PDA

View Full Version : November 21st, 2006 - Raviel, Lord of Phantasms

Tamer Zack
22nd February 2006, 1:08 AM
Guess I should point out that the 1yr anniversary of SPP COTD was 5 days ago so thank you everybody. then what better way to start this off with our playable Obelisk look alike

Raviel, Lord of Phantasms
DARK
Fiend/Effect
Level: 10
Attack Points: 4000
Defence Points: 4000

Effect:This card cannot be Normal Summoned. This card cannot be special summoned other than Tributing 3 Fiend-type monsters on your field. Whenever opponent summons a monster, special summon a "Phantasm Token" (DARK/Fiend/1/1000/1000) to your field. The tokens cannot attack. Once during your turn, you may offer a monster on your side of the field as Tribute to increase the ATK of this card by the Tributed monster's original ATK until the End Phase.

So discuss away I'll toss in my 2 cents later

Alfonso
22nd February 2006, 1:23 AM
Works well within a Pure Fiend deck, obviously. I can see it being summoned easily via Dark Necrofear. Remove three fiends from play, (Giant Germs, for example. Set one, get two from the deck when destroyed. Once sent to the graveyard you've got Necrofear fodder as well as inflicting 1500 damage to opponent.) bring them back with RftDD, and then tribute them for Raviel. If all this takes place during the same turn, you can also normal summon another monster.

On another note, I just happened to pull an Ultimate Rare Raviel the other day at my Sneak Peak.

Erus Black Mage
22nd February 2006, 1:25 AM
an easier way to summon this monster is dna sergeon + scapegoats

NEO GOHAN
22nd February 2006, 1:27 AM
pretty evil, if used propperly (or is it impropperly?). 4/5000 ATK powerhouse with up to four little minions to do his bidding... but then, his tokens, if summoned in attack position, leave the user's life points SLIGHTLY open, but then, only a newb (not n00b) to the game would do that, as he could switch them to attack during his own turn if he wanted to all out attack.
rather powerful, but at least he isn't common. (got five packs at pre-release, zero useful cards) I just hope these things are limitted.

Shadow the Hedgehog
22nd February 2006, 3:52 PM
Works well within a Pure Fiend deck, obviously. I can see it being summoned easily via Dark Necrofear. Remove three fiends from play, (Giant Germs, for example. Set one, get two from the deck when destroyed. Once sent to the graveyard you've got Necrofear fodder as well as inflicting 1500 damage to opponent.) bring them back with RftDD, and then tribute them for Raviel. If all this takes place during the same turn, you can also normal summon another monster.

On another note, I just happened to pull an Ultimate Rare Raviel the other day at my Sneak Peak.

Oddly enough I was planning a deck that is based around that strategy.

You got a Ultimate Rare Raviel?!? T_T

Jupetta
23rd February 2006, 7:55 AM
Alfonso's lucky... anyways I plan on building a deck on it as soon as I'm able to get one. The Fiends are pretty nice little monsters.
~;354;

Eon Chao
23rd February 2006, 1:55 PM
Yeah I can't remember exactly what he said he got but he got some awesome cards...i due to coursework...couldn't make a sneak peak >_<

As for the card itself...I plan on running one in my fiend deck and he's easily the most playable of the 3 god emperors/sacred beasts/legendary demons.

Alfonso
23rd February 2006, 2:12 PM
Yeah I can't remember exactly what he said he got but he got some awesome cards...i due to coursework...couldn't make a sneak peak >_<

Ultimate Raviel, Ultra Uria, (Traded for Ultra Hamon.) Super Rare Demise, (Which I just traded for a Secret Rare Blue Eyes Toon Dragon.) Super Rare Barrier Dragon and Rare Treeborn Frog.

Remember, I managed to actually buy some SOI packets. Only Cyber was out of my original five packets.

Not always the best thing though... I discovered one of my 'friends' isn't actually my friend when he rejected me because I wouldn't trade him Raviel. :/