PDA

View Full Version : Jessie's Wobbuffet

Judai Yuki
25th February 2006, 6:54 AM
Why does she never tell it to use Mirror Coat again and i never seen it use Safeguard before.WHy doesnt it use its Destiny Bond if it know it?

Satoshi
25th February 2006, 7:10 AM
It was already implied that Musashi couldn't tell apart the effects of Mirror Coat and Counter, so she chooses not to use Mirror Coat and use the move that she's used to, Counter. And Sonansu simply just doesn't know Safeguard or Destiny Bond or Musashi just doesn't know it had those moves like since she didn't know that Sonansu could use it at first, I guess.

Torchic23
25th February 2006, 7:11 AM
The Wynauts on mirage island are obviously smarter. Remember in the episode when Jessie got Wobbuffet, the boy said the only move it could use was counter so............

Geki
25th February 2006, 7:12 AM
Well, why has she used Mirror Coat and Counter before then? Remember in the episode where Jessie accidently swaps her Lickitung for Wobbuffet she uses Mirror Coat on Ash's Chikorita and it nearly faints it? She's also used it in AG too. She should use it more.

MaskedManAbsolkid
25th February 2006, 12:14 PM
But I thought Jessie only found out about Mirror Coat when Duplica's Ditto used it? I know she used it in mid-late or late Hoenn though.

Gravy
25th February 2006, 12:58 PM
Well, why has she used Mirror Coat and Counter before then? Remember in the episode where Jessie accidently swaps her Lickitung for Wobbuffet she uses Mirror Coat on Ash's Chikorita and it nearly faints it? She's also used it in AG too. She should use it more.
It used Counter in that episode. No mention of Mirror Coat was ever made until the episode where Duplica made a cameo appearence, and even then Wobbuffet never actually used it. Infact it never used the attack until the episode "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt.", despite the fact Jessie never actually ordered the attack.

Edgekid Matt
25th February 2006, 1:46 PM
Does it actually know those attacks? For it to be able to use them.

V Faction
25th February 2006, 5:34 PM
It never actually learns them through leveling up. It sort of just 'knows' them (I'll have to check the Dex to confirm that one though).

Jessie's lack of using Destiny Bond, and lack of actually nailing the use of Mirror Coat and Counter, is generally chalked up to her low knowledge of Wobbuffet's attacks and her attitude towards it. Simply put, Jessie doesn't care enough about Wobbuffet to spend time learning about its attacks. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that she would avoid the very idea of training at all costs.

ghost master
25th February 2006, 6:14 PM
Well Jessie really doesnt care. I think Wobbufet knows the difference like it was explained in the duplica episode so I'm betting on even if Jessie orders counter against a special attack it'll use mirror move to reflect the attack back. Also I believe Wobbufet did use safeguard at one point. I think eventually Jessie will try a tiny bit with it. Probally if she were to use it in a contests. Remember when she used Seviper in her first contest and asked it to perform all these moves like water pulse. I think if she checked in that book again maybe it could learn moves like destiny bond.

ReallyOcean
26th February 2006, 8:41 PM
It was already implied that Musashi couldn't tell apart the effects of Mirror Coat and Counter, so she chooses not to use Mirror Coat and use the move that she's used to, Counter. And Sonansu simply just doesn't know Safeguard or Destiny Bond or Musashi just doesn't know it had those moves like since she didn't know that Sonansu could use it at first, I guess.
Why don't you use english names? This IS an english message board, and we ARE talking in english. Some of us don't know what you mean when you say the japenese names and we have to use context clues to figure out who is who.

ghost master
26th February 2006, 8:45 PM
Why don't you use english names? This IS an english message board, and we ARE talking in english. Some of us don't know what you mean when you say the japenese names and we have to use context clues to figure out who is who. I know your new here and all but everybody can understand by using context clues but people use the japanese names so much pretty much everyone knows who satoshi, haruka, masato, kasumi, musashi, kojiro, etc.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
26th February 2006, 8:48 PM
Why don't you use english names? This IS an english message board, and we ARE talking in english. Some of us don't know what you mean when you say the japenese names and we have to use context clues to figure out who is who.
we all have free speech. check out edward elric's signature about english pokemon names.

