PDA

View Full Version : Can you please rate my emerald team?

Sceptile
20th February 2006, 11:05 PM
Swampert L.44
Muddy Water
Mud Shot
Ice Beam
Take Down

Sableye L.41
Night Shade
Thief
Detect
Secret Power

Skarmory L.43
Spikes
Roar
Aerial Ace
Toxic

Linoone L.44
Belly Drum
Rest
Headbutt
Rollout

I need ideas for moves, items, and 2 more pokemon. I am leaning towards Manectric and Salamence...But suggest ideas please!

Desert_Rose
20th February 2006, 11:32 PM
Rating Format (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99130) <--Read it. Memorize it. Redo this.

I'm sorry, but your whole team is horrible. Let your Swampert learn Earthquake at whatever lvl. it learns it at and replace Mud Shot with EQ. Add a Salamence; moves: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Flamethrower, and Fly. Give all pokemon the item Leftovers. Get a Gardevoir and replace Linoone with it; moves: Pyschic, Will-O-Wisp, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind. Add either a Geodude to your team; moves: Earthquake, Rock Blast, Strength, and..another move of your choice OR add an Armaldo to your team; moves: Rock Blast, Protect, Sludge Bomb, and Strength (I'm not to familiar with Armaldos..). Get a Breloom and replace the Sableye with it; moves: Giga Drain, Focus Punch, Spore, and ..your choice. Replace the Skarmory with a Blaziken. If you can't get a Blaziken, get a Ninetales. I've never raised a Ninetales, but your team is screaming "We need a fire pokemon!" Teach the Blaziken Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Earthquake, HP (flying). The Ninetales: Flamethrower, maybe protect, and 2 other moves....

aipomkong
20th February 2006, 11:46 PM
silver_cat that salamence you suggested was horrible

Desert_Rose
20th February 2006, 11:48 PM
silver_cat that salamence you suggested was horrible

Lol...Yeah I noticed that and I'm planning a team for Sceptile and the Salamence won't suck.

Sceptile
20th February 2006, 11:51 PM
silver cat, watch your mouth about linoone, he's saved my uh, butt a million times

Desert_Rose
20th February 2006, 11:53 PM
But will he/does he at BF? That is the true question.
Btw Sceptile, can you trade some pokemon in from FR/LF or R/S?

Sceptile
21st February 2006, 12:10 AM
1. Probably.
2. no

Sceptile 100
21st February 2006, 12:59 AM
silver cat, watch your mouth about linoone, he's saved my uh, butt a million timesGood point. I probably wouldn't have gone through the game if I hadn't had my linoone.

ZNtelle
21st February 2006, 5:27 AM
Okay, let's actually rate this team like this guy wanted us to, shall we?

Swampert @ Leftovers
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Sableye @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Recover

Skarmory @ Leftovers
- Spikes
- Aerial Ace
- Rest
- Whirlwind

Linoone @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Shadow Ball

But will he/does he at BF? That is the true question.
Zip your lips. Who said anything about Battle Frontier/Tower?

But suggest ideas please!
We're technically not allowed to do that, but Manectric and Salamence seem fine to me. In the case that you use them, try these sets...

Salamence @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

Manectric @ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch

Metal Force
21st February 2006, 6:38 AM
i think u should get :
CAMRUPT or TORKAOL moves ( fire moves + protecting move + poweful move + move of ur choise )
VILEPLUME or BELLOSSOM or LUDICOLO or TROPIUS ( grass moves[solar beam or giga drain or magical leaf{for bellossom}] + state affect move[like toxic & such] + sunny day + move of ur choise )
also moves for ur Sableye : shadow ball / faint attack / focus punch / detect
for swampert teach it earthquake insted of mud shot
for Skarmory insted of roar steel wing

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster
21st February 2006, 8:39 AM
Rating Format (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99130) <--Read it. Memorize it. Redo this.

I'm sorry, but your whole team is horrible. Let your Swampert learn Earthquake at whatever lvl. it learns it at and replace Mud Shot with EQ. Add a Salamence; moves: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Flamethrower, and Fly. Give all pokemon the item Leftovers. Get a Gardevoir and replace Linoone with it; moves: Pyschic, Will-O-Wisp, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind. Add either a Geodude to your team; moves: Earthquake, Rock Blast, Strength, and..another move of your choice OR add an Armaldo to your team; moves: Rock Blast, Protect, Sludge Bomb, and Strength (I'm not to familiar with Armaldos..). Get a Breloom and replace the Sableye with it; moves: Giga Drain, Focus Punch, Spore, and ..your choice. Replace the Skarmory with a Blaziken. If you can't get a Blaziken, get a Ninetales. I've never raised a Ninetales, but your team is screaming "We need a fire pokemon!" Teach the Blaziken Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Earthquake, HP (flying). The Ninetales: Flamethrower, maybe protect, and 2 other moves....

this would be a better moveset:
armaldo
rock slide
body slam
swords dance
iron tail

Deathskully
21st February 2006, 1:12 PM
I thought the normal Armaldo set was Rock Blast / Swords Dance / Aerial Ace or Brick Break / Earthquake?

