PDA

View Full Version : Rayquaza's moveset

Haunt of the Vile
23rd February 2006, 5:19 PM
I'm about to catch Rayquaza in my Emerald soon, and I started to think about what would be the best possible moveset to Rayquaza. Allmost anything can do, but I've always liked that my Rayquazas have elemental attacks (such as fire, water etc.) and I don't care too much about that 3 or more of the moves are something that lower/raises stats :P. I don't preffer them, but I thought that one or two could be nice :)

I've listed here my other Rayquazas moves (from my Sapphire; I have Ruby, too, but I haven't yet catched Ray in there...)

"Quazar"
Fly
Crunch
Overheat
Dragon claw
(crunch is my favorite move O_o)

"Osiris"
Fly
Surf
Flamethrower
Thunder

Gosh, I know that Osiris's moveset is somewhat crappy...

Any suggestions will be happily accepted :)

~;004;

Oh, and P.S, I would love to have suggests for Kyogre's and Groudon's movesets, too ;)

aipomkong
23rd February 2006, 6:00 PM
Rayquaza

Dragon Dance
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Groudon

Fire Blast
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Kyogre

Calm Mind
Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam

ZNtelle
24th February 2006, 1:53 AM
They all like Leftovers.

Mudkip of DVN
24th February 2006, 1:57 AM
But then again, who doesn't like leftovers. LOL...

Yes, go w/0mastar.

ZNtelle
24th February 2006, 2:03 AM
But then again, who doesn't like leftovers. LOL...
That was so funny. Even those newbs using 10% boost items are laughing. (Read as: A lot of people don't.)

Freakshow
24th February 2006, 5:23 AM
Who doesn't like Lefties:
@ Dugtrio
@ Deoxys-F
@ Sharpedo

Haunt of the Vile
24th February 2006, 5:50 AM
Rayquaza

Dragon Dance
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Groudon

Fire Blast
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Kyogre

Calm Mind
Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam
O_o I think that this is quite decent. It will do, but I want to change Groudon's Fire Blast to Flamethrower; I think it's more usefull than Fire Blast. (More PP, doesn't miss as often as Fire Blast, does nicely damage |=D)

FTW? Why are you talkin' about leftovers xD?

Deathskully
24th February 2006, 9:26 AM
Nope, you need Fire Blast^^

Groudon's special attack is so crappy, Groudon need's a base 120 power fire move if Groudon want's to do damage, otherwise you'll do miniscule damage that's only viewable by a microscope.

Haunt of the Vile
24th February 2006, 1:17 PM
Nope, you need Fire Blast^^

Groudon's special attack is so crappy, Groudon need's a base 120 power fire move if Groudon want's to do damage, otherwise you'll do miniscule damage that's only viewable by a microscope.

Puhu suomea xDD.
Flamethrower on paljon parempi mun mielestäni >xD. Koita elää sen kanssa xD. Mä annan Groudonille vaikka Charcoalin.

DragonDance
24th February 2006, 1:20 PM
Speak in English plz ._.

aipomkong
24th February 2006, 5:05 PM
k tried to tanslate that text to english

Flamethrower is considerably preferable mun mielestäni xD. Trial exist its too xD. Mä annan Groudon although Charcoal

guessing he means

Flamethrower is a better choice imo, as it has better accuracy. Use Charcoal though

lol charcoal how gay

Haunt of the Vile
24th February 2006, 5:33 PM
k tried to tanslate that text to english

Flamethrower is considerably preferable mun mielestäni xD. Trial exist its too xD. Mä annan Groudon although Charcoal

guessing he means

Flamethrower is a better choice imo, as it has better accuracy. Use Charcoal though

lol charcoal how gay
Go to hell, I'm girl.

I said that "Speak Finnish xDD. Flamethrower is lot of better imo >xD. Try to live with it xD. Mabye I just give Charcoal to Groudon."

