PDA

View Full Version : Possible team for 10th anniversary tour

TRJessie579
20th February 2006, 5:01 AM
This is the Sandstorm team I've dabbled with in Netbattle a while ago--I would not describe myself as a competetive battler in any sense of the word, and while this did win more often that I had thought it would, it's just a hell of a lot of fun to use.

That being said, I'm thinking about moving it to in-game to use in the 2 vs 2 battle in the 10th Anniversary tour (D.C. area). I'm not sure how it would work as far as 2 vs 2 goes, plus the EVs would have to be dumbed down enough that I wouldn't go crazy EV-training in game. I'm hoping for simple 252/252/6 sets (yes I know they suck, but it would make it SO much easier), possibly 252/129/129.

For those who don't know, here are the general rules for the tournament at the 10th Anniversary tour, at least all the ones that relate to my team:

* 2 vs 2 battle, LV 100, team of 6 and you choose 4 to battle with.
* 30 second limit to select each move, 8 minute time limit for each battle (I don't know if this means once that time is up the person with the most Pokes standing wins, or what).
* No Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys.
* No duplicate Pokemon, no duplicate items.

Because of the "no duplicate items" I need a lot of help with item choosing, plus EV spreads, but I have the majority of the movesets down. The one problem I have is trying to get HP in-game. If I can, great, if not I'm not breeding for a month until I get one, so no HP movesets please. Also need help with EVs.

Tyranitar @ ???
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, ???
Sand Stream

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
???

Thought about using Taunt, but I'm not sure how much I would need it in this battle unless there are a LOT of competetive battlers there. Should I leave Taunt or get another attacking move? Or Thunder Wave, maybe?

Cacturne @ Brightpowder
Impish Nature
EVs: ???

Focus Punch
Giga Drain
Teeter Dance
Toxic

Great annoyer/hax, and can actually take a few hits (if it IS hit).

Aerodactyl @ King's Rock (Rock Head Ability)
Jolly Nature
EVs: 262 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Double Edge

Standard. Don't know how good King's Rock is.

Cradily @ ???
Careful Nature

Ancient Power
Mirror Coat
Rest
Toxic

Nice tank.

Swampert @ ???
Calm Nature

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Roar/Rest
Surf

Trying to decide between Roar and Rest.

I'm not sure what I should do for the last Poke--on NB I had Jirachi, who was excellent, but of course I can't use it in this tourney. I was thinking Magneton, I need another Pokemon with Special moves, but I'm not sure what a good moveset would be without HP.

Criticism is WELCOME, just not flaming. I want to know how to make this team good, or whether I should scrap it for a better 2 vs 2, since I have until July to do either.

chaos952
20th February 2006, 5:19 AM
Competitive RMT is <-- that way.

This is the Sandstorm team I've dabbled with in Netbattle a while ago--I would not describe myself as a competetive battler in any sense of the word, and while this did win more often that I had thought it would, it's just a hell of a lot of fun to use.

That being said, I'm thinking about moving it to in-game to use in the 2 vs 2 battle in the 10th Anniversary tour (D.C. area). I'm not sure how it would work as far as 2 vs 2 goes, plus the EVs would have to be dumbed down enough that I wouldn't go crazy EV-training in game. I'm hoping for simple 252/252/6 sets (yes I know they suck, but it would make it SO much easier), possibly 252/129/129.

For those who don't know, here are the general rules for the tournament at the 10th Anniversary tour, at least all the ones that relate to my team:

* 30 second limit to select each move, 8 minute time limit for each battle (I don't know if this means once that time is up the person with the most Pokes standing wins, or what).

Because of the "no duplicate items" I need a lot of help with item choosing, plus EV spreads, but I have the majority of the movesets down. The one problem I have is trying to get HP in-game. If I can, great, if not I'm not breeding for a month until I get one, so no HP movesets please. Also need help with EVs.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 54 Def / 160 Spd
Sand Stream

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunder Wave

Thought about using Taunt, but I'm not sure how much I would need it in this battle unless there are a LOT of competetive battlers there. Should I leave Taunt or get another attacking move? Or Thunder Wave, maybe?

Use Thunder Wave. 252 / 252 / 6 can work here, but is not recommended, as you only need enough EVs for 198 Speed.

Cacturne @ Brightpowder
Naughty Nature

Focus Punch
Giga Drain/Needle Arm
Substitute
Toxic

I wouldn't use this. I wouldn't rely on hax for winning. Don't forget that Teeter Dance confuses everybody on the field. Still not worth using anyways. I've never used Cacturne anyways, so I can't really help you here.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band (Rock Head Ability)
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Double Edge

Cradily @ Lum Berry
Careful Nature
EVs: 156 HP / 162 Atk / 80 Def / 112 SDef

Rock Slide
Earthquake
Recover
Toxic

Nice tank.

A Cradily without Recover is not a Cradily.

Swampert @ Chesto Berry
Brave Nature
EVs: 240 HP / 50 Atk / 44 SAtk / 176 SDef

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Curse
Surf/Rest

I'm not sure what I should do for the last Poke--on NB I had Jirachi, who was excellent, but of course I can't use it in this tourney. I was thinking Magneton, I need another Pokemon with Special moves, but I'm not sure what a good moveset would be without HP.

Criticism is WELCOME, just not flaming. I want to know how to make this team good, or whether I should scrap it for a better 2 vs 2, since I have until July to do either.

Stupid item clause...

Drought/Drizzle teams are far better than Sandstorm teams in 2 vs 2. You'll have major problems stopping them.

252 / 129 / 129 spreads are even worse than 252 / 252 / 6 spreads.

Tazzler
20th February 2006, 4:43 PM

Tyranitar @ ???
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 160 Speed, Rest In Hp
Sand Stream

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunder Wave

160 Speed is needed to get to 198 but unless you plan on having an iv of 31 in speed I would put more so you don't have to retrain.
Cacturne @ Brightpowder
Mild Nature
EVs: 70 HP / 136 Atk / 92 Spd / 212 SAtk

Focus Punch
Needle Arm
Thunderpunch
Substitute

Aerodactyl @Choice band (Rock Head Ability)
Jolly Nature
EVs: 262 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Double Edge

Cradily @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs: 156 HP / 160 Atk / 102 Def / 92 SDef
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Recover
Toxic

Nice tank.

Swampert @ ???
Brave Nature
EVs: Use Chaos' evs.

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Curse
Surf/Waterfall

Fluorescent Adolescent
20th February 2006, 6:31 PM
Needs less Cradily and Cacturne imo ;/ That is, if you want any serious and decent chance of winning.

BTW pert does make a nice curse/roarer if you're into that thing but personally, I'd get some physical wall and special wall bunged in there over the two pogeys I mentioned above (Cradily and Cacturne)

Tazzler
20th February 2006, 6:34 PM
I find cradily to be a decent special sponge on a sandstorm team.

aipomkong
20th February 2006, 6:36 PM
no matter what you will be beaten by (CM/Surf/Ice Beam/Rest) suicune

so i'd include magneton if you REALLY want to have a sand stream team

btw just in case you didn't know King's rock will have no effect on Aero's rock slide

ZNtelle
20th February 2006, 10:04 PM
King's Rock doesn't do anything for attacks with secondary effects.