PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Scenes In The Movies

Anyone 4 Buttons?
22nd February 2006, 4:51 PM
I was just wondering (as I couldn't find the answer anywhere else!) if anybody could tell me of the deleted scenes between the different language versions of the films?
For example, I have heard that in the Japanese version of Pokémon 2000 when the 'gang' are on Lawrence III's ship and trying to free the captured birds, Togepi is seen to waggle its fingers and uses Metronome. This is a contrast to Pikachu and Charizard's teamwork in the English version.;175;
It would be great to know if there were any other changes please. Although I live in the UK I have all the films (1-7) and any differences would be appreciated please.

MagicBox
22nd February 2006, 5:01 PM
Go to Dogasu's comparison website. It's got comparisons for almost every episode of the series and comparisons for every movie.

http://www.bulbagarden.net/~dogasu/comparisons/movies_specials/movies_list.html

Geki
23rd February 2006, 3:52 AM
Thanks for that link MagicBox.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd February 2006, 5:01 AM
The thing with Togepi didn't happen, but there was a scene where Tracey realizes that there's going to be an explosion.

Heracross
23rd February 2006, 5:17 AM
That's the same scene. As Kenji points his fingers back and forth, you can see Togepi moving its arms around.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
23rd February 2006, 1:20 PM
Thanks for the link - it's a great site. Obviously nothing too major happened but it's great to know!

Chris
23rd February 2006, 1:25 PM
There's also another thing I'd like to point out. Movie trailers and the actual movie content. The Japanese trailers tend to serve as hyping entertainment. A good chunk of the movie trailers from Japan for Pokémon tend to involve things that never happen in the movie.

One thing the animators seem to really love doing is having Pikachu beaten up pretty badly. We saw Satoshi cradling his Pikachu while Mewtwo stood in front of them with a firey background behind him, for the first movie. I recall the group rushing to the top of a stairway that gave way and broke apart during the third movie trailer. And in the Lucario movie, Pikachu falls right off a cliff with Satoshi yelling for it as he tries to reach for it but misses.

Generally a lot happens in the trailers that never happen in the movies.