PDA

View Full Version : King & Queen For A Day! (442)

Serebii
23rd February 2006, 7:56 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/442.jpgKing Bonsly & Queen Manene

After a battle with Team Rocket, Pikachu, Meowth, Bonsly & Manene are seperated from their respective trainers. Lost in a town, the four Pokémon decide to team up to find their trainers...however three strange men have their eyes set on Bonsly & Manene. Will the Pokémon get back to their trainers?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/442.shtml)

Discuss

skarmachild
23rd February 2006, 8:09 PM
Subtitles for Pokémon ala Island of the Giant Pokemon? Hope so, doubt it though. Seems interesting, though a whole episode of Bonsly's wailings hould be reason enough for bannage.

In answer to the awfully hard "Will the Pokémon get back to their original trainers". I have a hunch - I think so!

MagicBox
23rd February 2006, 8:16 PM
Subtitles for Pokémon ala Island of the Giant Pokemon? Hope so, doubt it though.I'd like another subtitles episode, but the the producers have kinda done away with that concept. If they were still interested in it, we would've gotten subtitles for Turning Over a Nuzleaf. Plus, 4KIDS has pretty much done away with any trace of text in any of their dubs, so we won't get a subtitled episode in dub form.

I know nothing about the episode, but here's hoping Bonsly keeps that scarf. It makes it look cool.

Lupin
23rd February 2006, 9:39 PM
I'd like another subtiled episode as well, but I'm not placing any bets.

ghost master
23rd February 2006, 9:54 PM
shouldnt we save the speculation for the speculation thread. This thread is talk about it if we have news about it or have seen it.

Poké_Master
24th February 2006, 1:04 AM
I can't wait for the pictures. And I hope that Bonsly and Manene keep their scarves.

.Bambi.
24th February 2006, 2:42 AM
Well, seen pictures and I don't know what to think of this episode.

Of course, it started out with Team Rocket trying to scam Ash and Co. [in what looked like a massage tent? O.o] and after they revealed themselves a battle ensued...with Dustox and Manene! I'm pretty sure Manene pulled a Cacnea too =O

Long story short, Gonbe Metronomes up a Sandstorm and *gasp* the Humans and Pokemon get split up again? Nooooo!
Oh, I just though I'd get this out of the way: THERE ARE NO SUBTITLES WHEN THE POKEMON INTERACT. There.

Then some suited guys in a pimped out limo [with an Electrike hood ornament even] want to steal Manene and Bonsly and naturally all the Pokemon [whoops, that consists of Pikachu, Meowth, and the gruesome twosome] are WTFing. However, later we find out that there is a Manene and Bonsly pair that star in a movie or some crap like that and the pedo directors want to recreate it. Yeah.

Manene and Bonsly don scarves as the producers don...Pokemon costumes [gee Manene looks weird with a mustache >.>] to show them what to do. Team Rocket interrupts, blah, blah, blah, and WHAT? Manene and Bonsly actually BATTLE? Manene indeed does use some sort of Psychic attack as well.

And in the end Manene gets everyone to dance with it, TR is blasted off [with Manene still wearing the yellow scarf, mind you] and the episode ends rather awkwardly and abruptly.

Need to see this is action, demmit!

CyberCubed
24th February 2006, 2:45 AM
Or rather in english. This sounds like the type of episode that you'd only be able to enjoy if its in a language you can understand.

Otherwise it's hard to appreciate.

Poké_Master
24th February 2006, 2:55 AM
Well, seen pictures and I don't know what to think of this episode.
Where'd you see them? Serebii and Sableye don't have them yet.

Torchic23
24th February 2006, 2:59 AM
urg, this sounds like a boring episode. I dunno why, but it just doesn't sound good too me

Poké_Master
24th February 2006, 3:01 AM
I agree with you. Another stupid filler where everyone gets seperated from some of their Pokémon... They've done this way too many times. Of course, I may change my mind once I see the episode... :)

The Big Al
24th February 2006, 3:11 AM
Oy vey, this sounds like an awful episode. What were they smoking when they came up with this one?

MagicBox
24th February 2006, 3:12 AM
Who cares if it's a crappy filler? Bonsly & Manene actually battle! As in, doing something! Besides sitting there! This episode is worth a viewing just for that alone.

Wait, do they battle against each other or team up to defeat a common enemy?

jolteonjak
24th February 2006, 3:15 AM
Is there any indication that Ash held onto Heracross? :D

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
24th February 2006, 3:16 AM
Well judging by the pics, it seems just as wierd as the trailer did. Except this time it makes more sense. I liked the animation for this episode since it really made it stand out. The begining gave some glimpses of last weeks awsome episode.

The episode was rather jumping everywhere from where I see it. The ending was pretty wierd. I guess this was supposed to be a fun episode after all the serious stuff that's been going on. I'll be still watching this episode too.

Btw, when everyone was dancing could it have been because Manene used Teeter Dance or something?

ghost master
24th February 2006, 3:18 AM
hmm this episode had its moments. It had its funny scenes. Although people who dislike Bonsly probally wont be that happy with it in this episode. I have to agree with KC though it ended oddly. One thing that was funny and wanted to scratch my eyes out at the same time was an old man in a manene suit. What I got from it there were bonsly and manene stars on some sort of show/movie and they were lost(or ran away). The three directors spotted Meowth, Pikachu, Bonsly, and Manene. They tried to catch them. Ash and co. find the star bonsly and manene. The lost crew had found a safe resting spot and had given bonsly juice to calm down. Then they ended up in the movie set and bonsly and manene subs(two guys in bonsly and manene suits) were taking the place of the real manene and bonsly. The crew soon noticed manene and bonsly and dressd them up with their scarves. TR came quickly after I'm guessing trying to pass of as their acting agents. Some reason pikachu stayed with TR and acting fine. Although soon after during lunch Jessie and Meowth are discussing about it. J&J took care of Bonsly well and james fed it with its bottle. Anyway eventually everything unravels for TTR and go back to usual. Brock teels Bonsly to tackle Jessie and it hits her pretty hard. Manene without being ordered quickly comes to Jessie's defence and tackles Bonsly back. I think Bonsly used uproar since there were tears around Bonsly and its mouth was open and Manene was wincing in pain and holding its hand around its head. Manene retaliates with a psychic attack. I'm not sure if it was psychic it looked a little different and everyone started dancing. I was under the impression that Manene was forcing them due to facial expressions of TR, ash and co, and the work crew. Well then again the anime makes psychic to be a little more powerful and have other affects so it could be psychic. Soon after pikachu blasts off TR. While blasting off Manene clings onto James with its yellow scarf snug around its neck. Episode ends.

