PDA

View Full Version : Scyther: Worth Training?

~Shining-Metagross~
25th February 2006, 12:40 AM
I have a Scyther from XD, its a Lonely nature, with 105 attack points. It is completely untouched, and its a Pokemon ive been intrested in training for a while.
I was just wondering, what kind of move-set am I looking for/Ev training am I looking for, or should I breed for a completely different nature?

Current Moveset:
Razor Wind, Morning Sun, Silver Wind, Slash

hIrAm
25th February 2006, 1:03 AM
I love Scizor, so yes.

Alfonc
25th February 2006, 1:04 AM
I have a Scyther from XD, its a Lonely nature, with 105 attack points. It is completely untouched, and its a Pokemon ive been intrested in training for a while.
I was just wondering, what kind of move-set am I looking for/Ev training am I looking for, or should I breed for a completely different nature?

Current Moveset:
Razor Wind, Morning Sun, Silver Wind, Slash

If you are breeding for another one then go with this:

Scyther@Lum Berry
Jolly nature
Ev's 252 Attack/Speed,6 HP

Swords Dance
Silver Wind
Aerial Ace
Hidden Power:Ground/Double Edge/Steel Wing

If you are staying with your XD Scyther then go with this:

Scyther@Scope Lens
Lonely nature
Ev's 252 Attack/Speed,6 HP

Swords Dance
Morning Sun
Silver Wind
Slash/Aerial Ace

This Scyther is just to get Critical Hit's,it won't last to long since it's nature hinders Defense.

Hope that helped.

My XD Scyther is worse than yours Punk-Dude-Danny,it has a Bold nature and that takes Attack from it and gives it more Defense.*sigh*

pikadon92
25th February 2006, 1:06 AM
Lonley nature can lower your scyther's defence, that means a strong physical attack (especially super effective ones)can kill it. Either you evolve it, or make it a baton passer, something like this:
Sword Dance
Double Team
Arieal Ace
Baton Pass

Mr_Mime06
25th February 2006, 1:11 AM
I love how Scyther and Scizor look but i think they have horrible movesets.

TOY MACHINE
25th February 2006, 2:46 AM
ok

scyther is a bad dodrio

for both use

Choice band
adement/jolly

quick attack
return
hp:ground
aerial ace

somthing like that

or i guess bp scyther

swords dance
agility
silver wind
bp

Rudoku
25th February 2006, 2:55 AM
Lonley nature can lower your scyther's defence, that means a strong physical attack (especially super effective ones)can kill it. Either you evolve it, or make it a baton passer, something like this:
Sword Dance
Double Team
Arieal Ace
Baton Pass
Which you can't do because BP isn't on the XD Scyther. Scyther has crappy defense anyway so it's not like it'll survive any physical attack other than Earthquake, Dig, etc. I won't get into how much Double Team sucks, but it does.

pikadon92
26th February 2006, 7:50 AM
Which you can't do because BP isn't on the XD Scyther. Scyther has crappy defense anyway so it's not like it'll survive any physical attack other than Earthquake, Dig, etc. I won't get into how much Double Team sucks, but it does.
Double Teams sucks only for competative/linked battle, if I'm correct.

magnemiteZ
26th February 2006, 11:07 AM
No, Double Team sucks, Period

DemonScythe
26th February 2006, 11:53 AM
You have to breed Scyther if you hope to accomplish anything with it unless you resort to the likes of Haxor :x
Scyther makes decent for a reversaler due to its great speed with a Salac it easily obtains to 394+ speed and that 110 base Attack isn't half bad..
-Sub
-Reversal
-HPBug/Flying/Ghost
-Swordsdance
if you sub on status you practically get a free setup on this, its possibly the best thing it can do BP, CB, Slptalk, or plain stalling are all better left to Scizor..

Grandmaster Chao
26th February 2006, 2:38 PM
If ur goin to breed it try to go for a more powerful or happy nature. Wat ever u do don't give it Hyper Beam! It's a complete waist of time if u do. Good luck on training ur Scyther!

Eontios
26th February 2006, 3:26 PM
Sure, a scyther (if evolved into scizor) could be worth training. You might want to breed for a better nature. If you eventually evolve your scyther, this is the set that I'd suggest:

Scizor, Adamant, Leftovers
Silver Wind
Steel Wing
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance

As for the EV's, I'd put them in Atk, and Sp. Def

Lord of Ninetales
27th February 2006, 3:55 AM
There is actually no point in evolving Scyther. All you do is get another weakness and lose speed. That's about it. It's attack does not increase nor does it's health.

It's a decent Pokemon from training, but definately not something to use competitively.