PDA

View Full Version : MODs-good or, bad?

Blazing Dragon
20th February 2006, 10:28 PM
Not all of our 'MOD's are perfect. I don't mean that all our SPPF members are great either, but this situation has come to my eyes. Some Moderators really do what they're asked to, but there are ones who provoke and aggrivate the user, and they are using language. For example, look what serebii posted:

So someone breaking the rules (we do not allow the calling of n00bs or any other derogatory statement for that matter) and you not reporting it means that the forums are bad?

Try reporting it to the area mods or Super Mods next time, it actually gets things sorted suprisingly

And Renegade leaving doesn't seem like a problem to me since many a time she was the one insulting people and calling them n00bs

So, no name calling eh, but look at what a MOD named Eternal has posted:

*spits drink on computer screen*

WTF? How in the bloody hell did you infer THAT, of all things from PDL's post? He implied nothing about water being a part of the bird. Pulling things out of your arse rocks.

On topic: I can't wait until next month, so people can come up with more retarded shat for the other three Pokemon. -_-

Whats this supposed to mean? Serebii lets his own MODs say stuff like this? I have Pmed him like so( I've been ignored):

Serebii, do you honestly believe that all our moderators are Saints or something. I do not mean to flame or insult you or Serebii.net. All that I mean is that some of our Moderators are too,…proud of them selves. Not all of them, just a few. Nor can I say that all members are good either. I would like for you to post a public thread with possibly a poll with the names of moderators. If a MOD doesn’t get good votes, he or she is no longer a MOD. This is simply a suggestion, not a demand.

At the very least, could you please make it so normal member can say that certain moderators are too strict or you know what. You must understand that some MODs provoke Bad behavior by using it them selves. Shouldn’t it be so Moderators set an EXAMPLE?

All I want to say is that you might want to reconsider some of your choices and make it closer to public favor, or look at the behavior of the MODs in order to see if the member should really be banned. I understand that you may not have time for this, so why not ask some of the more trustworthy moderators to assist you?

I need some opinions on this before I can unleash my plan. I also need support, but for the love of god, Serebii, please make this easier and see what you can do.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
20th February 2006, 10:30 PM
I think you shouldn't bother :)

-Josh

Blazing Dragon
20th February 2006, 10:31 PM
I think you shouldn't bother :)

-Josh

Tough. One of my best friends have been affected by this, and this is just pure,...WRONG.

Thriller
20th February 2006, 10:32 PM
I forsee a chain of unfortunate events within the next week or so.

And where in Eternals post did he call someone a name?

Chris
20th February 2006, 10:32 PM
If you damn people FOLLOW THE RULES AND STOPPED ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW ALL, maybe this wouldn't be brought up.

Fluorescent Adolescent
20th February 2006, 10:33 PM
Great, another one of these topics.As if there hasn't been enough of these over the past few days >_>;

Anyway like I said in the other thread the Mods do a good job and Eternal's post there is not a derogatory statement to the person directly, rather of what he/she said. Also, I'm sure it was in good reason, otherwise Eternal wouldn't have said it.

The internetz is once again proven to be serious business :(

Fatal
20th February 2006, 10:36 PM
So... what are you trying to accomplish? To me this just seems like a thread bashing Eternal. A lot of the n00bs already hate him because he's witty and blunt, so I don't think we should leave it up to them to tell who should remain modded and who shouldn't. :/

-Fatal

Blazing Dragon
20th February 2006, 10:36 PM
Great, another one of these topics.As if there hasn't been enough of these over the past few days >_>;

Anyway like I said in the other thread the Mods do a good job and Eternal's post there is not a derogatory statement to the person directly, rather of what he/she said. Also, I'm sure it was in good reason, otherwise Eternal wouldn't have said it.

The internetz is once again proven to be serious business :(

Oh quite indeed. Why do you think that posts like this are being made? Because people agree to this issue and half of them get banned for making a noble complaint. Most of them deserve it, yes they do, but for those who don't, whats the point? Jeez, getting banned for making a wrong statement? Tell me, is that somthing to get banned for?

PLANES CURE TOWERS
20th February 2006, 10:39 PM
Tough. One of my best friends have been affected by this, and this is just pure,...WRONG.
You should file a lawsuit on the internet.

-Josh

Shiny Heracross
20th February 2006, 10:39 PM
That's just the way Eternal acts. Live with it.

Chris
20th February 2006, 10:41 PM
Oh quite indeed. Why do you think that posts like this are being made? Because people agree to this issue and half of them get banned for making a noble complaint. Most of them deserve it, yes they do, but for those who don't, whats the point? Jeez, getting banned for making a wrong statement? Tell me, is that somthing to get banned for?
Nearly 90% of the people who make the claim that they didn't deserve punishment generally DO and DID deserve what they had coming to them. ¬¬

Shining Mew
21st February 2006, 3:16 PM
If you people have problems with a certain mod then just PM a higher moderator and let them take care of it... dont make another one of these threads. @_@