Sceptile did appear for its double leaf blade. No suggestion towards heracross staying but, sceptile and pikachu were the only one of Ash's pokemon in the episode. It also showed a flashback of the previous episode and I believe Ash was still on the ship at the beggining so I dont know if he had time to deposit heracross.

This was a good fun quirky episode a nice break from current events.

V Faction
24th February 2006, 3:26 AM
http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag165/231.jpg

That sums up the episode.

MagicBox
24th February 2006, 3:42 AM
I wonder how many things Cybercubed could say about this image (http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag165/039.jpg).

Those pictures don't really make the episode make sense. I mean, why does Manene run away from James when he finds it? And why does Bonsly run away from Brock & the gang? Well, at least we know Bonsly can battle. Now it won't seem like its skills came from nowhere when it battles in the upcoming contest episode.

CyberCubed
24th February 2006, 4:33 AM
Wow, MagicBox you made my day. If I didn't just update my sig a day ago, I would have so put that pic in there. Maybe I'll save it for a later time.

Would it have been too extreme to have May with her shirt off during that moment? She'd still have her bra on of course...

JazzJazz
24th February 2006, 5:20 AM
why does Manene run away from James when he finds it? And why does Bonsly run away from Brock & the gang?

I'd say it's because they were having fun together and were worried about being split up...

Sunain
24th February 2006, 7:54 AM
I liked this episode. The preview made it look like a very boring filler, but it it ended up better then I expected. It reminded me of the Pikachu Shorts more then a standard episode though.

pikachu146
24th February 2006, 1:01 PM
this looks like a pikachu short.I think it's a little boring.Too bad no important. events happened.

Blaziken master
24th February 2006, 3:55 PM
This episode's mainly quite random, but the movie scenes were hilarious especially when Team Rocket try to get into the film dressed in Medievil clothes.The battles at the end were pretty cool and I think the attack manene is using is tickle, judging by Usohachi's face Correct me if I'm wrong

Judai Yuki
24th February 2006, 5:19 PM
What did Manene do to make everyone start dancing i was confused.

CyberCubed
24th February 2006, 5:41 PM
This episode was basically your standard, "happy-go-lucky" nonsense episode, which means it's fun to watch but leave your brain at the door people.

This is the type of episode that the writers pump out based on too much consumption of illegal drugs. That can be a good thing, as we get wacky episodes such as the giant Claydol one back in Hoenn.

It was a fun episode, but since I don't understand Japanese I'm missing a lot of the humour. Probably will be a lot funnier when I see the dub...like next year.

ChaosMage
24th February 2006, 6:51 PM
Freaky episode, no comment until I see it in English, for the same reasons as Cybercubed.

Blaziken master
24th February 2006, 6:53 PM
What did Manene do to make everyone start dancing i was confused.

Manene was using teeter dance to make everyone dance, which is funny because everyone is dancing to polka o dolka in the background!

ghost master
24th February 2006, 7:03 PM
Manene was using teeter dance to make everyone dance, which is funny because everyone is dancing to polka o dolka in the background! Teeter dance looks different in another episode and also teeter dance causes the pokemon to be confused. http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag162/110.jpg Manene used a psychic attack and looked a little different than psychic. I believe it somehow controlled them to dance with them if you look at the facial expressions in this pic. http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag165/344.jpg
The writers do make psychic have other powers such as the pokemon controlling the other one.

KuwabaraTheMan
24th February 2006, 8:32 PM
Decent episode. It was nothing great, but it was sort of entertaining. Its alright to have one like this every so often.

sCiZoR_2006
24th February 2006, 8:54 PM
Just to clear some things up:

There were two Manene and two Bonsly. The original pair (that do the "King Bonsly and Queen Manane" radio drama) ran away. That was the pair that Jessie and James stumbled on in the alley and the pair Ash and Co. met while walking down the street looking for Brock's Bonsly.

It's funny how May and Brock remember the "King/Queen" radio drama after the fact. That information could've cleared things up ahead of time.

From the episode, I guess the creators of that radio drama were filming a movie since it was so popular with fans (i.e. those people running after the real pair when Ash and Co. bumped into them).

The director from the episode is a real person (forgot his name). I remember him from the Movie 8 documentary short that came out last year. I'm just taking a stab that he wanted himself drawn into this episode just to have some fun (that explains those arrows that you saw pointing to the director from last week's preview).

The psychic attack Manane used on Bonsly was Tickle. It also used it against Combusken when May took on Jessie back in her last victorious Pokemon Contest, but this version used that bluish aura instead of Manane just using its appendages to do the tickling.

It was also funny how Meowth dressed up as a little boy to help that woman out (in order to steal some of her Pokemon food) when they were all hungry.

Kinda nice how James was taking care of Bonsly as if it was his own.

They played "Polka-O-Dolka" when everyone was dancing at the end. That just added so much zaniness to the scene.

Like Sunain and pikachu said, this episode had more of a Pikachu short-type of feel too it. Truthfully, I really enjoyed it.

V Faction
24th February 2006, 9:06 PM
Tickle? Buh-gawd. Why can't they ever stick to one way of performing an attack!?!? As an attack enthusiast, that ticks me off!

Convenient how there's this radio drama about Bonsly and Manene AND the gang's just happen to get separated AND a film about the two is being filmed not too far away. Really, it sounds like a bad fanfic.

