PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Inuyasha Shipper Debate

Draco Malfoy
24th February 2006, 11:42 PM
Well, I first thought of specifically naming the ships to be debated in question, but since there are a lot of ships in Inuyasha, I decided to keep the thread general... for now at least. This is going to be a debate for the ultimate showdown of the most prominent ships in Inuyasha.

First Off, I'm going to go easy on you guys. I'm not going to bring out the big guns out just yet. So first off is...

Inuyasha/Kagome vs Miroku/Sango

So, which do you think is the better ship and more likely to happen?

But before we start, here are the rules. Please keep the rules or else Sango will pummel you with her Hiraikotsu if you do.

1) No bashing individual characters -
2) No bashing of ANY ships unless you have a VERY good reason why and it better be good
3) NO SPAM!!
4) Be respectful of other people’s beliefs and ideas.
5) Be friendly to everyone.
6) No swearing
7) State your reason of supporting your ship with clear reasoning.

Every ship will have their turn so don’t fuss. Beware as yaoi and yuri ships will most likely NOT be admitted in this thread to keep this thread "clean" Admitting Miroku dirties this thread enough as it is. Beware of the lecher.

EDIT: I am NOT changing the opponents any more. It's Inu/Kags vs Mir/San. Final.

intergalactic platypus
25th February 2006, 1:53 AM
Oooh this is gonna get nasty. Moreso then any pokemon ship, inyuasha ships breed hostility. For the record, its pretty obvious that the writers want Inyu/Kag, but doesn't mean everyone likes it and some people who hate it might say it won't happen, which will get ugly. I can't wait to watch *Grabs a tup of popcorn*

Misty-Fan-Forever
25th February 2006, 2:13 AM
Yep this will get ugly. Well the writers have done with making the series but the manga is still going I believe. Either way, I am pretty much sure Inuyasha and Kagome will end up together. Rumiko Takahashi pretty much has been writing it since the beginning and included a triangle to make it interesting. Inuyasha and Kikyo obviously loved each other but I doubt they would become a realy couple again. Inuyasha seems to have moved on (much later in the series) but still thinks of Kikyo.

But I believe that Inuyasha and Kagome will end up together even though in a way they already have. Neither of them has 'admitted' it to each other but they seem to have an understanding. I wish I could read the manga after the series ended so I know what happens next, but I still think Inu/Kag will become canon. And even though I am a Inu/Kag shipper, this wasn't written in a bias way. I don't hate Kikyo at all, I actually want her to have a 'happy ending' you know.

Draco Malfoy
25th February 2006, 5:37 AM
Mmm, I knew will be ugly, there is enough fighting going on about this at the Serebii.net Inuyasha Club already. But I was prepared and I'm going to try to tame this debate with an iron fist. Mm, maybe I'll just save IKA vs IKI for later. Yes, in fact I'm going to change IKA opponent.

intergalactic platypus
25th February 2006, 5:58 AM
Where have all the Inyu/Kik fans gone? Come on, I know you guys are out there so come to this thread or I might have to bribe you *breaks out bag of treats*

cold_katanagirl
25th February 2006, 5:11 PM
Woo I'm here.

Of those, Inuyasha/Kagome is obviously the canon favorite. As much as you whine about Sesshoumaru and Rin having chemistry, their evidence doesn't compare to Inuyasha and Kagome.

If Inuyasha/Kikyou comes into this, as much as I love the ship, I won't be arguing that it will happen. Because I don't think it will. All I'll be doing is debating against people who think Inuyasha and Kikyou never loved each other or whatever.

Hakajin
26th February 2006, 8:31 AM
I agree with ckg about the debate. A better debate would be Sesshoumaru/Rin vs. Kohaku/Rin, or something like that.

Draco Malfoy
26th February 2006, 8:56 AM
Oh fine, I was planning to reveal this one later but I'll have to bring out the big guns. No more complaints now. Okay? Check my first post now.

MarcmenX
26th February 2006, 11:06 AM
I still say Inu Yasha should have both Kagome and Kikyo, when you think about it they are the same person in a way >.> So InuYasha would not be "cheating" on either of them...

LONG LIVE THREESOMES!

cold_katanagirl
27th February 2006, 2:48 AM
.... Why Inuyasha/Kagome vs Miroku/Sango? They're both canon and have nothing to do with each other.

Draco Malfoy
27th February 2006, 11:08 AM
I know there are both canon. But that doesn't mean that can't versus each other. So repeat the question AGAIN. Which one of these couples do you like more? Inu/Kag or Mir/San?

cold_katanagirl
27th February 2006, 1:49 PM
If it's a debate based on which you like more, how is it a debate?

Draco Malfoy
27th February 2006, 7:46 PM
You must state your reasons why you like either Inu/Kag or Mir/San. That is a debate.

cold_katanagirl
27th February 2006, 11:36 PM
It sounds like all this thread is trying to do is force people to like one ship or the other.

I always figured the point of a shipping debate was to point out which is liklier to happen, not why you like them. That's more of a discussion to me.

Kiori
28th February 2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah...see... I don't see the point of having a debate on why people like this ship and another likes another ship, either. Moreover, I don't think this thread is going anywhere as it is now, besides the fact that some of us are being a little confused about shippers' debates. o.o Besides, stating the reasons why you like ships is precisely the kind of thing people should do when being asked what their favorite pairing(s) is/are.

*closes*