PDA

View Full Version : Wi-fi,Mcdonalds?

Mikau
23rd February 2006, 12:56 AM
I heard that the wi-fi is coming to Mcdonalds. Does that mean I could just get my connection set-up there then play there when ever I want? Or do I have to get my connection set-up at my house then go there.

killerkyogre14
23rd February 2006, 12:57 AM
yup u heard right

but its already there so if u want to play wi-fi go there unless u have a wireless internet router.

hi 5
23rd February 2006, 1:45 AM
Does anyone know which McDonalds This will apply to?

Judai Yuki
23rd February 2006, 2:18 AM
Master Chief:It started at Mc'donalds you know?
hi 5:Check www.nintendo.com/wi-fi

DarkGengar
23rd February 2006, 2:21 PM
Well sometimes if you stay there too long they kick you out because you takeing up a table with out eating anything.

vaerna
23rd February 2006, 2:43 PM
I buy a meal and a big drink and play. Nobody says anything. Some churches are Wi-Fi too. You can find out which Mickey D's has Wi-Fi by using the hot spot map finder.

hi 5
23rd February 2006, 3:44 PM
Thanks Judia Yuki and vaerna

Judai Yuki
23rd February 2006, 5:08 PM
It's Judai but i know what he meant.They never kicked me out but i go on Saturday's when they are really busy.

Mikau
23rd February 2006, 8:26 PM
Thanks for the map finder Judai Yuki. I appreciate all of the help you guys gave me.

De0XYS
8th March 2006, 6:51 AM
you have to pay for a wi-fi connection!?

PUrEHearT
8th March 2006, 10:41 PM
^ No, its free. It's just the the McDonald's people will kick you out if you are just sitting their not buying their products.

Kal-El
8th March 2006, 11:26 PM
Are you sure this is DS? Because over here, there's a wireless internet connection but it definitely ain't free.

Also, if THAT'S free, you probably could just sit outside Maccas where they won't see ya. :p

PUrEHearT
8th March 2006, 11:30 PM
Yes it is free..... I tried it.... it works with no money. It also works for the PSP, laptop (i think) and other stuff I believe.

Paradox
8th March 2006, 11:50 PM
Yes it is free..... I tried it.... it works with no money. It also works for the PSP, laptop (i think) and other stuff I believe.
Are you sure? I thought it was only a Nintendo connection, they wouldn't make such a big deal out of it otherwise

PUrEHearT
9th March 2006, 2:03 AM
Are you sure? I thought it was only a Nintendo connection, they wouldn't make such a big deal out of it otherwise

My bro used his PSP. Well, I think it was at McDonalds. Try for yourself seeing how I dont want to go to McD right now.

Kal-El
9th March 2006, 9:12 AM
Oh yeah, it a wireless network is only Playstation Portable and not laptop compatible.[/sarcasm]

Seriously, use common sense.

I'd have to look into it but I don't think wireless is free at Maccas nor is there a DS router.

Chris
9th March 2006, 1:50 PM
It's free at McDonalds. >_> You don't need to set up anything. You just go there and go online. The site linked earlier gives you a list of which locations are available with Wi-Fi connectivity.

Strike!
9th March 2006, 7:13 PM
Also, if THAT'S free, you probably could just sit outside Maccas where they won't see ya. :p

Don't do it! I was parked at a Mcdonalds for a few hours (didn't have a router yet) and they called the Police! Unbelievable but true.

Kal-El
9th March 2006, 10:11 PM
Hm... I don't believe it's free here. Both my brother and my friend (who works there) said it wasn't. >>

Paradox
9th March 2006, 10:24 PM
My bro used his PSP. Well, I think it was at McDonalds. Try for yourself seeing how I dont want to go to McD right now.
I tired it but it didn't work, it might just have been a connection from another building

zonic the hedgehog
9th March 2006, 10:28 PM
IT IS free. I've done it a billion times with my PSP and DS, and they've never told me to get out for loitering. Then again, maybe it's free, but you have to buy a meal first. ;\

Laptops have had Wi-Fi for awhile. The reason Nintendo is making a big deal of it is because they've never had any of their systems mostly function online, like the DS has.

De0XYS
10th March 2006, 10:05 AM
thanks for helping everyone!=)

Paradox
10th March 2006, 6:36 PM
Laptops have had Wi-Fi for awhile. The reason Nintendo is making a big deal of it is because they've never had any of their systems mostly function online, like the DS has.
You don't have to state the obvious, Im just saying that it's being advertised as a Nintendo WiFi connection rather than a WiFi connection. For McDonald's it would be better if they just advertised it as a WiFi connection

megakevinexe
11th March 2006, 5:50 AM
Since my network has problems, I might have to get the USB connector once my Windows XP is fixed. But for now, I go to Mcdonalds to use the wifi. I buy a meal first, then I start playing! You do not have to pay to use the service, and you don't have to set up anything. You just connect, and you play! I think that until my problems are solved, I'll be using the wifi at mcdonalds. :)