JazzJazz
24th February 2006, 9:10 PM
There were two Manene and two Bonsly. The original pair (that do the "King Bonsly and Queen Manane" radio drama) ran away. That was the pair that Jessie and James stumbled on in the alley and the pair Ash and Co. met while walking down the street looking for Brock's Bonsly.

Silly question, but the "original" pair are identifiable by the scarves... right?

sCiZoR_2006
24th February 2006, 9:17 PM
Silly question, but the "original" pair are identifiable by the scarves... right?

Right.

It should be said that the original King/Queen were found by the suited thugs. The two were so tired from all the running around that the suits had to the Pokemon Center. They didn't know where it was so Max brought out the PokeNav to give them directions.

That's also the reason why Brock's Bonsly and James's Manene were used for the film.

Tickle? Buh-gawd. Why can't they ever stick to one way of performing an attack!?!? As an attack enthusiast, that ticks me off!

Convenient how there's this radio drama about Bonsly and Manene AND the gang's just happen to get separated AND a film about the two is being filmed not too far away. Really, it sounds like a bad fanfic.

Yeah, I'm just like you, V. I like seeing new versions of attacks (like Corphish's CGI Bubblebeam as opposed to the original), but this wasn't one of those cases.

Geodude
25th February 2006, 5:42 AM
Then they ended up in the movie set and bonsly and manene subs(two guys in bonsly and manene suits) were taking the place of the real manene and bonsly.
No, I think their job was to demonstrate to Bonsly and Manene what to do in each scene.

vaporeon89
25th February 2006, 3:25 PM
does anyone know wich attack did bonsly used yet? ( I mean the physical one)

;134;(9

Yamato-san
25th February 2006, 5:09 PM
It was Double-Edge (Sutemi Takkuru). And Manene used Mimic on that.

It was also funny how Meowth dressed up as a little boy to help that woman out (in order to steal some of her Pokemon food) when they were all hungry.

Actually, while he was planning to make off with the last box after he finished carrying the rest, the woman just let him have it as a reward. I think when Nyaasu offered them the food, Pikachu was refusing until he was convinced that it wasn't stolen. Just thought that was worth pointing out.

Geodude
25th February 2006, 5:12 PM
Yep, that's what I figured happened too. I thought it was funny how Meowth didn't get why Bonsly was crying over the food, until Pikachu told him that it only eats through a straw, so Meowth had to mix water into the food and put a straw in it. XD

RedJirachi
26th February 2006, 9:43 PM
Hmm...What does the title mean?

Geodude
26th February 2006, 10:37 PM
What, the episode title? Just what it says. Have you read the topic at all?

Blaziken master
26th February 2006, 10:42 PM
It is the title of a so called movie in the episode portraying the romance of a manene and bonsly

Pokemon Fan
27th February 2006, 1:48 AM
Really, I like the idea that pokemon can have variations on their attacks. Think about how Pikachu uses Thunder in different ways (i.e as a projectile and as a physical explosion, this was before it learned Volt Tackle), or how Treeko could use Pound with its arms or its tail (it used its arms in one of its first battles, but then reverted to its tail because it was stronger), or how Charizard's Seismic Toss looks so different from a non flyer's Seismic Toss.

Since Manene is a Psychic type it makes sense it could form tendrils of Psychic energy to perform Tickle at a distance. Still, I get what you're saying.

It is the title of a so called movie in the episode portraying the romance of a manene and bonsly
Which is a bit disturbing considering they're both pre-evolutions, can't breed, are babies etc.

V Faction
27th February 2006, 3:24 AM
I like variation, too. As long as it's variation that makes sense and gives enough room to change. Manene used Tickle not that long ago in its debut Contest, not long enough for it to change its attack style. And Manene was 2, maybe 3, feet away from Bonsly? IS THAT LAZINESS OR WHAT?

sCiZoR_2006
28th February 2006, 3:11 PM
Actually, while he was planning to make off with the last box after he finished carrying the rest, the woman just let him have it as a reward. I think when Nyaasu offered them the food, Pikachu was refusing until he was convinced that it wasn't stolen. Just thought that was worth pointing out.

Very true, Yamato-san. Great addition.

Since Manene is a Psychic type it makes sense it could form tendrils of Psychic energy to perform Tickle at a distance. Still, I get what you're saying.

This whole time I had thought that Tickle was a psychic move (ever since R/S came out). Come to find out that it's just a normal-type attack. That's kind of disappointing, but the variation that Manane uses in this episode makes the attack stand out.

I know the anime Pokemon's moves are done without respect to the games, but I'm wondering if Bonsly's Fake Tears attack is a foreshadow of one of its D/P moves in-game?

I like variation, too. As long as it's variation that makes sense and gives enough room to change. Manene used Tickle not that long ago in its debut Contest, not long enough for it to change its attack style. And Manene was 2, maybe 3, feet away from Bonsly? IS THAT LAZINESS OR WHAT?

You know the anime exaggerates distance. Two Pokemon on a battlefield could be about 7 feet from each other but when one executes an attack, the animation style makes it seem like they're miles apart.

WaterDragon trainer
11th November 2006, 1:02 AM
Just saw this in the US. This episode was good. It was cool to see Bonsly and Mime Jr battle as well as seeing everybody dance from Mime Jr's Teeter Dance.

Pika Hikari KT
11th November 2006, 1:17 AM
Talk about surprising--Polka o Dolka is kept during Mime Jr.'s Teeter Dance...but as the dubbed version(which means Maddie is singing!)!:D

Other than that, this was better than I gave the plot credit for. Pretty Rocket-centric throughout the episode(not that it's a bad thing...:p), and we see a bit more of what Mime Jr. is capable of. Not bad at all.

ShinyManafi
11th November 2006, 4:14 AM
Man, my favorite part was when Brock and James shouted attacks back and forth ,LOL

BattleFranky~40
11th November 2006, 4:15 AM
Mime Jr. vs. Bonsley! Epic Battle Of Useless Attacks!

