PDA

View Full Version : Naruto #25: "The 10th Question: All or Nothing"

Kanadian Kyuubi
25th February 2006, 1:42 AM
Last time on Naruto, Naruto learns that crystal ice mirrors, hidden mist demons, and every other thing are not enough to take down Naruto Uzumaki, but a written test is! One more question could bring Naruto down (with failure), but he doesn't know that "this test was made for cheatin'"..which is what everyone else is doing (even Sakura and Sauske!), hopefully the 10th and final question is enough for Naruto to at least get right! Will this be the end of the Chunnin Saga before we know it?

You can catch a repeat of last week's episode on Toonami tonight at 8:30pm, followed by this new episode at 9!

Programming note for next week, Naruto on YTV (among other things, *coughfullmetalalchemistattencouigh*) is moving to 8pm! DON'T FORGET IT!!!

Rival Teams to take note of:

Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara: Your not so friendly not so neighborhood sand ninjas, not so friendly because one of them likes death! But even worse, one of them can find wisdom in the bathroom!

Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji: Call them misfits, a strange guy, Sakura's even weirder rival, and a man who will do anything to keep eating his prefered brand of potato chips...seems weird but just wait if you see them in battle! :)

Rock Lee, Neji, and Tenten: Friendly, Tough, Cute, leaded by Guy; the weirdest Sensei in the world, these 3 are making their debut in the exams, but there are unfortunatly no superior advantages to having fuzzy eyebrows...:(

Shino, Kiba and Akamaru, and Hinata: A particulary strange team, an insect fanatic, a bragger with a very cute dog, and a verrrrry cute shy girl named Hinata

Hope this helps alot...

Veek
25th February 2006, 3:25 AM
Yayah, more chuunin exams! For those who don't know what's gonna happen, you'll probabaly in for a small surprise XD Pretty good, but they really should put the first exam part in one episode instead, meh. Just another week till the Forest of Death. Where things start actually moving.

Haruka's Swimsuit
25th February 2006, 3:27 AM
Programming note for next week, Naruto on YTV is moving to 8pm! DON'T FORGET IT!!!

No, no, no. It's REMEMBER IT!!!

Kasaioni
25th February 2006, 3:49 AM
Last time on Naruto, Naruto learns that crystal ice mirrors, hidden mist demons, and every other thing are not enough to take down Naruto Uzumaki, but a written test is! One more question could bring Naruto down (with failure), but he doesn't know that "this test was made for cheatin'"..which is what everyone else is doing (even Sakura and Sauske!), hopefully the 10th and final question is enough for Naruto to at least get right! Will this be the end of the Chunnin Saga before we know it?

Tonight at 9:30pm on YTV, catch a repeat of last week's episode on Toonami tommorow at 8:30pm, followed by this new episode at 9! Programming note for next week, Naruto on YTV is moving to 8pm! DON'T FORGET IT!!!dude, that never happened on ytv, there was inuyasha then naruto, no repeat

Ralts Master
25th February 2006, 4:13 AM
dude, that never happened on ytv, there was inuyasha then naruto, no repeat
Read more carefully. Toonami is the one airing the repeat...

Kanadian Kyuubi
25th February 2006, 2:11 PM
Don't you love the finales of written exams with cliffhangers? I am quite particular to the tricks of the trade, and this week we had the perfect example of being tricked; last week we learned that they'd have to get at least a question right to pass...and that the 10th question would be revealed with 15 minutes left, yes so...then it gets more confusing!

You are given a choice, don't take the last question, and fail your entire team, take the last question but get it wrong..you get eliminated and banned from the exam forever! Wow, this has gotten the best of Mr. Beleive It! Of course the stress of this decision led to not only more Hinata cuteness (HINATA!!!! YAY!!!), but some weird Naruto comments!

The big twist that suprised me the most was the truth about the 10th question, stay for it and you passed! There was no 10th question, as a confused Temari looks on (I was just as confused)

That new Anka girl is pretty cool, and her entrance was pretty hilarious, but this Forest of Death thing seems super cool, just like Smuckers; with a name like that it has to be good!

Next Week:
The Forest of Death begins, that's the only thing I know because the preview was barely this episode! The preview was clips of Konoharmaru's new squad from the "return to the village" episode that started this saga......

9/10

Rex Kamex
25th February 2006, 5:27 PM

Sasuke cheated, but Sakura never did. She was just smart enough to answer the first nine questions on her own.

Ralts Master
25th February 2006, 10:11 PM
Next Week:
The Forest of Death begins, that's the only thing I know because the preview was barely this episode! The preview was clips of Konoharmaru's new squad from the "return to the village" episode that started this saga......
Next episode's a recap, iirc.

Also, it's Anko, with an "o".

MachopGirl
25th February 2006, 10:41 PM
That proctor (I forget his name) knows how to mess up everyone's minds. He's doing so just to test how well the students could do with their ninja skills. Naruto slammed his hand on the desk and gave out a little speech, which enabled the others to grow a backbone. Of course, everyone is confused after the proctor mentioned that they had passed.