Sceptile
21st February 2006, 2:58 PM
Okay, let's actually rate this team like this guy wanted us to, shall we?

Swampert @ Leftovers
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Sableye @ Leftovers
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Recover

Skarmory @ Leftovers
- Spikes
- Aerial Ace
- Rest
- Whirlwind

Linoone @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Extremespeed
- Shadow Ball

Zip your lips. Who said anything about Battle Frontier/Tower?

We're technically not allowed to do that, but Manectric and Salamence seem fine to me. In the case that you use them, try these sets...

Salamence @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

Manectric @ Leftovers
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch
Gotcha. Thanks Nine thou!

EDIT:Wait! How do you get curse on swampert? And Extremespeed Linoone? And substitute?

Metal Force
21st February 2006, 3:26 PM
EDIT:Wait! How do you get curse on swampert? And Extremespeed Linoone? And substitute?
swampert with curse : by breeding
linoone with Substitute : by move tutor or breeding ( it can't learn Extremespeed )

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
22nd February 2006, 12:34 AM
Actually, Linoone gets Extremespeed, but only from the game Pokémon Box. It's not a real RPG, it's just basically an enormous PC that holds 1,500 Pokémon. Once you store a certain amount of Pokémon, you'll receive an Egg. There's False Swipe Swablu, Extremespeed Zigzagoon, Pay Day Skitty, and Surf Pichu(there's also Wish Ralts for the Japanese). If I recall correctly, you need to deposit 100 Pokémon in Box to get Zigzagoon. But really, it's not worth the effort. Even if you do somehow acquire Box and get 100 Pokémon to deposit, you might end up with a Zigzagoon with a terrible Nature(like my Brave one). Return/Body Slam(if it gets it, not sure) works fine with Linoone, but Extremespeed is better if you can get it.

Surprised no one mentioned that Linoone is actually a good Pokémon =/ Anything that gets Belly Drum and [STAB] Extremespeed(and Substitute, to a lesser extent. But everything gets Substitute ¬_¬) deserves some recognition.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Sceptile
22nd February 2006, 12:59 AM
Oh Ok... Sounds pointless lol

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
22nd February 2006, 3:35 AM
Oh Ok... Sounds pointless lol

Extremespeed works wonderfully in conjunction with Belly Drum, though. You always strike first and get STAB off a decently powerful move. It takes a lot to resist that. Plus, Linoone has a decent movepool, and it can deal with Aggron, Forretress, or even Skarmory switch-ins. Which is awesome.

Of course, Linoone is quite fast on its own, so you'll be outpseeding and OHKOing most Pokémon with Return anyhow. Extremespeed is there for that little extra sense of security.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster
22nd February 2006, 8:15 AM
I thought the normal Armaldo set was Rock Blast / Swords Dance / Aerial Ace or Brick Break / Earthquake?

it is, but that was the moveset i use, and i find it works well.

FuRRie
22nd February 2006, 10:26 AM
I have an iea ! Let's stop suggesting semi-comptitive movesets for in game teams and give movesets which you can actually get relatively easy in game!

Deathskully
22nd February 2006, 11:18 AM
Hey, I thought you could also get a Wish Bagon or Shellgon or something from pokemon box? Because in Netbattle, you can teach a Salamence wish.

aipomkong
22nd February 2006, 3:47 PM
I have an iea ! Let's stop suggesting semi-comptitive movesets for in game teams and give movesets which you can actually get relatively easy in game!

i have an idea, no

as relativly easy to get in game movesets consist of Return/Hyper Beam/Secret Power/level up stab move (fire spin or something equally as bad)

Sceptile
22nd February 2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I agree. My friend uses something just like that against me. hehehe that got ugly fast.

For him.

FuRRie
22nd February 2006, 11:03 PM
i said relatively easy to get, i didn't say let's suggest stupid noob sets...

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd February 2006, 12:32 AM
There's not much in between 'relatively easy' and 'nubish sets,' really =/ There's the odd set that can do just as well as the Standard, there's novelty(Calm Mind Sudowoodo, i.e.), and that's pretty much it.

Wish is a NYPC move. Of course, the Pokémon Center has upgraded to Nintendo World to include all franchises, so I doubt they'll ever give away a Wish Bagon again. Anyhow, there are a lot of sets for Salamence besides the Wish one. CBMence, DDMence, Elemence, etc.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

ZNtelle
24th February 2006, 2:49 AM
i said relatively easy to get, i didn't say let's suggest stupid noob sets...
Somebody bat my eyebrow.

What you said was "Semi-competitive" is also not that hard to get InGame.