C.J. Ray
11th November 2006, 6:09 AM
:o POLKA O DOLKA! (dies)

That is probably my favorite song, in both Japanese and English. (I didn't get the English lyrics, though.) I'm so glad they kept it! (dies again)

Sorry, that episode was just worth watching for that song.

BTW, didn't I see a screenshot of Brock dressed up like a white prince, or is that just me? ;)

Medea
11th November 2006, 12:12 PM
Wow, very cute for a filler. Those hired goons chasing after Bonsly and Mime Jr creeped me out and made me laugh at the same time. And of course, this episode made me want to smack Jessie over the head with a giant script again and again. I cannot stand that little Prima Donna for the life of me. Especially, when she gets all gaga when the camera is on her.

YoshiAngemon
11th November 2006, 2:13 PM
I can't believe the Narrator got into the dancing! That was funny, and if they ever do some form of a Teeter Dance activity for the next Pokémon event (Complete with the English Version of Polka-O-Dolka playing), I'll probably get involved myself! It's like a form of Wiggin' Out!

~Battle Frontier~
11th November 2006, 3:35 PM
LOL, the director of Pokemon was dancing! XD

Luxuria
11th November 2006, 3:46 PM
Did you notice they kept a lot of Japanese in this episode?

Mandi.
11th November 2006, 4:39 PM
Ya gotta love the dancing scene at the end. And Team Rocket's close ups while making the movie. I could have sworn they said "TV Land." xD I think they did.

It was nice to see that the Pokemon got a little more screen time in this. It was very nice episode. I enjoyed it much. x3

And I agree, Onpu, they did keep a lot of Japanese in here. I mean, Jessie was eating with chop-sticks at lunch. Awesome. =D

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
11th November 2006, 8:52 PM
This episode was so cute, I was so surprised English Polka Dolka was playing, and the one oringinally sang by Maddie. The dancing was simply so funny, but BAD BAD Pikachu for ruining the set at the end with Volt Tackle.

chosen_one386
11th November 2006, 8:54 PM
This cute episode was a nice break from the contests and Brain battles we were watching. I loved hearing that song from the short, Gotta Dance and the ending was cute as well.

R_N
11th November 2006, 9:00 PM
Funniest. Filler. Ever.
Bonsly vs. Mime Jr. Battle was funny, I loved the chase sequences, and, of course, Teeter Dance induced Polka Dolka. Deja Vu FTW.

One thing that got me though, was that the actual King & Queen were seriously downplayed. They only appeared abouit 2 times, and only served as a plot device. Don't know why, but it bugged the heck out of me.

Hikozaru390
12th November 2006, 1:55 AM
Did you notice they kept a lot of Japanese in this episode?

Did you notice 4kids =\= PUSA?

Wig out! Mime Jr. style! Mime Jr. is one of my favorite Pokémon, and I love that it gets some good time in the limelight.

YoshiAngemon
12th November 2006, 1:15 PM
I'd like to see that Teeter Dance clip on Youtube! either that or some Bo-BoBo AMV, aptly named "Polka-Bo-Dolka!"

Raccario
12th November 2006, 1:24 PM
i like when they were on the bridge dancing, it was funny

NewBrock
13th November 2006, 5:37 AM
Funniest. Filler. Ever.
Bonsly vs. Mime Jr. Battle was funny, I loved the chase sequences, and, of course, Teeter Dance induced Polka Dolka. Deja Vu FTW.

One thing that got me though, was that the actual King & Queen were seriously downplayed. They only appeared abouit 2 times, and only served as a plot device. Don't know why, but it bugged the heck out of me.

I loved this episode. I had such a blast working on it. It's just sheer wackiness and you need that every once in a while.

Quick notes for second viewings:
- Note that my version of King Bonsly is ever so slightly different than Brock's Bonsly. I figured that since King Bonsly is not really a baby that his voice should be a little deeper. It's not tremendously different, but it's there. Making it deeper also gave it more of a regal tone. And after all, he is a king!

- Our crack writing staff noticed that the song was from "gotta dance" and made sure that our music writers left it untouched. Although, I thought the song played was just taken directly from the Japanese.

- If you ever wondered what I sound like in Real Life listen to the director's assistant in this episode. This was a gag that I just HAD to do in this episode. When I discovered that there was a guy dressed up as Bonsly in this episode, I begged to make sure that I could be that guy. To add to the funny I used my regular voice for him and then made sure that I really camped up the "Bonsly!" that he shouts. How perfect is it to voice the guy who acts as Bonsly. It's like some sort of bizarre paradox collapsing in on itself. Wacky fun for everyone.

old guard truthseeker
13th November 2006, 1:11 PM
I loved this episode. I had such a blast working on it. It's just sheer wackiness and you need that every once in a while.

Quick notes for second viewings:
- Note that my version of King Bonsly is ever so slightly different than Brock's Bonsly. I figured that since King Bonsly is not really a baby that his voice should be a little deeper. It's not tremendously different, but it's there. Making it deeper also gave it more of a regal tone. And after all, he is a king!

- Our crack writing staff noticed that the song was from "gotta dance" and made sure that our music writers left it untouched. Although, I thought the song played was just taken directly from the Japanese.

- If you ever wondered what I sound like in Real Life listen to the director's assistant in this episode. This was a gag that I just HAD to do in this episode. When I discovered that there was a guy dressed up as Bonsly in this episode, I begged to make sure that I could be that guy. To add to the funny I used my regular voice for him and then made sure that I really camped up the "Bonsly!" that he shouts. How perfect is it to voice the guy who acts as Bonsly. It's like some sort of bizarre paradox collapsing in on itself. Wacky fun for everyone.

Actually, the song from 'Gotta Dance' was the English version with Maddie doing the vocal from the movie 7 short. I thought it sounded great to hear the new VAs responding to it during the episode, although I'm a bit surprised at a few of the reactions out there...