0mastar, you said that you tried to translate it to Finnish ( lol to your attempt), can you speak/write Finnish, or where did you get the words?
(A LIL BIT OFF-TOPIC, BUT SO WHAT.)

Don't say that Charcoal is gay.

aipomkong
24th February 2006, 6:21 PM
i used some random translator and the internet sucks so yeah

charcoal is actually gay and a **** item

Haunt of the Vile
24th February 2006, 8:00 PM
i used some random translator and the internet sucks so yeah

charcoal is actually gay and a **** item
Random translators are evul ;__;.

EXPLAIN.

Freakshow
24th February 2006, 10:40 PM
Random translators are evul ;__;.

EXPLAIN.

10% boost sucks. You ain't going to fire up much with Groudon anyway. So even the 5 PPs aren't at an issue here
Watch(or read) and learn:
95*1.1= 104.5
Fire Blast= 120
Both get the sun boost, so multiply them by 1.5
Overheat gets a mention too

DragonDance
24th February 2006, 10:42 PM
hell hax items >>>>>>>>> 10% items

Freakshow
24th February 2006, 10:50 PM
and Lefties (or the occasional CB) >>>>>>>>>>> Hax items

Haunt of the Vile
25th February 2006, 7:03 AM
Gosh, tell me what held items are usefull if you just mock all those I'm suggesting xD.

Hay, I just thinked... Once I was training my Osiris (It's traded from other game), when it leveled up, the base Attack raised 12 stages. Could it be those EVs that everybody is talking about? And, no, it didn't have PokéRus anymore; it has had it quite while ago, though >>;

EDIT:: I just caught Rayquaza in Emerald. Is Calm nature good for Rayquaza? (+ Sp.Def // - Atk)
I thought this nature is suitable 'cause it's others stats are
HP 248
ATK 197
DEF 135
SP.ATK 217
SP.DEF 152
SPD 148
Because it's sp.atk is that high so I thought it's nature won't affect so much...

Eszett
25th February 2006, 9:03 AM
Rayquaza on voittamaton.

*ahem* Rayquaza doesn't do too well with Calm since Ice Beam will annihilate it anyway. You're better off making it Adamant/Modest/Jolly/Timid and using 0mastar's moveset. :/

Minä puhu ei suomea.

PokePaladin
25th February 2006, 11:45 AM
Use:

Rayquaza@ Leftovers- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power Flying
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

OR

Rayquaza@ Leftovers
- Fire Blast / Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast / Dragon Claw

Yes, they are Smogon's sets...

( Muista: Kaikki toimii konetta vastaan ;D )

Haunt of the Vile
25th February 2006, 1:47 PM
Kuinka monta suomalaista täälä oikein on xDD?!

Damned, now I can't decide what moveset I will teach to Rayquaza because it's now too late to change its nature, because I've saved the game @_@...

Rayquaza on siisti, mä en jaksanu ettiä shinyä, sillä se olis ollu siistimpi @_@ kirottua. Mutta Groudon on siitä huolimatta paras.
Get over it.

Rayquaza on voittamaton.

*ahem* Rayquaza doesn't do too well with Calm since Ice Beam will annihilate it anyway. You're better off making it Adamant/Modest/Jolly/Timid and using 0mastar's moveset. :/

Minä puhu ei suomea.
Are you from Germany?

Mudkip of DVN
25th February 2006, 4:01 PM
ITEMS EVER WORTH USING:

Leftovers
Choice Band
Salac Berry
Liechi Berry
Lum Berry (Thanks, AirLock200, I forgot)

Hax items are useful ingame (I suppose...), but don't use them competitively, or people will hate you and call you a noob.

*And that language doesn't look German, but I could be wrong...

Freakshow
25th February 2006, 4:11 PM
Another stuff:
Lum Berry

And GEye Mudkip, I still remember how you wanted BrightPowder on your NB pokemon

Haunt of the Vile
25th February 2006, 5:05 PM
ITEMS EVER WORTH USING:

Leftovers
Choice Band
Salac Berry
Liechi Berry

Hax items are useful ingame (I suppose...), but don't use them competitively, or people will hate you and call you a noob.