I thought Anko's voice matches her perfectly. Too bad Sakura is really annoyed by her appearance.

Kanadian Kyuubi
26th February 2006, 1:06 AM
No, the next episode is: "Special Report: Live from the Forest of Death", does this sound like a clip show? No, they are skipping it! Beleive It!

edit: OH NO! The japanese title is "Must Watch! Report before entering the Forest of Death!", THEY ARE!!!!! Never mind what I just said!

Brandon-kun
26th February 2006, 1:14 AM
No, the next episode is: "Special Report: Live from the Forest of Death", does this sound like a clip show? No, they are skipping it! Beleive It!

edit: OH NO! The japanese title is "Must Watch! Report before entering the Forest of Death!", THEY ARE!!!!! Never mind what I just said!

So you are saying that, that isn't an episode they are showing? I think that's what your saying

ShiningClefairy
26th February 2006, 3:32 AM
Arashi Anko is HOT! There, I said it first :D

edit: OH NO! The japanese title is "Must Watch! Report before entering the Forest of Death!", THEY ARE!!!!! Never mind what I just said!Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. That episode is pure filler, plain and simple.

Toran Frostbite
26th February 2006, 4:17 AM
Asuma kept his cigarette....and Anko's walking around in mesh? And then Kiba got away with saying 'bull'?

....Wow. Color me impressed.

Skiks
26th February 2006, 4:27 AM
Arashi Anko is HOT! There, I said it first :D
Damnit you beat me to it. ¬_¬
Ha I loved all their expressions when they figured out they could have passed without cheating. Anko's voice was awesome.

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
26th February 2006, 5:01 AM
The Hottest Naruto chick yet. A perfect voice for a perfect body *nosebleed* that alone gets the episode a perfect 10!

Veek
26th February 2006, 6:32 AM
*gets out her naruto-is-kawaii flag* He's just so awesome XD "You ahd to be a comlete doofus to not to figure it out" XD Hinata is just plain awesome. Gooooo Kiba(he anme makes me think of kibble) He half-cussed on tv! Anko is just AWESOME! She makes methink of naruto... or me XD her wardrobe disturbs me. Next up, Forest of Death! Where we meet the main villan. Who is it? I'm not telling :P

MarcmenX
26th February 2006, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=Kanadian Kyuubi
Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji: Call them misfits, a strange guy, Sakura's sister, and a man who will do anything to keep eating his prefered brand of potato chips...seems weird but just wait if you see them in battle! :)
[QUOTE]

... Ino is not Sakura's sister... what gave you that idea? Sure, they are rivals and fight alot (while at the same time caring for each other) but so do Naruto and Sasuke, but they aren't brothers >.>

I unfortunately did not get to see it, my sleep pattern recently changed and I fell asleep at 9... Bah X_X I missed Anko's voice!

Kanadian Kyuubi
26th February 2006, 2:29 PM
Edited it, now it's correct!

Haruka's Swimsuit
26th February 2006, 10:44 PM
Shikamaru, Ino and Chouji: Call them misfits, a strange guy, Sakura's even weirder rival, and a man who will do anything to keep eating his prefered brand of potato chips...seems weird but just wait if you see them in battle! :)

Yes, Ino-chan will give out sound thumpings to all.

Rock Lee, Neji, and Tenten: Friendly, Tough, Cute, leaded by Guy; the weirdest Sensei in the world, these 3 are making their debut in the exams, but there are unfortunatly no superior advantages to having fuzzy eyebrows...:(

...or (hair) buns or a blood relation to much more popular kunoichi.

Shino, Kiba and Akamaru, and Hinata: A particulary strange team, an insect fanatic, a bragger with a very cute dog, and a verrrrry cute shy girl named Hinata

What about Kin-chan and the fou- err, Sound Team? Clearly there's something up with them, yet I found it odd they didn't seem to appear in this latest episode...

And I agree, Anko did/does have a rather enjoyable voice.

Mimori Kiryu
28th February 2006, 2:29 AM
I enjoyed this episode thoroughly. It was great with all the people in it. <3 Anko is awesome. I've always loved her character. I agree with Sakura. She's a girl version of Naruto. xD

Not that I mind that. I like the shipping of Naruto x Anko. <3

Ralts Master
28th February 2006, 3:37 AM
Come to think of it, I heard that the scene in the near future with Anko licking blood off Naruto's face got edited out of the anime. Is that true?

Tenten
28th February 2006, 3:46 AM
Rock Lee, Neji, and Tenten: Friendly, Tough, Cute, leaded by Guy; the weirdest Sensei in the world, these 3 are making their debut in the exams, but there are unfortunatly no superior advantages to having fuzzy eyebrows...

...or (hair) buns or a blood relation to much more popular kunoichi.
...What? A blood relation to a popular kunoichi? And who, may I ask, is that "popular" kunoichi?