Neo Mario
13th November 2006, 2:54 PM
This episode was actully not as bad as I expectied

old guard truthseeker
13th November 2006, 3:09 PM
This episode was actully not as bad as I expectied

I'd be curious as to why you thought it was going to be bad in the first place.

maddiejoan
13th November 2006, 5:18 PM
Actually, the song from 'Gotta Dance' was the English version with Maddie doing the vocal from the movie 7 short. I thought it sounded great to hear the new VAs responding to it during the episode, although I'm a bit surprised at a few of the reactions out there...

I'm curious as to why you would be surprised. What did you think the reaction would be?

old guard truthseeker
14th November 2006, 1:47 AM
I'm curious as to why you would be surprised. What did you think the reaction would be?

I would think that it's time for everybody to get over themselves and realize that things are not what they were. I'm astonished at the microscopic residual negativity that persists with the new season. The ratings seem to indicate that things are just fine now, and the old guard is history. Why all the venom?

maddiejoan
14th November 2006, 3:06 AM
I would think that it's time for everybody to get over themselves and realize that things are not what they were. I'm astonished at the microscopic residual negativity that persists with the new season. The ratings seem to indicate that things are just fine now, and the old guard is history. Why all the venom?

What venom? Did I say anything venemous? Have I criticized the new Meowth's performance?

All I said was I didn't enjoy having my vocals used in a season I'm not "part of".

I think I have the right to be offended, considering how I was thrown off the show like a bag of dirty laundry.

If things are not the way they were --then why use my voice at all? I'd have been far happier if "Billy Beach" would have done his own singing.

Is my name in the credits for that episode?

Daniel Jake
14th November 2006, 8:56 AM
I checked Maddie, and no it wasn't.

old guard truthseeker
14th November 2006, 12:54 PM
What venom? Did I say anything venemous? Have I criticized the new Meowth's performance?

All I said was I didn't enjoy having my vocals used in a season I'm not "part of".

I think I have the right to be offended, considering how I was thrown off the show like a bag of dirty laundry.

If things are not the way they were --then why use my voice at all? I'd have been far happier if "Billy Beach" would have done his own singing.

Is my name in the credits for that episode?

I've never actually read anything positive you've ever written about this new season. We will continue to have a difference of opinion of how you were "thrown off" of the show, but I know I've had many complimentary things to say about your work, as many others have as well. It just seems to smack of sour grapes when you say anything relating to Season 9, and especially at this late date, it's not flattering. Season 10 is in the works, as is Movie 9. Why not wish everyone the best?
Also, as you well know, the contract you signed with 4 Kids allows Pokemon to use your past work in perpetuity. Why is it insulting that they would use a vocal of yours as backround music - underneath other dialog? It sounds great!

maddiejoan
14th November 2006, 1:19 PM
I've never actually read anything positive you've ever written about this new season. We will continue to have a difference of opinion of how you were "thrown off" of the show, but I know I've had many complimentary things to say about your work, as many others have as well. It just seems to smack of sour grapes when you say anything relating to Season 9, and especially at this late date, it's not flattering. Season 10 is in the works, as is Movie 9. Why not wish everyone the best?
Also, as you well know, the contract you signed with 4 Kids allows Pokemon to use your past work in perpetuity. Why is it insulting that they would use a vocal of yours as backround music - underneath other dialog? It sounds great!

I've written many times how I wish the new cast all the best, A search of my posts can easily find that. I've even offered tips on performing certain voices to one of the cast members (Bill wanted to know what was off about his Corphish --I told him what I did for the voice in order to help out)

Spinning me as having "sour-grapes" does not make it so. The fact is, I've not had one single unkind word about the new show, other than that I consider it a "new" show. I may have had some thoughts about how I don't think the music is mixed particularly well into the track-- but hey, I was asked, and that's my opinion.

You have said far more negative things about Seasons 1-8 than I have of Season #9. Your comments are at best disingenous, and at worst venal spin mongering to bolster and rationalize your own position.

I also don't need to have an eplanation for why I found the use of my vocal work (uncredited) as insulting. I simply did. Did I even recieve an a nice e-mail from TAJ thanking me or even tipping me off that it would be used?
Sorry, but TAJ has taken something I performed with joy and now tainted it's memory.

"Heads up, Maddie! We so enjoyed your work on 'Gotta Dance' that we're using it an upcoming episode! We even wrote a cute in-joke about it!, Hope you can watch it, and thanks so much for all the work you did as Meowth!"

Would that have been so hard?

I know that I'm not "owed" any such thing --but sometimes people choose to excercize "common courtesy". Having the ability to use something via legal contract doesn't negate the use of polite behaviour.

Finally, Our difference of opinion on whether I was thrown off is the difference between fantasy and reality. Clearly, I am not on the show, nor was I ever even asked to return.

Geodude
14th November 2006, 1:27 PM
Can you guys please keep these types of discussions in the voice threads where they belong?

maddiejoan
14th November 2006, 2:46 PM
Can you guys please keep these types of discussions in the voice threads where they belong?

We're talking about this very episode, and it's use of "Gotta Dance".

old guard truthseeker
15th November 2006, 1:27 AM

I jurs heard through the grapevine that TAJ had provided the video house with the correct instrumental version of Gotta Dance and it was sent to Cartoon Network, but Cartoon Network ended up using the wrong version.

RandomCharizard
15th November 2006, 1:31 AM
I jurs heard through the grapevine that TAJ had provided the video house with the correct instrumental version of Gotta Dance and it was sent to Cartoon Network, but Cartoon Network ended up using the wrong version.

Why would Cartoon Network change the music? is it because CN Executives didnt want the kids to listen to ebil japanese music?

Geodude
15th November 2006, 1:42 AM

Not right before I posted you weren't. It was sort of a war of words between you and OGT that could've been taken elsewhere. And yes, a case could be made that any VA discussion could have to do with a specific episode, but many people are getting pretty dang tired of hearing about it over and over. There are other things to talk about besides voices, yet the voice discussion isn't going away unfortunately, hence the threads we all know of.

maddiejoan
15th November 2006, 1:47 AM

really? Odd. considering this post.

