PDA

View Full Version : weezing

Coldcoldice
21st February 2006, 8:58 PM
i was thinking to make weezing part of my team and i was wondering is it worth it? what are YOUR movesets? mine woudl be...
pain split
will o wisp
haze
momento
however there are a few problems. first, pain split comes from breeding with misdreavus and will o wisp from shuppet. is there any way i can have both moves on the same weezing, perhaps breed and breed again?
another thing, would haze heal the opponents burn from will o wisp? becuz it said haze resets stat changes, does that include burn?

Trillian
21st February 2006, 9:40 PM
If you change shuppet for duskull, then it's possible. Duskull learns Pain Split by breeding, and learns Will-o-Wisp by levelling. And no, Haze no longer heals status effects. It did in RBY, but unfortunately it doesn't any more (I tried it in Lost Cave and my pokémon's paralysis wasn't healed). I've never trained a koffing/weezing before, so I'm not in a position to give you an opinion on the matter. However, I'd say it would make a decent addition.

Deathskully
21st February 2006, 10:11 PM
Standard Weezing set is something like:

Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Sludge Bomb / Flamethrower
Haze / Explosion

And yes, it can learn both Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split. I'm pretty sure, because a lot of people use this set on netbattle.

aipomkong
21st February 2006, 11:04 PM
Haze never cured staus alliments in rby

it changed the speed drop from paralysis back to it's normal level, but you could still get fully para'd, burn's attack drop was put back to normal, but you still got burn damage

haze resets stat changes like swords dance, agility, etc which raise... well stats

pain split misdreavus - breed to get - wow/pain split dusclops - breed to get - wow/pain split weezing

Deathskully
22nd February 2006, 10:29 AM
No, it did cure status ailments. In my pokemon yellow, some stupid golbats came and confuse rayed me, then used haze and I was no longer confused. It didn't say "XXXXX snapped out of confusion!" or anything. I'm not too sure about paralysis though.

Trillian
22nd February 2006, 11:55 AM
Haze never cured staus alliments in rby

it changed the speed drop from paralysis back to it's normal level, but you could still get fully para'd, burn's attack drop was put back to normal, but you still got burn damage

haze resets stat changes like swords dance, agility, etc which raise... well stats

pain split misdreavus - breed to get - wow/pain split dusclops - breed to get - wow/pain split weezing

You never got Hazed by Agatha's Golbat on RBY? It cured my charizard's frozen status once, as well as several paralyses and woke some sleeping pokémon.

munclax master
22nd February 2006, 12:26 PM
learn then sludge bomb

Metal Force
22nd February 2006, 2:04 PM
the best moves(for me) [i trained weezing before] :
sludge bomb (it's his type move)
shadow ball (to defeat psychic pokemons)
thunder (a powerful move for other pokemons)
will-o-wisp(to lower foes attack + to make wining easier)

Emilio
22nd February 2006, 2:17 PM
the best moves(for me) [i trained weezing before] :
sludge bomb (it's his type move)
shadow ball (to defeat psychic pokemons)
thunder a powerful move for other pokemons)
will-o-wisp(to lower foes attack + to make wining easier)
Just NO, go with Deathskullys set.

Swampert fan
22nd February 2006, 2:37 PM
Explosion
Sludge Bomb
Toxic
Flamethrover

aipomkong
22nd February 2006, 2:42 PM
toxic is pointless, as you have sludge bomb, and burning is much more efficient