PDA

View Full Version : Fan-fiction

Brute Root
24th February 2006, 12:03 AM
Do I have to register er somethin before I post my own fan-fic? And which is the proper place to post it? I've seen fan-fics everywhere.

Darato
24th February 2006, 12:05 AM
Well what is it about? And no just post it.

Wolf Goddess
24th February 2006, 12:05 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=32

Just read the rules first.

Brute Root
24th February 2006, 12:17 AM
So since this will be the first chapter in my fic, I would post it in the "Incomplete fics" section right?

Darato
24th February 2006, 12:23 AM
Yes.
Crap 10 words.

Virtual Headache
24th February 2006, 12:24 AM
So since this will be the first chapter in my fic, I would post it in the "Incomplete fics" section right?
Yes.
You can't even post in the "Complete Fics" forum, since once a fic is finished, it will be moved there by a mod.

Brute Root
24th February 2006, 12:24 AM
Oh, but the rules also say I have to it the story and the rating approved by a mod.....ummm....right?

Akilah Imani
24th February 2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah, just post it in the fanfiction section and whenever your series has ended or you're done with your story, it'll be placed in the 'completed fics' section. Other than that, you just post it in 'Non-pokemon fics' if it has nothing to do with pokemon or in the pokemon fanfics section.

If your fic has adult material in it make sure to put a rating and a warning in the thread and the title. Ask a mod if the rating goes beyond R.

Psycho

Brute Root
24th February 2006, 12:29 AM
Ok, but I still need to get the rating approved b/c of this rule: 4) DO rate your fanfiction in either the title or first post. The ABSOLUTE maximum rating is R but as said further down you must ask a mod about prior, we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

and this one: 17) As of now, if you wish to post a fanfiction of R rating or above, you must contact a member of the fanfiction moderation team, and we'll decide if its suitable or not.

My fan-fic won't be R...that I know of....but one guy in it gets wasted and violence occurs...should it then be rated R? or just PG-PG13?

Akilah Imani
24th February 2006, 12:33 AM
I say PG 13. Violence of senseless, and extreme levels with excrutiating detail merit the rating of R and beyond, in my oppinion. You should rate it for overall content and not just because of one scene (though take it into consideration while rating).

In simpler terms, what is the rating of your fic overall? Once you decide that, change it based upon some of your chapter's content. If a few of your chapters contain violenc/gore then giving the whole story a R rating isn't to sensible, considering the story's initial theme and setting.

Psycho

Brute Root
24th February 2006, 12:40 AM
Well, it's still in the planning stages and I don't really know how much violence will be in it....(that's bad I know but still). As of right now, that first chapter is the only one that will have violence...but that may change...but I can also PM a mod to change the rating.....right?

Akilah Imani
24th February 2006, 12:41 AM
Yes, you can do that, but try doing a little more to the story and have at least 85% of your mind made up when you do so. Don't change it over and over again after you've finalized things.

Psycho

Brute Root
24th February 2006, 12:44 AM
So that means *gets a spiral notebook an pencil* Rough Draft Time! W00t!

Xiang
24th February 2006, 1:55 AM
Next time when you have a question concerning fanfiction, you can post in the sub-forum, the Author's Cafe. Good luck by the way!

Virtual Headache
24th February 2006, 2:00 AM
Yeah, good luck with your fic :)

Answered and closed.