I'm sure that was Maddie singing the song from the movie 7 short "Gotta Dance!" which is why Meowth said "Deja Vu!" and James responded with "Gotta Dance!" Maddie sounds great in that one. Funny stuff all around.

How did CN get the one with the vocal tracks? Doesn't TAJ provide fully mixed episodes? And why did the writer include that "Deja Vu" joke?

wobbanut
15th November 2006, 2:13 AM
I thought this episode was very hilarious, and I enjoyed it a lot. My main problem with it is, the script is VERY disjointed. It starts as a normal episode, becomes a chase episode, THEN becomes a wacky comedy with a TV production. At least previous wacky comedies on the show- "A Better Pill to Swallow", "The Wayward Wobbuffet"- are wacky throughout. The main problem with this episode is that it's only the last 1/3 that's a comedy.

Nonetheless, I did enjoy seeing Meowth get food honestly, and the last part had me rolling in the aisles. The group dance was the highlight of the episode. And Bonsly and Mime Jr. were funny and cute too.

Overall, 9.9/10, taken down one point for the script.

old guard truthseeker
15th November 2006, 2:57 AM
really? Odd. considering this post.

How did CN get the one with the vocal tracks? Doesn't TAJ provide fully mixed episodes? And why did the writer include that "Deja Vu" joke?

It was a swapped mix mistake. The original Japanese episode had the Japanese version of the song with the Japanese Meowth singing on it. PUSA asked to have it changed, so TAJ sent the USA version of it but with your vocal, which was later realized to be a mistake, so they then sent an instrumental version of it to the video house as well. But by that time the USA vocal was already sent to Cartoon Network, and although the instrumental mix was sent as well in plenty of time, they must've mixed up the 2 mixes before broadcast.
I'm guessing that the writer, knowing that music is so recognizable to fans, went ahead and tried to capitalize on it with the jokes. But I'm pretty sure the writer only heard the Japanese version when it was being written. I wouldn't think there would be any other version to hear at that point.

Pika Hikari KT
15th November 2006, 3:32 AM
Oh yeah, they did capitalize on the music--Meowth said it was deja vu.XD

maddiejoan
15th November 2006, 5:35 AM
But I'm pretty sure the writer only heard the Japanese version when it was being written. I wouldn't think there would be any other version to hear at that point.

Carter didn't write that episode?

Kuroshi
15th November 2006, 9:06 AM
I've written many times how I wish the new cast all the best, A search of my posts can easily find that. I've even offered tips on performing certain voices to one of the cast members (Bill wanted to know what was off about his Corphish --I told him what I did for the voice in order to help out)

Spinning me as having "sour-grapes" does not make it so. The fact is, I've not had one single unkind word about the new show, other than that I consider it a "new" show. I may have had some thoughts about how I don't think the music is mixed particularly well into the track-- but hey, I was asked, and that's my opinion.

Just for the sake of the record.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3167705&postcount=1055
Try writing something like this --but in your own words:

"I understand that Cartoon Network is negotiating to acquire the rights to Pokémon. If it’s not too late, please make sure that Pokémon USA does not sell you an inferior product.

This past weekend Kids WB! aired a Pokémon TV special that was NOT produced by 4Kids Productions. The show was amateurish and embarrassing. Voices were terrible. Acting was horrible. The writing was extremely bad. The music was inappropriate and the sound mix was painful. It seemed like children and non-professionals were producing the show.

Fans want the “authentic” Pokémon experience, not a cheap imitation. If you acquire the series from Pokémon Company and they do not continue to use 4Kids to produce the series - -you will be buying a series that will rate poorly and destroy the franchise.

Don’t waste your money. Make sure you get the real deal and not an inferior, poorly produced, embarrassing imitation. Make sure that 4Kids Productions is the production entity for the new Pokémon episodes."

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3191269&postcount=1670

:::sigh::: then you misunderstand me completely. I want nothing more than the show to be a success. If it went to a decent Production Studio --I'd be happy for Pokemon with or without me. IT has nothing to do with my pride.
But from what I can see from the special --its not gonna be pretty and I fear the show will go down the tubes forever because of all this. You may of course disagree -- but I dont think PUSA utilizing TAJ is gonna be the answer to your prayers that you think it will be.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3228706&postcount=2006

I think it's logical that PUSA, never having been involved in the business of actually producing a television show, would not recognize that they have already made some really poor decisions. I think they bought TAJ's claim that they could produce a show of equal quality with "sound-alikes", and I think TAJ is no longer capable of the quality of production they once were.

I think your sources are biased, and you are recieving colorful versions of the facts. I think you also know that the majority of the new actors were under the very same contracts as the old actors, yet you don't address that fact.

I also don't thik you have a crystal ball into what 4Kids may or may not have known about the status of the special or Season 9 at what point in time.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3257449&postcount=2129

Saving the show from doom?

Ontopic, I really enjoyed this episode. The antics were very funny, especially the battle towards the end of the episode. I noticed James has lost Mime Jr. what, twice three times this season. That little mime sure has been getting around.

old guard truthseeker
15th November 2006, 12:48 PM
Carter didn't write that episode?

Carter writes all the episodes. At the time he wrote it he had only heard the Japanese track. But since he had written the movie 7 short, he simply made a few jokes on the music. It would seem to me he would have no idea the USA vocal track would've been used by mistake.

maddiejoan
15th November 2006, 12:49 PM
Kuroshi,

I fail to see how posting my predictions based on the first MOMP special (which even the most hardcore supporters thought was abysmal) establishes anything. Even PUSA found it's quality to have been at a level that required a re-dubbing.

There are far more posts where I wish the new cast well, and even posts where I mention I think the new Meowth is okay.