*And that language doesn't look German, but I could be wrong...
Gosh, I don't know WTF is Choise Band and I don't have an opportunity to have those Berries!

What are Hax items? I've never heard of them.

I allready start to sound like a n00b ._.

AHEM!
When Eszett said that
"Rayquaza on voittamaton."
and
"Minä puhu ei suomea." (<-- TYPO)
He/She spoke/wrote FINNISH, though, in his/her sig there was a word that was German, if I don't remember wrong.
What Eszett said?
"Rayquaza is unbeatable"
and
"I speak no Finnish." (<-- TYPO)
it would be correct if she'd/he'd wrote it like this "Minä en puhu suomea" translated "I don't speak Finnish"

Wh00~ Language lessons xDDDD

Freakshow
25th February 2006, 5:09 PM
OMG! you don't know?
Hax Items:
Focus Band
Quick Claw
BrightPowder
Lax Incense

They rely on luck to work

Choice Band: A headband that boosts attack by 1.5x but forces you to use the same move until you switch

No more language lessons plz. They burn

Mudkip of DVN
25th February 2006, 5:13 PM
Another stuff:
Lum Berry

And GEye Mudkip, I still remember how you wanted BrightPowder on your NB pokemon

On my team now, the only Hax item I use is Quick Claw on my Curse-pert. Everything else has Leftovers

Haunt of the Vile
25th February 2006, 5:18 PM
OMG! you don't know?
Hax Items:
Focus Band
Quick Claw
BrightPowder
Lax Incense

They rely on luck to work

Choice Band: A headband that boosts attack by 1.5x but forces you to use the same move until you switch

No more language lessons plz. They burn
Is King's Rock includet to them?

Where I can get Choise Band ;__;?

Gosh, no more language lessons to you!

Good Eye, Mudkip!, if in your team 5 of 6 Pokémons has Leftovers, I got curious to know, where in the hell did you get 5 Leftovers >:0?

Freakshow
25th February 2006, 5:42 PM
Kings Rock is included
I forgot

Choice Band:
Emerald Battle Frontier Shop, Battle Tower prizes in R/S, XD Mt. Battle Prize Exchange, And maybe colosseum

As of GEye Mudkip, I guess that's his netbattle team. If not, then he has traded or bought a lot of Leftovers

Mudkip of DVN
25th February 2006, 5:46 PM
Yes, King's Rock is a Hax item, and the sorriest one of them all. The Nintendo Experts actually reccomend you give Quick Claw to a Curser, Bright Powder can save you once in a blue moon, Scope Lens you can use for Sp. Sweepers in place of Choice Band (lefties/lum berry probably would be better), Focus Band could help Reversalers (Endure + Salac > Focus Band, though) or Pokemon with horrible Defenses, but King's Rock has practically no use other than to get Slowking or Politoed.

DragonDance
25th February 2006, 5:49 PM
while 10% items just plain suck ***

Mudkip of DVN
25th February 2006, 5:51 PM
They're intended for Ingame use until you can get the better items.

And before you say berries, let me remind you that berries last ONCE ingame

Cool TC, btw

Haunt of the Vile
25th February 2006, 7:40 PM
You guys are so genius that it takes me eternity to understand all this @_@...

What does GE, Mudkip! mean with "blue moon" -thing?

Eszett
26th February 2006, 7:26 AM
To add to the discussion, I would like to note you won't lose your berries in the Battle Frontier/Battle Tower or if you use them in link battles with other people. But yeah, CB Rayquaza sounds good; Extremespeed could work especiall nicely with that.

Off-topic:

Lemme clear this debacle up...

I am an American (Minä tulen Yhdysvallalta.) who has a strong understanding of German (ja, ich verstehe deutsch) and wants eagerly to learn Finnish (Suomen kieli). As you noticed earlier, I indeed do not speak Finnish but somehow with my, say, three-word vocabulary I was able to transmit a (broken) thought in the language.

