PDA

View Full Version : Mwehehehe... Another newbie

Nebula
19th February 2006, 1:11 PM
I'm Nebula, nearly 16 from the UK. I recently joined this forum and stuff... yeah...

I'm a fan of Metroid, Pokémon, Legend of Zelda and Advance Wars. My favourite Pokémon is Absol and my favourite element is Flying. ;359;

Pearl's Perap
19th February 2006, 1:41 PM
Well, welcome to SPPF, hope you have as much as fun as all of us do ^__^

make sure to check out the rules, use the search feature and read the first post of threads :)

Well..thats enough of my crap advice...

ZaK;271;

PhQnix
19th February 2006, 1:43 PM
Welcome. Word of advice, don't use pokemon smileys regardless of how appropiate they seem to your posts.

Pokemon smileys bug people. D:

Fluorescent Adolescent
19th February 2006, 1:46 PM
I'm Nebula, nearly 16 from the UK. I recently joined this forum and stuff... yeah...

OH SHNAPS :O!!! Oh wait you said nearly 16...I am 16 D:!

Welcome and stuff :l

Fatal
19th February 2006, 2:07 PM
Welcome. It's just a matter of time until a Midnight Eefi impersonator show up here. :>

-Fatal

Stardust25
19th February 2006, 5:02 PM
Welcome. It's just a matter of time until a Midnight Eefi impersonator show up here. :>

-Fatal

If you have a problem with me, then take it to the Private Messages, this kind of stuff does not belong in a person's welcoming thread. This is for welcoming a new member to the forums, not for making comments about other people. I have never done anything to you, and I am not doing anything wrong, I posted my own descriptions for the links and everything. I even give credit to Midnight Eefi in my links very clearly. But, I guess that since you have been registered here 5 months, you think that you are an "established veteran" and you know everything, right?

Anyways, Nebula, sorry about that, I would like to welcome you to SPPf!! Have fun posting here, and enjoy your stay here.

Here are some rules and links for you to look at!! However, credit for these links goes to Midnight Eefi, who posted a list of links and who inspired me to make a list of my own, as well as the people that wrote these articles!!

User Control Panel (http://www.serebiiforums.com/usercp.php)
Use this to make changes to your siggy and update you profile, set your options, add an avatar and a profile piccy, and other cool things.

Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/rules.html)
These are the rules at the forums. You definitely need to read this, following the rules will be the best way to keep everybody on the forums happy, both yourself and the other members and staff. By following the rules, and displaying good judgement and posting skills will help you become a respected member of the community.

Complete Signature Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=60702)
This post shows in detail the rules that you need to follow when making your siggy. If there is any confusion, you may get you siggy checked in the official siggy checking thread. Get your Signature Checked!! (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=103081)

Newbie Help Topic/FAQ (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=91015)
This is a very helpful thread that gives a lot of info about the forums and how things work around here.

Forum Search (http://www.serebiiforums.com/search.php)
Use this to search for info on the forums. There is a chance that the answer to your questions may have already been answered.

Adopt-A-Newbie Agency (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=87521)
This is a thread for new members to be adopted or for older members to adopt a new member. Basically, this is just for older members to help out new members until they get used to the forums.

Official Username Change Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=96594)
If you ever want your username changed, then post a request here!!

Log Out Problems? This might help. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=86680)
This is where you should go if you are having problems logging out of the forums.

Serebii Forum Moderators/Administrators List (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showgroups.php)
Moderator-Moderators can delete threads, edit threads, move threads, and delete posts, but only in the forums that they moderate.

Moderator+-Moderators+ can do everything that regular mods can, and they can also edit siggies and even ban members, but only in the forums that they mod.

Super Moderator-They can do everything that Moderators+ can, but they do these things in every forum.

Administrator-They can do pretty much anything by using the Administrator Control Panel.

Akilah Imani
19th February 2006, 7:57 PM
If you have a problem with me, then take it to the Private Messages, this kind of stuff does not belong in a person's welcoming thread. This is for welcoming a new member to the forums, not for making comments about other people. I have never done anything to you, and I am not doing anything wrong, I posted my own descriptions for the links and everything. I even give credit to Midnight Eefi in my links very clearly. But, I guess that since you have been registered here 5 months, you think that you are an "established veteran" and you know everything, right?
Dude, he was joking, don't be so touchy -_- It wasn't an insult or anything. Now, if I say something to/about you, chances are I'm insulting you :/

Welcome to SPPF, Nebula. Nice to see another Advanced Wars fan.

Edit: Whoa, I always swore that Fatal was a 'she' *corrects*
Fatal I'm anti-sorry for the mixup.