But if you're okay combing through all my posts to find the few negative reactions I had to the first MoMP special in order to paint me unfairly --you have a party with that.

maddiejoan
15th November 2006, 12:55 PM
Carter writes all the episodes. At the time he wrote it he had only heard the Japanese track. But since he had written the movie 7 short, he simply made a few jokes on the music. It would seem to me he would have no idea the USA vocal track would've been used by mistake.

Ahhhh, I see. So someone else wrote the lyrics to "Gotta Dance"? I had always assumed Carter had written them along with the rest of the "Gotta Dance" short. My bad.

They must have mixed the vocal track in after Meowth's lines were recorded for the episode. Hopefully on re-air, CN will use the correct mix of this episode.

Kuroshi
15th November 2006, 1:54 PM
Kuroshi,

I fail to see how posting my predictions based on the first MOMP special (which even the most hardcore supporters thought was abysmal) establishes anything. Even PUSA found it's quality to have been at a level that required a re-dubbing.

There are far more posts where I wish the new cast well, and even posts where I mention I think the new Meowth is okay.

But if you're okay combing through all my posts to find the few negative reactions I had to the first MoMP special in order to paint me unfairly --you have a party with that.

I specifically said it was for the record. If you see your earlier assertions regarding the quality of season 9 as things that paint yourself in an unkind light today, well, that's not really my problem, is it?

old guard truthseeker
15th November 2006, 2:18 PM
Ahhhh, I see. So someone else wrote the lyrics to "Gotta Dance"? I had always assumed Carter had written them along with the rest of the "Gotta Dance" short. My bad.

They must have mixed the vocal track in after Meowth's lines were recorded for the episode. Hopefully on re-air, CN will use the correct mix of this episode.

I'm confused now. Carter did write the lyrics to the song, and the rest of the episode as well. I don't see how that has anything to do with it, other than he must've anticipated that the same music would be used, and knowing that fans were familiar with the song he would make a couple of jokes to reference it. That would have nothing to do with whether the USA Meowth vocal was going to be used or not. The distinctive intro of the song would certainly be enough to trigger anyone's memories.
All I'm saying is the use of your vocal was a mistake on the part of Cartoon Network. That's it. I talked to a TAJ guy last night, and when the script was initially submitted, all anyone had to go on was the Japanese episode with the Japanese Meowth vocal.
Just so you know, there have a been a wealth of technical problems all the way down the line with the video house, including the fact that I was told Carter's writing credit has been left out of about half the episodes so far. Not a good thing. They seem to be good at fixing mistakes so far though, so we'll see...

maddiejoan
15th November 2006, 2:50 PM
I specifically said it was for the record. If you see your earlier assertions regarding the quality of season 9 as things that paint yourself in an unkind light today, well, that's not really my problem, is it?

I don't at all, there's not a thing I've ever posted that I don't stand by completely. I just think if you are posting 'for the record', you would take care not to just post quotes that paint one side of the picture.

So yes. It is "your' problem.

ijea4444
15th November 2006, 2:53 PM
i pretty much liked this episode. i thought it would be a boring team rocket blast off. where is pikachu. then they spend the entire ep looking for her. but this one was much more better than i thought. i wanted bonsley and mime jr. to give there scarfs to brock and james. but o' well

maddiejoan
15th November 2006, 2:55 PM
I'm confused now. Carter did write the lyrics to the song, and the rest of the episode as well. I don't see how that has anything to do with it, other than he must've anticipated that the same music would be used, and knowing that fans were familiar with the song he would make a couple of jokes to reference it. That would have nothing to do with whether the USA Meowth vocal was going to be used or not. The distinctive intro of the song would certainly be enough to trigger anyone's memories.
All I'm saying is the use of your vocal was a mistake on the part of Cartoon Network. That's it. I talked to a TAJ guy last night, and when the script was initially submitted, all anyone had to go on was the Japanese episode with the Japanese Meowth vocal.
Just so you know, there have a been a wealth of technical problems all the way down the line with the video house, including the fact that I was told Carter's writing credit has been left out of about half the episodes so far. Not a good thing. They seem to be good at fixing mistakes so far though, so we'll see...

Okay. I was under the impression that TAJ was providing CN fully mixed episodes not shopping work out to an outside video house. Like I say. My bad.

Kuroshi
15th November 2006, 2:59 PM
I don't at all, there's not a thing I've ever posted that I don't stand by completely. I just think if you are posting 'for the record', you would take care not to just post quotes that paint one side of the picture.

So yes. It is "your' problem.

Then why are we having this convosation? If you stand by what you said, and you trust nothing is wrong with it, what does it matter that I only posted "half" of the picture, when you already stated the positive things you have said in regarding the dub first quote in the first post I made in this thread.

maddiejoan
15th November 2006, 3:04 PM
Then why are we having this convosation? If you stand by what you said, and you trust nothing is wrong with it, what does it matter that I only posted "half" of the picture, when you already stated the positive things you have said in regarding the dub first quote in the first post I made in this thread.

I guess because in quoting me out of context, you make it seem as if that's my opinion of Season #9 --when in fact everything you quoted was reflective of my opinion of the first dub version of MMoP.

Kuroshi
15th November 2006, 3:14 PM
I guess because in quoting me out of context, you make it seem as if that's my opinion of Season #9 --when in fact everything you quoted was reflective of my opinion of the first dub version of MMoP.

Seems pretty in context to me, you stated that you had "never said anything negitive" about the new dub. If you meant you hadn't said anything negitive after season 9 started airing, you probably should have said as much. Though, if you still believe and stand by what you said then, it would be double-talk.

maddiejoan
15th November 2006, 3:23 PM
Seems pretty in context to me, you stated that you had "never said anything negitive" about the new dub. If you meant you hadn't said anything negitive after season 9 started airing, you probably should have said as much. Though, if you still believe and stand by what you said then, it would be double-talk.

I said "the new show".
Referring to Season #9 :::roll eyes::::

and I don't see where it's double-talk at all

Dogasu
15th November 2006, 3:46 PM
OK, that's enough. Any post that doesn't have to do directly with this episode is getting deleted, and the user may, at our discrection, be given a week-long ban.