Suomi on vehkeily.

Anyways, I'm sure you're all flattered with my ability to look up words in a Finnish-English dictionary, but I'll digress for now.

Haunt of the Vile
26th February 2006, 9:12 AM
To add to the discussion, I would like to note you won't lose your berries in the Battle Frontier/Battle Tower or if you use them in link battles with other people. But yeah, CB Rayquaza sounds good; Extremespeed could work especiall nicely with that.

Off-topic:

Lemme clear this debacle up...

I am an American (Minä tulen Yhdysvallalta.) who has a strong understanding of German (ja, ich verstehe deutsch) and wants eagerly to learn Finnish (Suomen kieli). As you noticed earlier, I indeed do not speak Finnish but somehow with my, say, three-word vocabulary I was able to transmit a (broken) thought in the language.

Suomi on vehkeily.

Anyways, I'm sure you're all flattered with my ability to look up words in a Finnish-English dictionary, but I'll digress for now.
I don't have NO IDEA where I can get those berries but I have that feeling that you can only get them by E-Card reader or it has something to do with Colosseum... Or both.

Oh my, ... It's always so flattering to hear that someone is eagerd to learn Finnish , because our language is the third difficouldest (Eh?) to learn (of all languages in the world). Really. And our country is just so pathetic when we talk about the size, but if you ask me, we have interesting cuture xP.
Eszett, I can give you somekind of teaching about Finnish if you want xD but by PM. So this thread isn't devastaded compleatly because of these language lessons xDD

Suomi on vehkeily... LOL.

In-topic,
I earlier asked you a question but you didn't notice it.
I once was training my Osiris (Note, my Quazar is lv.100 and Osiris lv.88), and when it leveled up, its Attack rose 12 stages. Could it be those EVs that everyone is talking about? When it grew to lv.87, its Attack rose 10 stages. It has had PokéRus a while ago, though, but it's not anymore PokéRus's fault :P.

Eszett
26th February 2006, 9:25 AM
Salac Berry can be had by Colosseum, either through purchase using Pokecoupons or attached to the Jirachi from the Bonus Disc (I'm not sure if you got those in Finland, though).

And about that other question...it could be due to the Pokerus. Methinks you were battling several Pokemon that gave out Attack EVs. So, if you were fighting a bunch of Poochyena/Shuppet/etc. I could see why your Osiris would be gaining such exorbitant gains in terms of its Attack stat.

Speaking about Finland, I just found out about the Kalevala and now am looking for a good translation so I can read it. :]

Haunt of the Vile
26th February 2006, 11:56 AM
Salac Berry can be had by Colosseum, either through purchase using Pokecoupons or attached to the Jirachi from the Bonus Disc (I'm not sure if you got those in Finland, though).

And about that other question...it could be due to the Pokerus. Methinks you were battling several Pokemon that gave out Attack EVs. So, if you were fighting a bunch of Poochyena/Shuppet/etc. I could see why your Osiris would be gaining such exorbitant gains in terms of its Attack stat.

Speaking about Finland, I just found out about the Kalevala and now am looking for a good translation so I can read it. :]
Gosh, I don't have even the slighest clue where you could find the English version of Kalevala o_0...

I wasn't batteling Poochyenas or Shuppets, I was in my friends Secret Base beating her team up. (if I remember right, she had Breloon, Magcargo, Swampert, Rayquaza aaaannnnddd... er, I don't remember :D;;; )

I have new problem. My Flygon has a crappy moveset.
His nature is Hasty and current moves are
Crunch
Srceech (or what ever)
Dragonbreath
Sand Tomb.
What would be the best suitable moves to my Flygon?

Eszett
26th February 2006, 12:44 PM
Offtopic - I found a link to one at the English Wikipedia and another is sold at Amazon. I'm probably going to go with the free one unless the other version is substantially better (Amazon gives the first few pages of it).

