PDA

View Full Version : Get Backers

MondoTR
18th February 2006, 10:10 PM
My second favorite anime. <3 Himiko's my favorite character (obviously, LOL).

How many eps does it have? I forget, LOL.

That Scary Clefairy
19th February 2006, 12:48 AM
I'm not sure about episodes in the anime but I do know there is 33 volumes of the manga out and I'm sure it still continueing.

I like Ban Mido and Akabane the best. Oh and the punk kid in the first volume of the manga. He's a spoiler for later.

HK
19th February 2006, 12:55 AM
Apparently there is forty-nine episodes listed by ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1840

Which confuses me, considering that I always believed that there were fifty, by then again forty-nine isn't unheard of...

Anyway, similar to Ah! My Goddess!, I've only read the manga. However, I must say that it is one of my more favorite shounen series that doesn't get enough respect. Has amazing art, good cast of character, nice action, and has that episodic feel very early on that doesn't go away as the series progresses.

And yes, TSC, Akabane rocks.

MondoTR
19th February 2006, 1:21 AM
Forty-nine? Wow, I'm over half way then. *has the first thirty eps on DVD* ^_^

raney
21st February 2006, 1:47 AM
i love get backers so much! I do think however the dub voices (as always) fail to do justice to the japanese version i love Himiko shes my fav character. I tin kit's definatly i series for thoses who've seen alot of anime though otherwise you just have to accept that everyone has a special power (most of which don't fully ever get explained with the exception of Ban and Himiko if there's anymore tell me.)

Does anyone else think Hevn's breast defy the laws of physics? I love at the end of the episode "farewell my lover" how thw writters have her hug mido and ginji and her breasts seriosuly fly forward it always makes me laugh.

That Scary Clefairy
21st February 2006, 2:40 AM
i love get backers so much! I do think however the dub voices (as always) fail to do justice to the japanese version i love Himiko shes my fav character. I tin kit's definatly i series for thoses who've seen alot of anime though otherwise you just have to accept that everyone has a special power (most of which don't fully ever get explained with the exception of Ban and Himiko if there's anymore tell me.)

Does anyone else think Hevn's breast defy the laws of physics? I love at the end of the episode "farewell my lover" how thw writters have her hug mido and ginji and her breasts seriosuly fly forward it always makes me laugh.

You act like the dub is horrible. -__- The dub isn't really bad at all. meh....purists.

As for Hevn, she Irish I believe. The original manga ka stated so in one of the volumes.

MondoTR
21st February 2006, 1:10 PM
All I've seen is the dub and I think it's great. And you pwn for having himiko as your fave character. ^_^

raney
22nd February 2006, 1:17 AM
Oh don't get me wrong i was in no way saying the dub was bad i thought it was good in comparison to some shows i was merely saying i felt the some voices didn't match up (one major complaint though is i felt hevn's voice actress totally sucked in farewell my lover NO EMOTION sorry)

Yay for Himiko lovers! I was wondering have never read the manga if they ever explain the lost children thing. I was always burnt up inside that it was never explained at all except that she was cursed....i really think thats as deep as it ever went.

That Scary Clefairy
22nd February 2006, 3:59 AM
well I believe it still on going and Japan is at volume 33. So they have to at least explain something about it. I know the brother does appear in the manga in a flashback.

Oh and I got vol 13 of the manga. Good ****. I really like this arc for some reason, even though it was short. Can't wait till volume 14 or 15. nice shock if you read volume one of the manga.

raney
24th February 2006, 5:52 AM
hmmmm i always ****** at the show for never answering Himiko's past and at Ban for never appoligising (for god sake man just say sorry you killed her brother for as far as she knows no good reason) One thing i didn't like was how we just had to accept everyone bar Natsumi, Paul, Hevn and random extras had a special power i can only think of a few that ever got explain (Ban, kazuki and jubei (i think) )

Also i've decided to make a getbackers website since i couldnt find any decent websites with infomation on them (that and i have WAY to much free time on my hands) So if anyone wants to help out i could use any good pictures you have or if you'd like to write some bios or episode guides for me i'd appreciate it email me raney_369@hotmail.com