PDA

View Full Version : Gale of Darkness Team

Lord of Ninetales
23rd February 2006, 9:57 PM
Very rarely do I ever use any legends in my team, let alone a Tier 2. But in this case, I decided to try one out. Here comes my team. And before you make your comments, know that this is NOT a team I fight real people with. It's a Gale of Darkness only team.

Groudon Level: 100
Ability - Drought
Nature - Jolly
Item - Salac Berry
EV's - 225 ATT, 225 DEF, 60 SPD
Move List
Bulk Up
Earthquake
Solar Beam
Dragon Claw

One of the two staples of the team, mostly for it's ability. Sunlight before any attack commands are given boosts this team's chance of winning by a good amount. Bulk Up increases it's already high ATT and DEF, while Earthquake gets a good STAB bonus. Dragon Claw benefits from the high ATT and can take out a large number of enemy Pokemon. Flamethrower deals with pesky ICE-types, and gets a boost from Drought.

Castform Level: 100 Male
Ability - Forecast
Nature - Timid
Item - Salac Berry
EV's - 240 SP. ATT, 240 SPD, 30 DEF
Move List
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Weather Ball
Flamethrower

Solar Beam can attack every turn thanks to Drought, Flamethrower gets a STAB boost + a Sunny Day boost. Weather Ball is a given for any Castform, and Sunny Day is there in case Groudon's Drought is removed.

Espeon Level: 100 Male
Ability - Synchronize
Nature - Timid
Item - Petaya Berry
EV's - 255 HP, 225 SPD, 30 SP. DEF
Moves
Psychic
Substitute
Morning Sun
Helping Hand

STAB boost with Psychic plus it's high SPD and good SP. ATT make it rather lethal. Hidden Power Fire gets the boost from the sunlight, and Morning Sun heals full health. Helping Hand used for Groudon or another Pokemon makes for usually an instant knock out. This is really just a decent filler Pokemon, or for when it's 4th and 100 with 2 seconds left in the fourth and it's snowing and then only thing I can call is a running play.

Houndoom Level: 100 Male
Ability - Flash Fire
Nature - Timid
Item - Leftovers
EV's - 255 SP. DEF, 220 SPD, 35 HP
Move List
Crunch
Substitute
Solar Beam
Flamethrower

Both Flamethrower and Crunch get a STAB. My usual strategy here is to hit Houndoom with a Flamethrower from Groudon or Castform to boost it's Flamethrower's power even higher. Solar Beam helps deal with WATER-types, and gets an HP recovery from Leftovers. Substitute let's it absorb an Earthquake.

Gengar Level: 100
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Mild
Item - Leftovers
EV's - 200 SP. ATT, 180 SPD, 130 SP. DEF
Move List
Psychic
Substitute
Fire Punch
Shadow Ball

The only Pokemon on my team that doesn't match the basic strategy is Gengar. Or does it? Fire Punch gets the boost from sunlight, Levitate lets it avoid Groudon's Earthquake, and Substitute lets it Shadow Ball enemies away without getting hurt, while Leftovers gives it some health back.

Salamence Level: 100 Male
Ability - Intimidate
Nature - Adament
Item - Lum Berry
EV's - 200 ATT, 190 SP. ATT, 60 SPD, 60 HP
Move List
Crunch
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance

I like it because it is cute, not because it is powerful. The powerful part just happens to be a bonus. Crunch is a powerful attack to deal with PSYCHIC-tpes and GHOST-types, as well as other DRAGON-types, Aerial Ace gets a STAB boost. Dragon Dance boosts it's power, and Rock Slide takes out ICE-types. Lum Berry is there for the evil Wispers and Wavers.

Rate X/10, leave a nice comment. ;038;

Tazzler
23rd February 2006, 11:23 PM
Very rarely do I ever use any legends in my team, let alone a Tier 2. But in this case, I decided to try one out. Here comes my team. And before you make your comments, know that this is NOT a team I fight real people with. It's a Gale of Darkness only team.

Groudon Level: 100
Ability - Drought
Nature - Jolly
Item - Salac Berry
EV's - 225 ATT, 225 DEF, 60 SPD
Move List
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunder Wave/Substitute/Overheat
One of the two staples of the team, mostly for it's ability. Sunlight before any attack commands are given boosts this team's chance of winning by a good amount. Bulk Up increases it's already high ATT and DEF, while Earthquake gets a good STAB bonus. Dragon Claw benefits from the high ATT and can take out a large number of enemy Pokemon. Flamethrower deals with pesky ICE-types, and gets a boost from Drought.

Castform Level: 100 Male
Ability - Forecast
Nature - Timid
Item - Salac Berry
EV's - 240 SP. ATT, 240 SPD, 30 DEF
Move List
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Weather Ball
Flamethrower

Solar Beam can attack every turn thanks to Drought, Flamethrower gets a STAB boost + a Sunny Day boost. Weather Ball is a given for any Castform, and Sunny Day is there in case Groudon's Drought is removed.

Espeon Level: 100 Male
Ability - Synchronize
Nature - Timid
Item - Petaya Berry
EV's - 255 HP, 225 SPD, 30 SP. DEF
Moves
Psychic
Substitute
Calm Mind
Baton Pass

STAB boost with Psychic plus it's high SPD and good SP. ATT make it rather lethal. Hidden Power Fire gets the boost from the sunlight, and Morning Sun heals full health. Helping Hand used for Groudon or another Pokemon makes for usually an instant knock out. This is really just a decent filler Pokemon, or for when it's 4th and 100 with 2 seconds left in the fourth and it's snowing and then only thing I can call is a running play.

Houndoom Level: 100 Male
Ability - Flash Fire
Nature - Timid
Item - Leftovers
EV's - 255 SP. DEF, 220 SPD, 35 HP
Move List
Crunch
Substitute
Solar Beam
Flamethrower

Both Flamethrower and Crunch get a STAB. My usual strategy here is to hit Houndoom with a Flamethrower from Groudon or Castform to boost it's Flamethrower's power even higher. Solar Beam helps deal with WATER-types, and gets an HP recovery from Leftovers. Substitute let's it absorb an Earthquake.

Gengar Level: 100
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Mild
Item - Leftovers
EV's - 200 SP. ATT, 180 SPD, 130 SP. DEF
Move List
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

The only Pokemon on my team that doesn't match the basic strategy is Gengar. Or does it? Fire Punch gets the boost from sunlight, Levitate lets it avoid Groudon's Earthquake, and Substitute lets it Shadow Ball enemies away without getting hurt, while Leftovers gives it some health back.

Salamence Level: 100 Male
Ability - Intimidate
Nature - Adament
Item - Lum Berry
EV's - 200 ATT, 190 SP. ATT, 60 SPD, 60 HP
Move List
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance

I like it because it is cute, not because it is powerful. The powerful part just happens to be a bonus. Crunch is a powerful attack to deal with PSYCHIC-tpes and GHOST-types, as well as other DRAGON-types, Aerial Ace gets a STAB boost. Dragon Dance boosts it's power, and Rock Slide takes out ICE-types. Lum Berry is there for the evil Wispers and Wavers.

Rate X/10, leave a nice comment. ;038;
7/10

Check at smogon for ev help.

ZNtelle
24th February 2006, 1:41 AM
EVs really are hard to set unless you know your Pokemon IVs, and it's hard to track what they really are because it takes a bit of training to get a reliable read.

DragonDance
24th February 2006, 1:30 PM
There's an IV calculator on the main site.
EDIT: and Tiers 2's are your mences, ttars, suicunes, btw. Groudon is tier 1 as he is uber.