PDA

View Full Version : please rate my emerald team

Metal Force
21st February 2006, 6:11 AM
( i still have to defeat two gym leaders to get all the badges ) the pokemons i'm training in emerald right now are :

BLAZIKEN(male)
Lv:49
held item:charcoal(shel bell in future)
EV training: def + speed
Nature:naughty
moves:
- overheat
- blaze kick
- double kick
- rock tomb
FUTURE MOVES:
- overheat
- blaze kick
- sky upper cut
- rock tomb

AGGRON(male)
held item:quick claw(leftovers in future)
EV training: sp.def + speed
Nature:lonley
moves:
- iron tail
- sand storm
- dig
- headbutt
FUTURE MOVES:
- iron tail
- thunder punch
- fire punch
- brick break

MILOTIC(female)
held item:mystic water(leftovers in future)
EV training: def + speed
Nature:modest
moves:
- surf
- ice beam
- facade
- recover
FUTURE MOVES:
- surf
- ice beam
- hyper beam
- recover

SHIFTRY(male)
held item: amulet coin
EV training: def + sp.def
Nature:timid
moves:
- sunny day
- solar beam
- faint attack
- shadow ball
FUTURE MOVES:
- sunny day
- solar beam
- dynamic punch
- shadow ball

FUTURE pokemon:
SALAMENCE
METAGROSS

LugiaXD
21st February 2006, 12:26 PM
u have a good team but here's what u should do :
blaziken moves : fireblast/flamethrower/skyuppercut/icepunch
aggron moves: irontail/thunderpunch/icepunch/dynmicpunch
milotic moves: surf/icebeam/toxic/rest
shiftry: sunnyday/solarbeam/shadowball/hiddenpower

Metal Force
21st February 2006, 12:33 PM
finally someone posted anyway :

shiftry: ........./hiddenpower

shifry's hidden power is flying a flying type cannot defeat steel type pokes also blaziken with ice punch !!!! this is to wierd also i want to teach milotic toxic but it only learns 4 moves & i want a move that can attack water pokes "don't wanna hit with [it's not very affctive]" (proply normal like hyperbeam(wich i'll teach it) or anthing as long as it's strong & can attack water pokemon

Deathskully
21st February 2006, 1:08 PM
Lugia XD, if you're going to suggest moves, please don't put Dynamicpunch, or two of the same type moves on a pokemon...

I can't be bothered to correct all those moves, so on Blaziken, you can have Endure and Reversal, or Sky Uppercut, some other options that can work are rock slide.

Aggron should be a choice bander with something like Focus Punch as well as some other physical moves.

Milotic should have something like Hypnosis/Surf/Ice Beam / Recover. Any of those moves can be changed for Mirror Coat if you want.

Shiftry should have explosion.

Metal Force
21st February 2006, 2:40 PM
some other options that can work are rock slide
rockslide is powerful but i like rocktomb better cause it can lower foe's speed

Aggron should be a choice bander with something like Focus Punch as well as some other physical moves.
i know physical moves moves are good for aggron also i want teach him a good move that i can use easly (sure focus punch is great but it takes 2 turns & if it has been attacked the user misses the hit ... a way to avoide this maybee protect or something like it )

Milotic should have something like Hypnosis
it's a good move but i want a move that can attack water pokes ( don't wanna hit with not very affctive)

Shiftry should have explosion
i don't like these moves( selfdestruct & explosion) cause my poke faints after it sure its power is 250 but i don't wanna my pokemon to faint

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
22nd February 2006, 12:23 AM
rockslide is powerful but i like rocktomb better cause it can lower foe's speed

But, Rock Slide is at least twice as powerful, and you get a chance of Flinching your foe. Not that Aggron will be outspeeding much, but it helps against the odd Dusclops or Shuckle(Aggron owns Lucy's anyhow purely because of its Element. Shuckle cannot do anything to it whatsoever).

i know physical moves moves are good for aggron also i want teach him a good move that i can use easly (sure focus punch is great but it takes 2 turns & if it has been attacked the user misses the hit ... a way to avoide this maybee protect or something like it )

The most reliable combo for Focus Punch is Substitute. Assuming your Substitute isn't broken on the turn you use it, you'll be able to use Focus Punch even if the Sub breaks. It's called SubPunch, and it's great. InGame, though, it might be rather hard to pull off, as the CPUs seem to like all-out attacking moves.
By the way, look at Aggron's Base Stats (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/306.shtml)(at the bottom of the page). Its Attack is quite high(generally, anything with 85 or more is considered good when it comes to Base Stats). Its Special Attack is ridiculously low, though. Meaning you're going to do more damage with Physical Attack than Special Attacks no matter your opponent's Type.

it's a good move but i want a move that can attack water pokes ( don't wanna hit with not very affctive)

What you're looking for is Hidden Power Electric, but I highly doubt you'll be able to get that InGame. The most Milotic can do is put the Water switch-ins to sleep with Hypnosis =/ After that, you switch out and do whatever you please while your foe is sleeping.

i don't like these moves( selfdestruct & explosion) cause my poke faints after it sure its power is 250 but i don't wanna my pokemon to faint

The point of them, though, is to go out with a bang when you know you'll die. Not much survives an Explosion. Only Rock or Steel Types stand a chance(and Ghosts, obviously). Especially as Shiftry has decent Base Attack and Speed, meaning it'll outspeed and own whatever your opponent is trying to kill you with.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Metal Force
22nd February 2006, 3:24 PM
what u said....
first - rock tomb for blaziken not aggron + rock tomb's power = 50 & rock slide's power = 75
second - Substitute is good but i tried it befor & i don't want it ( when use it then if the foe makes a powerful move it goes but if he dosen't it lasts longer ) + i know that aggrons attack ios high but it's sp.att is low ( i have it u know )
third - i don't wanna swith + why can't i use it it's great i'll check if it's hidden power is realy electric or not ( cause in serebii it says that shiftry's hidden power is FIRE but when i used it it was FLYING )
fourth - yes i know blowing moves could help u when u are near fainting but i don't want them simply i switch or give it full restore
fifth - the rebly after u rebly to my rebly to u ....