Psycho

PhQnix
19th February 2006, 10:36 PM
Dude, she was joking, don't be so touchy -_- It wasn't an insult or anything. Now, if I say something to/about you, chances are I'm insulting you :/

That "she" is a he for future reference.

Welcome, again.

Pokemon smileys are evil...

Angeling
19th February 2006, 10:49 PM

Like they said, it was just a joke.. He's not directing it only to you too, and he did say "Welcome," ya know. >_>;

Anyway, welcome to SPPf. Read the rules, memorize, don't go off-topic, yadda yadda yadda. Also, the rabid Plusles are watching.. Now stay active and stay out of trouble. No excuse for breaking the rules anymore...

PhQnix
19th February 2006, 10:49 PM
Look up Locke, Stardust beat you too it...

D:

That would be the problem with Kyukon clones, there are too many of you.

Ice Cold Glalie
19th February 2006, 10:53 PM
welcome to the forums, wow your nearly 16 and from the UK like me wow

have fun

PM me if you want to be friends

;362; ICG

EDIT: OMG your birthday is just before mine 11 days infact wow

Eszett
19th February 2006, 11:03 PM
Salutations to the forum, Nebula! I can help you with your sig and officially validate it such that my validation warrants it abiding of the sig protocols. (!) In addition, if you don't like the skin, you can speedily change it by scrolling all the way to the bottom and changing the selector on the left-hand side.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Fatal
19th February 2006, 11:27 PM
Whoa, I always swore that Fatal was a 'she' *corrects*
Fatal I'm anti-sorry for the mixup.

D: And what gave you that idea?

Nah, just kidding, 'tis okay.

Also, Stardust25, I never said anything about you. :/

And welcome once again, Nebula. Make the best of your time here.

-Fatal

Justineer
20th February 2006, 3:12 AM
Hello and welcome! Have fun! PM me if you need help with anything!

Stardust25
20th February 2006, 5:41 AM
Well, if it was only intended as a joke, then I truly apoligize for over-reacting. I just assumed that in connetion with a post in another topic, that you were saying something to me. I was probably just a little defensive from a rather nasty comment that Eszett made towards me a week or so ago, and there was no chance that it was just joking, it was downright rude. So, once again, I am sorry about the misunderstanding, I was wrong, and I hope that we can put this incident behind us.

@Midnight Eefi, yes I saw that he said welcome, I was just referring to the rest of the post after "welcome." But, hopefully that is all in the past.

@Nebula, sorry that all of this went on in your welcoming thread!!

Slypher
20th February 2006, 8:44 AM
Nebula, read rules, don't act stupid, and that's basically it.
Also, you gained respect point for not saying "Long time lurker, first time poster". You do, however, lose respect points for including a Pokemon smiley, they are a by-product of the devil.

Jinchuuriki Hunter
20th February 2006, 9:40 AM
I welcome you, Nebula, to the 2nd greatest place on Earth! (1st being home...or a five star hotel.) A flying Absol would be amusing.

Angeling
20th February 2006, 9:01 PM
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=2755418&highlight=ignor%2A#post2755418

Here is your quote from that thread.

You made that comment in response to when I was just copy/pasting Midnight Eefi's links for new members, and even though it was quoted as being her's, in my post it said that "I am one of the members that are authorized to check sigs" or something like that. Anyways, it was just a simple mistake,they were Midnight Eefi's links, and I gave credit to her for them. At the time, it just seemed like a pretty rude comment to make. There are nicer ways to tell people that they made a little mistake, I have been posting regularly on online forums for well over 5 years, and I moderate at another forum, and I would never talk to somebody like that, unless they were just going out of their way to be a bad member. I feel bad enough that this discussion is taking place in Nebula's welcoming thread. So anyways, if I took things too seriously, then I am truly sorry. I don't want there to be any hard feelings between anybody.

Hey, stop the freakin' e-drama or whatever EVERYONE. >_>;; If you must insist on showing him proof of a 'nasty comment' (which is just his way of pointing out your mistake), do so in PM. Must we need a freakin' e-drama in the welcome thread of someone? It makes people sad with e-drama. ;(
Additionally, I gave my job of giving links to Locke Yggdrasill. :O

Now, I hope you won't start something like this, Nebula and have some common sense. And refrain from making off-topic comments like this! >_>;;; *coughs*

Virtual Headache
21st February 2006, 12:30 AM
Take this discussion about the clones to PM next time.
I deleted all posts which were completely off-topic.

@topic
Welcome to the forums, Nebula.
I hope you haven't been confused by the discussion going on here.
Have nice time here and don't forget to read the important threads before asking a question^^