Of those, Breloom, Swampert, and Rayquaza give out Attack EVs. Swampert hands out three, Breloom and Rayquaza two (Rayquaza also gives out a Special Attack EV). That, Pokerus, and Rayquaza's high Attack stat should explain the huge gains in Attack your Rayquaza had.

And as for your Flygon..
Flygon@Choice Band
Hasty I guess could work ingame, though I'd probably go with Naive because Flygon will faint to an Ice Beam even without lowering the Special Defense.
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Quick Attack
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Flamethrower

STRICTLY INGAME THOUGH! This will get you rofled off of Netbattle.

Haunt of the Vile
26th February 2006, 1:12 PM
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
What does that mean?

DragonDance
26th February 2006, 2:11 PM
lol, does EV's ring a bell.

Eszett
26th February 2006, 2:11 PM
Oh, that's the EV spread. It means you put 252 EVs into Speed, 252 into Special Attack, and 6 into HP. Not too critical for ingame but it becomes exceedingly important in competitive play. It's nice to have ingame though if you really want it since it accentuates the strongest stats of your Pokemon.

DragonDance
26th February 2006, 2:13 PM
They're intended for Ingame use until you can get the better items.

And before you say berries, let me remind you that berries last ONCE ingame

Cool TC, btw
not in link battles/battle frontier.

Eontios
26th February 2006, 2:31 PM
These are two rayquaza that I use:

Rayquaza, Adamant
Fly
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Dragon Dance

or

Rayquaza, Modeset
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Crunch
Dragon Claw

One's a special sweeper, the other is a physical sweeper.

Haunt of the Vile
26th February 2006, 2:56 PM
Honestly, I've never tried out EV training. I don't even know what the hell it means. What I know, it this:Emerald EV training (http://www.psypokes.com/dex/evtraining.php?id=emerald)

Mudkip of DVN
27th February 2006, 4:16 PM
not in link battles/battle frontier.

Yes, I know that. I don't consider BF general ingame considering the different Pokemon, rules, etc. What I meant is save the berries (good ones) until you can get to BF.

But I guess good point, so...

Oh, and Eontios, don't use Fly. Aerial Ace always > Fly. Iron Tail is iffy as well. Physical Rayquaza needs at least Extremespeed.

Haunt of the Vile
28th February 2006, 9:48 AM
Rayquaza (Adamant/Jolly Nature) @Leftovers
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
-Aerial Ace
-Dragon Dance
-EQ
-Rock Slide/Thunder Wave/Extreme Speed

I'm just pointin' out that Thunder Wave and Rock Slide are other good options. ^_^;
Thanks, but you're too late. I've already taught 0mastar's moveset (see 2nd post). And my Rayquaza still has Calm nature.

But if ANYONE could teach me about EVs?!

Eszett
28th February 2006, 10:17 AM
So here's how it works: You have 510 EVs total. After that you can't give your Pokemon any more EVs. Now each stat can take up to 255 EVs, and since four EVs equals one stat point at level 100, the EVs can increase any one stat by up to 63 points since 4 x 63 = 252 (those other three do not increase the stat any further). Because you only get a stat point when you have 4 EVs and no less than 4 EVs, it is in your best interest to make sure that the EV total in any one stat is divisible by four. However, you get 510 EVs, which will leave two over no matter what, so effectively you have 508 EVs.

This may seem confusing to you, but that's why I'm fetching an example: Say you have a Quirky Sandslash with a 31 IV in Attack. At level 100 without any Attack EVs, it would have an Attack of 236. Now, while training it, if you were to add, say, 120 EVs to the stat, you would boost its attack by 30 points at level 100 (120 / 4 = 30), causing its stat to now be 266. If you gave it anywhere from 121 to 123 EVs, its Attack would still be 266 since you need four EVs to get another point. But if you go to 124 EVs, you'd gain a point and have 267 EVs.

