PDA

View Full Version : Disable Rating System?

blueguy
24th February 2006, 1:25 AM
Yo and hello... As a comic-maker, sometimes my thread's rating is vandalized, users choosing the '1' star rating in an attempt to lower my score. I dislike having my thread be rated, and having my comic be viewed with a lens of inadequacy, simply because of the rating of some careless passerby, so I was wondering if there are any hacks out there, or ways of making it optional whether or not your thread receives ratings or not. I would personally like to be free of this system, because it is, in my case, often abused and turned against me.

-blueguy

EDIT :: -_- I've decided that it was kind of stupid of me to care about how people rate the thread, but that still didn't warrant a few of the nasty comments I received. The thread can be closed.

Akilah Imani
24th February 2006, 1:31 AM
Okay. And? People are stupid and immature, welcome to the intarwebz :/

Most users don't pay attention to ratings and if they're curious they'll click.

I really don't see the point of the rating system, but those who are so easily warded off aren't to be missed or desired.

Psycho

Fox
24th February 2006, 1:34 AM
If you don't like the way people rate your threads via the rating system, there's one thing you can simply do. Ignore it.

Fiery Blaziken
24th February 2006, 1:35 AM
So? Just because your thread is rated 1, does that mean noone will come to it? Not much people care about ratings.
Now please stop female dogging about stuff.

Erus Black Mage
24th February 2006, 2:20 PM
just ignore it if you care about someone's opinions you need to die

Phaarix
26th February 2006, 11:59 AM
just ignore it if you care about someone's opinions you need to die

Need to die? >_> I often come to this forum simply to be free of immature talk like that (after having a years worth of it from the World of Warcraft forums)... Grow up.

Anyway most of the posts in this thread have been "I don't see the point in it" or "It doesn't mean anything anyway, so just ignore it". So considering that what IS the point in the rating system? I don't care either way - it doesn't bother me what someone thinks of my thread, but I can see where your coming from, and it is quite pointless. So I see no reason to keep it, I'd be happy to see it go.

Blazing Dragon
26th February 2006, 9:56 PM
The rating system is pretty useless. AMF, no 'rates' a thread anymore, save the people who give the lowest possible grade. I don't really care if a thread has 5 stars or not, 90% of all webbies don't use it.