PDA

View Full Version : WotC takes on R_E

chaoslord
19th February 2006, 6:04 AM
By now, I'm sure the MTG players have heard of this.

If not, read the first post here: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=32149

Alright yall, Discuss. If yall have any questions about it, ask, and I'll try to fill in the details to the best of my knowledge.

klducks
19th February 2006, 6:25 AM
stupid, just stupid.

First of all, it makes WotC look horrible to EVERYONE. These types of things will lose sales more then gain.

second, why put all the blame on rancored elf? he wasnt the only one finding the spoilers. He was just posting it.

not to mention, the spoilers make me and everyone else i know that plays magic want to get the set more

"DID YOU KNOW THAT THERES DUEL LANDS!"
"THERES GONNA BE BURNING TREE SHAMAN! ITS GREAT"
"HOLY CRAP!"
etc.

This is just a bad move all in all.

chaoslord
19th February 2006, 6:37 AM
I agree, although, there are a LOT of people who don't like spoilers, and I can see there points too.

But suing a man who is just passing on info for $90,000? Unbelievable.

This is probably all due to the Snap playtesting cards, but christ. I mean, they could have been fakes. R_E, I think, acknowledged himself when he posted them that they might be fake. Can't believe this Wizo's. They need to take PR 101 again.

klducks
19th February 2006, 6:45 AM
I agree, although, there are a LOT of people who don't like spoilers, and I can see there points too.
but cant they just, not click on "spoilers" on the right?

I mean, it took me a while to find the spoilers page myself when first visiting MTG salvation, i cant see how you can just HAPPEN to see them if you dont want to.

But suing a man who is just passing on info for $90,000? Unbelievable.
agreed. Thats way to much for a guy who loves the game, and does it to help them and strengthen the MTG community.

Couldnt they have given him a warning to shut it down before they took legal actions?

This is probably all due to the Snap playtesting cards, but christ. I mean, they could have been fakes. R_E, I think, acknowledged himself when he posted them that they might be fake. Can't believe this Wizo's. They need to take PR 101 again.
yeh, sometimes they were wrong. One thing noticed was they spoiled Giant Solifuge as a 4/3. Hey guess what, it's a 4/1.

this is just wrong.

Eon Chao
19th February 2006, 3:18 PM
As klducks pointed out it's the spoilers that make people interested in the sets. I know some of my friends spent hideous amounts on Ravenica and Guildpact just because of the spoilers. However the most annoying thing is that spoilers generally only start appearing a week before the pre-release at most and tbh even if the card is revealed early then how does it effect their sales? All it does is allow players some idea of what's coming up for players to build decks around. If I wasn't already unable to afford Magic this would make me stop buying it for a while.

Originally Posted by chaoslord

But unless you actively go hunting for spoilers then you seriously will find it hard to find them...and besides people not liking spoilers usually only really applies to the players so casual that they don't even look at set list after they're out or ...most commonly to films, books and TV shows.