PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Battling

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th February 2006, 5:25 PM
So, do you think their will be any battling in Ranger. Like you against another Ranger or something? I mean, a game without Pokemon Battling is weird...

Torchic23
18th February 2006, 5:33 PM
I don't think so, maybe against really evil people or whatever, but pokemon rangers help pokemon not hurt them in battle

ghost master
18th February 2006, 6:28 PM
I don't think so, maybe against really evil people or whatever, but pokemon rangers help pokemon not hurt them in battle. Having a battle doesnt mean your evil. I can see battle occur in Ranger too between different city rangers. I dont know how it would work but, if you can borrow pokemon and use the disc and ferns comes up for grass pokemon or bubbles with water pokemon. I'm sure there's a way to battle. Whether that means Using pokemon that are in your party temporarily or I guess Plusle/Minun could battle for you if you dont have any other pokemon.

Pixol
18th February 2006, 6:39 PM
Maybe you go into an arena and have to fight to get the Pokémon. Then, using the ones you got before the other Ranger, you battle.
Would be quite fun. Wear out your hand with all the spinning but ah well! ;)

Serebii
18th February 2006, 7:27 PM
If there were battles, we would know about it by now

skarmachild
18th February 2006, 9:37 PM
So, do you think their will be any battling in Ranger. Like you against another Ranger or something? I mean, a game without Pokemon Battling is weird...

Pokémon Dash? Pokémon Snap? Pokémon Pinball?

But yeh I know what you mean. I wonder how battling would work though.

Heres an idea:
You and another person are set in a small place, there are loads of Pokémon around you. You have to capture a good one and auto-battle it against whatever your opponent caught with the Styler. Could work, but might be boring.

Does the game have multiplayer confirmed?

redchesus
18th February 2006, 11:07 PM
So it looks like Ranger is more of a puzzle adventure games, where you don't battle but just have to figure out which pokemon to use in which situations and get past obstacles, etc, is what I think

shining-Celebi
19th February 2006, 4:16 PM
Well how are you suppost to defeat Team GoGo without battling?

I guess battling is still in progress...

Redtag
19th February 2006, 4:58 PM
You want Poke Battles..? Go play Ru/Sa/Em etc...Thus game is a welcome addition to the numerous Pokemon Battle theme games...

ghost master
19th February 2006, 5:26 PM
If there were battles, we would know about it by now I'm not sure how you figure that. We are just now figuring out how to obtain pokemon one step at a time.

Pokémon Dash? Pokémon Snap? Pokémon Pinball? well thats different. First of all the concept was pretty simple to get. There really isnt a way to do poke battles in racing, pinball, or photography. There is a way though in Ranger. You could always use plusle or minun to battle or use the pokemon in your party. We really dont know. It would be interesting to know what to do when you have Ranger rival confrontations or you have to defeat team gogo. I would assume by pokebattles or something similar in concept.

Pixol
21st February 2006, 8:25 PM
Maybe you could just zap Team Gogo with your Plusle/Minun. That will shut them up! :D

CyberCubed
22nd February 2006, 1:28 AM
If there were battles, we would know about it by now

If there isn't then what the heck are we supossed to do in this game? Surely walking around and solving some puzzles ain't the whole thing.

If there's no action, there's no fun. How the heck can they design an entire RPG-ish game without any type of battling?

The Ranger episode in the anime showcased how battles could be done....hmmm.

Pokemaníaco Desesperado
22nd February 2006, 2:40 PM
If there isn't then what the heck are we supossed to do in this game? Surely walking around and solving some puzzles ain't the whole thing.

If there's no action, there's no fun. How the heck can they design an entire RPG-ish game without any type of battling?

The Ranger episode in the anime showcased how battles could be done....hmmm.
Action=catching pokémon using special discs and attacks.

Waffles
23rd February 2006, 2:51 PM
Maybe they will battle using the Capture Stylers like Beyblades! *shot*

JazzJazz
23rd February 2006, 5:42 PM
I mean, a game without Pokemon Battling is weird...

I'm sure people once said the same thing about wild pokemon in an RPG... but look at Colosseum and XD.

Serebii
23rd February 2006, 11:11 PM
I'm sure people once said the same thing about wild pokemon in an RPG... but look at Colosseum and XD.
...And how they're hated in the general community

JazzJazz
24th February 2006, 4:15 AM
...And how they're hated in the general community

Well, we'll have to wait and see if omitting "regular" battling from Ranger will give it the same fate...

Manga_in_a_Bottle
24th February 2006, 8:29 AM
If there are battles, they won't be the battles we're familier with. I think Waffles is on to something with the Beyblade-esque idea. No, seriously, I bet ya fifty if they have 'battling', that's how it's gonna happen

ghost master
24th February 2006, 6:05 PM
If there are battles, they won't be the battles we're familier with. I think Waffles is on to something with the Beyblade-esque idea. No, seriously, I bet ya fifty if they have 'battling', that's how it's gonna happen except there would be no way to win the battle.

JazzJazz
24th February 2006, 8:13 PM
Well, there sort of has to be battles as we have some villains. Surely these baddies can't be defeated by clearing paths and destroying obstacles... there'll have to be a way to utilise the powers of the pokemon for offence, but we'll just have to wait and see what it turns out to be.

Metal Force
3rd March 2006, 3:27 PM
I think there might be battling but in a tottaly different way .

Patchiiru
4th March 2006, 3:51 AM
There will be battles, there just has to be. Pokemon Pinball, Snap, and Dash are based on Pinball, Taking Pictures, and Racing. This is about using your Pokemon to help you through the game. There must be something that's atleast SORT OF battling.

Chibi
4th March 2006, 4:10 AM
We'll be PokéRangers. Any chance of PokéPoachers? We're protecting Pokémon, maybe they're destroying them? It says Lapres was close to extinction by way of poachers.