PDA

View Full Version : What would it have been like...

UberSorcerer
19th February 2006, 5:10 AM
In the 10th anni boards theres a bit of talk about Kanto taking memory from Johto in G/S, so does anyone wanna discuss what G/S would have been like mono Johto?

XxGreivousxX
19th February 2006, 6:03 AM
too boring johto is unexotic

TheMusicMan
19th February 2006, 7:01 AM
Agreeing with the above post.

Moonlight.
19th February 2006, 5:14 PM
It wouldn't have seemed as...big. Johto relied on Kanto, even though the Kanto we see in GSC is mediocre at best.

I think one of the main reasons I like GSC though is that it isn't over when you've beaten the Elite Four - there are still more gyms to face, and I've never had a better experience in my "Pokemon life" than going on the boat and making my way back to Kanto.

Personally, I like having that experience - going back to the "new" Kanto. It's like revisiting certain characters and areas in any sequel.

Blastoise King
21st February 2006, 11:23 AM
meh imo no kanto wouldve led to a much better johto because they could focus on the one region

Saph
24th February 2006, 4:14 PM
Well for one thing Lake of Rage town would have been there. Perhaps we would have had a safari zone, too.

Absol!
26th February 2006, 3:47 AM
^ I agree with the above poster.

Jhoto's awesome, but it needs a Safari Zone. -nods- And a Lakeside City (or something like that) beside Lake of Rage would be awesome. I hated making my way up there and facing trainers, then having to go all the way back down, heal my Pokemon, then head back up to catch Gyarados.

There needed to be a quest or something to unlock a Gym Leader, and Houndour so needed to be able to be caught before beating the League! [Houndour is my favourite Pokemon. It rocks, lol.]