*sighs* What happens AFTER the Forest of Death will upset me. We will get more Temari lovers, Hinata fanboys, and TenTen disrespecters....=( Not that the first two are bad things, but yeah....

I should have pointed this out earlier. How come everyone's name was kept intact, except for GAI-sensei's? They spelled it Guy, and even the last name they displayed was wrong. Instead of "Maito" (as in Maito Gai), they changed it to something else.

Ralts Master
28th February 2006, 5:01 AM
And who, may I ask, is that "popular" kunoichi?
Hinata.

I should have pointed this out earlier. How come everyone's name was kept intact, except for GAI-sensei's? They spelled it Guy, and even the last name they displayed was wrong. Instead of "Maito" (as in Maito Gai), they changed it to something else.
I think that's the way his name's supposed to be spelled (he's even called "Might Guy" in an official databook or something, I believe)...

Kanadian Kyuubi
28th February 2006, 2:00 PM
Yeah, they dubbed Maito Gai as "Mighty Guy" or something like that...

Skiks
28th February 2006, 10:42 PM
Thats what it's suppose to be like. It's not really a dub error.

Zafie
1st March 2006, 4:00 AM
What was the 10th question anyway really? They just said it was to stay, but I think there was a different answer..

Kanadian Kyuubi
1st March 2006, 1:41 PM
The 10th Question was a trick, people thought it was actually a tough final question and chickened out, but if you stayed and "as described" risked your chance to ever enter the Chunnin Exams ever, you actually passed!

Zafie
1st March 2006, 3:05 PM
The 10th Question was a trick, people thought it was actually a tough final question and chickened out, but if you stayed and "as described" risked your chance to ever enter the Chunnin Exams ever, you actually passed! I know, but they should have made it a hard question...

fhqwhgads
1st March 2006, 3:43 PM
First things first: Gai, not Guy.
That was a cool ep. Kinda' a dumb end to the test, but meh.

Haruka's Swimsuit
1st March 2006, 10:34 PM
I know, but they should have made it a hard question...

No, the "tenth question" was a test of the taker's fortitude. Are you willing to risk everything, even if the odds are incredibly stacked against you, for victory?

Kamex
4th March 2006, 2:04 AM
The first proctor said this was his first year, right? So how come when Anko flew in, he said she was early again? Did they practice it or something?

Anyway, I'm hecka late because I forgot to review... well, cool episode. I like the tenth question bit.

10. Do you want to take the tenth question?

Right Answer: Yes!
Wrong Answer: No!

MugenKeiji
4th March 2006, 3:41 AM
Arashi Anko is HOT! There, I said it first :DEither way, I wouldn't worry about it. That episode is pure filler, plain and simple.

It's Mitarashi Anko genius.

Come to think of it, I heard that the scene in the near future with Anko licking blood off Naruto's face got edited out of the anime. Is that true?

I can verify that it only happens in the manga. In the anime version such an act would be considered too suggestive given that Naruto is a minor. Instead, she brushes it off with her finger.

Asuma kept his cigarette....and Anko's walking around in mesh? And then Kiba got away with saying 'bull'?

....Wow. Color me impressed.

That's not really a lot to keep in considering all the blood we see with Zabuza. Asuma's cigarette aside.

And they were able to say "bull" in the same context on Batman (Robin said it, the 14 year old Tim Drake one) and that's TV-Y7.

As for Anko's fishnets, it's almost a mosaic effect in on itself and it's not like the animators drew nipples on her (which is more of an ecchi animator's job). Also consider the fact that naked stone Ryoko was shown 6 years ago on Tenchi which was also rated Y7 on Toonami. Naruto being PG, this is fairly acceptable.

The Hottest Naruto chick yet. A perfect voice for a perfect body *nosebleed* that alone gets the episode a perfect 10!

Anko? Eh, she's alright as far as the Kishimoto designed canon Naruto girls go. I thought her voice was cool, though I think this would be her first anime role (like Haku's voice Susan Dalian, who's work is mostly on screen. Julianne Buescher, Anko's voice usually works as a puppeteer).

As for Kanadian Kyuubi, slow down and check your facts. I'm seeing that edit button taking too much abuse. Might I suggest less sugar?

Also regarding the exam, the reason why Naruto was able to pass with a blank paper is because Sakura and Sasuke supposedly got 100% on the written exams. The team needs 21 points to pass. Sakura and Sasuke were lucky not to get deductions and Naruto got to keep his 1 point for stepping up to the tenth question.

See after examinees go below 7 points, they fail and they all score as a team. This would mean the bare minimum is for each team member to have AT LEAST 7 points to pass the exam. Any lower than 7 and you're out.

At least I THINK that's how it works.

Zafie
5th March 2006, 5:09 AM
No, the "tenth question" was a test of the taker's fortitude. Are you willing to risk everything, even if the odds are incredibly stacked against you, for victory?
Yeah, it would make the Anime more fun to watch... Seeing more people put their hands up.