Fluorescent Adolescent
22nd February 2006, 5:29 PM
The format, not to mention the colours, managed to successfully give me a few eye impairments.

gg :(

(Read as: "Read the kick *** format sticky")

magnemiteZ
22nd February 2006, 6:22 PM
first - rock tomb for blaziken not aggron + rock tomb's power = 50 & rock slide's power = 75
*claps*
second - Substitute is good but i tried it befor & i don't want it ( when use it then if the foe makes a powerful move it goes but if he dosen't it lasts longer ) + i know that aggrons attack ios high but it's sp.att is low ( i have it u know )
Sub-Punching is the only way to go, and if you know that Aggron's Sp Att is low, why give it Sp Attacking moves?
third - i don't wanna swith + why can't i use it it's great i'll check if it's hidden power is realy electric or not ( cause in serebii it says that shiftry's hidden power is FIRE but when i used it it was FLYING )
HP Depends on your Evs also, not just your Stats... Meaning it could be anything. Dont use HP in game, unless you actually check it and it is good

And Lugia XD, that is one of the Worst RMT's I have ever seen!
3 Fire moves on one Pokemon... LoL

aipomkong
22nd February 2006, 6:50 PM
why the hell are you ev training blaziken's defence

aggron's sdef and speed

milotic's speed

shiftry's sdef / def

at least raise something that will actually help you

i.e

Blaziken - Atk / Spdee/ Satk

Aggron - Def / HP / Atk

Milotic - HP / Def

Shiftry - Atk / Satk

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd February 2006, 12:50 AM

Touché. But the point stands that Rock Slide is stronger and more accurate.

second - Substitute is good but i tried it befor & i don't want it ( when use it then if the foe makes a powerful move it goes but if he dosen't it lasts longer )

It's not that hard to predict properly, you know. If your opponent uses Rest, you Sub. If the opponent uses Stat Up/Stat Down, you Sub. Anything that doesn't damage you is a good time for you to Sub. And then again, InGame, Pokémon double up on Attacks. If you see a Pokémon using a Normal move, switch in Aggron. If you Sub while it uses a Normal Attack next turn, the odds of your Sub being broken are extremely low. So then you destroy the Pokémon and have a Sub up to block whatever on the next switch-in. There's a reason Substitute is the best move in the game.

i know that aggrons attack ios high but it's sp.att is low ( i have it u know )

I'm going to have to agree with Fighting_Master on this. If you know it's bad at Special Attacking, then why bother? Rock Slide will do a far more to anything you come across than a Fire Blast/Thunder/whatever will.

third - i don't wanna swith

He who stands like a pillar in battle is defeated. But he who bends like a reed is triumphant(cookies to anyone who realizes where that paraphrased Quote is from =D). In plainer terms, switching is the key to victory. It's the advantage that you have over your foe, who refuses to switch under any circumstances.

why can't i use it it's great i'll check if it's hidden power is realy electric or not ( cause in serebii it says that shiftry's hidden power is FIRE but when i used it it was FLYING )

For one thing, the Serebii Calculator is a bit off. Unless your Pokémon is newborn and has no EVs, the EVs will interfere. Plus, at Level 5, the Calculator won't be able to pinpoint your Pokémon's IVs.
Second, the reason you can't is because you can't =/ It's impossible to get Hidden Powers InGame >>;; For one thing, there's 16 you can get, so it takes extensive breeding to get the proper Hidden Power. Second, if you want the right Nature, you're going to have to rebreed a lot until you align them properly(even if you don't, it's murder trying to get the proper one anyhow). And third, Hidden Power ranges in power. It can be from 30 to 70, IIRC. 70 obviously is the best, but the odds of getting a Hidden Power that good is next to nothing. Only the incredibly patient have the patience to breed for exact Hidden Powers.

fourth - yes i know blowing moves could help u when u are near fainting but i don't want them simply i switch or give it full restore

You're missing the point, though. Assuming your foe isn't Ghost, Rock, or Steel(there aren't that many to begin with), you're probably going to KO whatever it is you're battling with Explosion. Base 250 Power is nothing to laugh at, end of.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Metal Force
23rd February 2006, 10:57 AM
i swith pokemon to type advantege but i want this so if my pokemon fainted exapt milotic
....... the game was erased yesterday:( i don't know why ......:(=( all my affort of training pokemon & catching a feebas & evoloving it into milotic is gone =(=(=(=(

ZNtelle
24th February 2006, 3:01 AM
lol i cant spel n i r teh ovr abuez teh smiliezzz!!!!!!!!!!! (Read as: Quit overreacting and get a legit copy.)

By the way, here's the team format sticky (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99130). Read or die.