If you guys want to fight it out about the old dub vs. the new dub, go to the New Voices (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=125368) thread.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
19th November 2006, 6:22 AM
OK, that's enough.

Thank you. ^^'

--

Anyway - wow, that was a random episode. No plot, resolution, or logic. Which is why it rocked. :P I cracked up at the ending. As for the "Deja Vu" thing - yay for acknowledging something that happened in a movie.

Does this mean Mime Jr. is a girl?

I want to watch those clips from the ending over and over and over... xP Dancing director, YAY.

"Claydol, Big and Tall" and "Off the Unbeaten Path" were funnier... not as random though. I can't decide which episode is more random - this, or "Wake Up, Snorlax!" Eh... probably this...

I think I've finally gotten used to Ash's new voice...

9/10 - If only the middle was as random as the beginning and ending... then it would get all ten. Ah, well. ^_^

Pacman
21st November 2006, 7:08 AM
It was a alright episode.

Jorah
26th November 2006, 6:07 PM
I loved this episode for the completly random ending! I completly wasn't expecting it! I actually laughed. I love that Gotta Dance music. I watched tht scene over and over.

*while everyone dances*
Ash: Brock, you're bumping me a little too hard

I thought that was hilarious

I hope Mime Jr uses Teeter Dance again!

Knight_Ram
27th November 2006, 3:32 AM
I didnt really like this episode. Except for the bit where Jessie attacked the director with a headbutt... Kind of a reminer of the soccer wolrd cup...hehehe! 6/10

YoshiAngemon
28th November 2006, 12:01 PM
I didnt really like this episode. Except for the bit where Jessie attacked the director with a headbutt... Kind of a reminer of the soccer wolrd cup...hehehe! 6/10

You mean like getting the birthday telegram from Zinedine Zidane? That was a laugh riot!

TogeticTheRuler
16th December 2006, 9:47 PM
Those three men in those suits chasing them, one of them looked the most cartoon-ish, with that chin and all :D

Knight_Ram
9th February 2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah! That is so true! It was so, funny looking! Lol! I think that this was one of the worst fillers made. It was sort of a Pikachu vacation episode, but You actually get to see Ash's face and stuff.

Sir Devious
18th February 2007, 6:28 AM
Well... I wanted and wanted a Mime Jr. episode where he was the star... Guess you have to be careful what you wish for.... *Flashback of two men in pokemon suits frolicing into a hug* >.<

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
26th August 2008, 8:14 AM
I only caught the last part of this episode but it was pretty funny! I loved the "Deja Vu" part!

Tadashi
10th December 2008, 8:49 PM
I saw this episode recently, and I really liked it ^_^ The TV Bonsly & Mime Jr. weren't nearly as fun as Brock & James' versions. And Pikachu willingly walked around with Team Rocket when Ash was nowhere near! Sup with that?

Still liked the episode ^_^ Pretty good overall.

Rommath
11th January 2009, 1:47 PM
Really funny episode. Liked how all the Pokemon were running away from those weird men in suits. And the hilarious Mime Jr Teeter dance, which was then followed by the awesome Advance Adventure BGM. One of the funniest episodes in Battle Frontier, I thought, so much better than the one about the Scizor which followed it.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 11:52 AM
Pretty decent filler. But it wasn't as good as some of the other episodes where Pokemon got lost. Mainly because Pikachu is lost in every single one.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:12 PM
another episode where things are seperated, it's becoming standard but i guess it's an okay episode.

Littlemyuu
10th March 2009, 5:07 PM
it was a good episode, i always like epi's where they got seperated

Surfer_Dude
24th October 2009, 2:34 AM
I liked this one. Bonsly looked pretty cool with the scarf

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 10:53 AM
Nice filler.

Bonsly and mime JR got some screentime. great.

6/10

Lorde
25th January 2010, 11:12 PM
Very unnecessary Filler in my opinion. Why Ash and Co. always fall into Team Rocket's traps, I'll never truely know and understand.

Cool to see Meowth, Pikachu, and the two Baby Pokemon lost in a big city. I didn't know why those men in black were chasing them until the whole explaination about a Mime Jr. and Bonsly being the stars of a Soap Opera.

The musical number in the end where they played the song from Gotta Dance was terrific. If you listen in the dub, you can here Maddie as Meowth's VA singing :) 4/10

Painkiller2001
14th December 2010, 6:19 PM
After seeing this episode this morning, I can safely say that this is one of those episodes where if it gets played again at some point, I can afford to miss it. It wasn't a horrible episode, but it wasn't a truly spectacular episode. To me, just your basic run-of-the-mill "main casts Pokemon get separated from each other" episode.

Edit: To the poster that said they thought they saw a scene of Brock dressed up as white prince in this episode, that's the next episode.

G50
26th April 2011, 4:16 PM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see an episode centered around Mime Jr. and Bonsly. It was cool to see Munchlax use Sandstorm through its Metronome move, even though it sent the Pokemon flying. Mime Jr. and Bonsly looked very cute in the scarfs. It was funny to see everyone dancing when Mime Jr. used its Teeter Dance move. It was cool to see Bonsly and Mime Jr. battle each other.

20/100

Vernikova
14th September 2012, 9:46 PM
Just another separation episode. It was nothing to see really.

TheSirPeras
29th September 2012, 11:59 PM
I must say for a filler I really enjoyed this one! Bonsly and Mime Jr looked really cute in the movie, and Mime Jr's dance was hilarious! It was cool to see them battle too!

Dawn+Serena Fan
3rd July 2013, 10:48 PM
This was an okay, but boring episode. I thought it was funny that Bonsly and Mime Jr. were mistaken as starts of a tv show.

PokemontrainerY
3rd July 2013, 11:33 PM
This was just another separation episode, nothing important happend in this episode.

Painkiller2001
16th November 2014, 10:52 PM
With all of the traveling around one region they do, I'm surprised May and Brock have time to watch TV.
I guess it's something they do off-screen.