Sandslash does best as a physical sweeper, so it would be a good measure to give it 252 EVs in the stat. However, it should get NO MORE THAN 252 EVs since that would effective waste those EVs. Regardless of how many more EVs you give it, the Sandslash will still have a solid attack of 299 when it has 252-255 EVs. By distributing the EVs, you can achieve the most auspicious stat results for your Pokemon for whatever role you want it to assume.

So, in summation:

- 510 EVs total per Pokemon
- 255 EVs per stat, but you only effectively can use 252 EVs since the three extra EVs don't help the stat at all
- put stats in the areas in which you want your Pokemon to excel and don't bother with the other stats

There's more to this but I don't quite understand the rest and I still have homework to do. :<

aipomkong
28th February 2006, 4:39 PM
Just re-enforcing the point that 255 evs in one stat is pointless, as you are wasting evs

Mudkip of DVN
1st March 2006, 1:05 PM
In most cases, but not always. *coughBlisseycough*

Haunt of the Vile
1st March 2006, 2:56 PM
Ah, yes, thank you :)

aipomkong
1st March 2006, 3:12 PM
In most cases, but not always. *coughBlisseycough*

no, in all cases

252 evs = 63 point raise in that stat
255 evs = 63 point raies in that stat

yay lets waste 3 evs

do that on two stats and you waste 6 evs which could give another point to one pokemon

while it is a minute difference, those 6 evs could make the difference between being ohko'd or being 2hko'd

BobDoily
1st March 2006, 5:40 PM
On the raquaza wouldn't Overheat > Fire Blast?

aipomkong
1st March 2006, 5:44 PM
No.

Overheat just means that you won't be able to use it again with good effect until you switch out, if you need to use it again

at least Fire Blast is consistant in it's power whilst using it a few times before switching out

Mudkip of DVN
2nd March 2006, 1:12 AM
no, in all cases

252 evs = 63 point raise in that stat
255 evs = 63 point raies in that stat

yay lets waste 3 evs

do that on two stats and you waste 6 evs which could give another point to one pokemon

while it is a minute difference, those 6 evs could make the difference between being ohko'd or being 2hko'd

Sorry, thought you said 252, not 255... sorry... well, yes, in that case

Anyway... Overheat is intended for more physical sets. In BF and such places, you normally give your Overheater a White Herb. Fire Blast is more consistant and has a burn chance, but is also less accurate. It all depends on the set and situation.

Haunt of the Vile
2nd March 2006, 7:43 AM
Sorry, thought you said 252, not 255... sorry... well, yes, in that case

Anyway... Overheat is intended for more physical sets. In BF and such places, you normally give your Overheater a White Herb. Fire Blast is more consistant and has a burn chance, but is also less accurate. It all depends on the set and situation.
Sure thing that Overheat is a good move, and that White herb is really good if you use Overheat (at least I think so :)) but is there only one White herb in the game or do I remember wrong? Could they be at sale in Fallabor city's herb shop, eh?

I tried yester day this EV- thing. I trained my Flygon by smacking down a bunch of Spindas to raise Sp.Atk and sure, it DID rose more. It rose by 6 stages.

Mudkip of DVN
2nd March 2006, 12:11 PM
You get one for free at the Pretty Petal Shop (girl outside)

In RuSa, it may be a Battle Tower prize.

In Emerald, you can buy it at the Exchange Shop.

aipomkong
2nd March 2006, 4:23 PM
Btw it would be bettr to ev train Flygon in Atk as it's special attack is low compared to it's attack even when SAtk ev trained

Tazzler
2nd March 2006, 8:44 PM
White herb is not worth the lefties recovery, choice band power, or even the berries healing/boosting.

Haunt of the Vile
5th March 2006, 7:43 AM
Hay, but anyways, I thought training my Flygon's Sp.Atk just because it's Attack is something around 127 and it's Sp.Atk is just 89. So...
But I got an very usefull link, Smogon.com (http://www.smogon.com/advance), which is... rather good. I will be using it for now on.