actually, wobbuffet used mirrror coat in Gotta Dance!, when it delfected the thunderbolt at the gang causing the baton to turn on again.

jessie just doesn't have the knowledge about it. she doesn't like it in the first place, and it's not going to leave the scene soon because it provides some of the comedy lines in the show.

ghost master
26th February 2006, 8:50 PM
she doesn't like it in the first place, and it's not going to leave the scene soon because it provides some of the comedy lines in the show. There's been a couple times that she has shown that she cares about it.

Satoshi
26th February 2006, 8:51 PM
TOO BAD.

Not everyone WATCHES and ENJOYS the same language versions. I use Japanese names because I'm used to them and occasionally I use American dub names.

And you shouldn't complain about something that's FRIGGIN STICKIED ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE. o:<

Don't get on my (and other users that happily uses the Japanese names) case about that ever again.

EDIT: Ack. Supposed to be on topic. >>;

jessie just doesn't have the knowledge about it. she doesn't like it in the first place, and it's not going to leave the scene soon because it provides some of the comedy lines in the show.
Doesn't mean she doesn't at least cares a little bit for it. o.o She's shown to have cared it occasionally. i remeber that she didn't bother to learn what other moves Habunake (Seviper if you people going to get on my case about that ) could use in that Contest episode, yet she still cared for it then (even though eventually, she learned more of it's moves other than Poison Tail). Musashi's just...not one to look into her Pokemon's moves. :p

Gravy
26th February 2006, 8:57 PM
actually, wobbuffet used mirrror coat in Gotta Dance!, when it delfected the thunderbolt at the gang causing the baton to turn on again.
I beg to differ. The red glow surrounding Wobbuffet indicates that it used a Counter attack to deflect the move.

I honestly don't see the point in Wobbuffet knowing both moves anyway, since they both seem to have identical effects. I'm sure Jessie does know about Mirror Coat, but its just a lot easier for her to bark out a single order when need be.

ReallyOcean
26th February 2006, 9:06 PM
TOO BAD.

Not everyone WATCHES and ENJOYS the same language versions. I use Japanese names because I'm used to them and occasionally I use American dub names.

And you shouldn't complain about something that's FRIGGIN STICKIED ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE. o:<

Don't get on my (and other users that happily uses the Japanese names) case about that ever again.
That doesn't mean EVERYONE should know them by heart. You're acting like everyone should know the names by just being on this forum because they're stickied.

You REALLLLY need to chill out. Seriously. Chill out. You're acting like I just killed someone. All I asked was a question, and you flew off the handle COMPLETELY. You can't tell me who I can "get on case" with.

Meowth
26th February 2006, 9:10 PM
There was a huge argument involving this a long time ago; you don't want to start it up again. Some people watch the japanese version and are more comfortable with using the original names. As annoying as it is, these people shouldn't have to change their ways to suit yours or mine. It's best to become familiar with at least the main characters' japanese names. If you're really curious, you can look up the names in the faq, or you can simply skip over the posts like I do.

Satoshi, that was a little uncalled for. This person is obviously new and doesn't know what's happened in the past. Give them a break.

As for the topic at hand, I really don't know. Jessie has never been such a great trainer and the fact that she only has Wobby use counter may be the writers' way of showing that.

Judai Yuki
26th February 2006, 9:35 PM
That doesn't mean EVERYONE should know them by heart. You're acting like everyone should know the names by just being on this forum because they're stickied.

You REALLLLY need to chill out. Seriously. Chill out. You're acting like I just killed someone. All I asked was a question, and you flew off the handle COMPLETELY. You can't tell me who I can "get on case" with.
YOU need to chill.A lot of peopel use japanese names deal with it Satoshi, Haruka,Kasumi.xD now i need to chill:P

pikadon92
27th February 2006, 9:16 AM
Jessie know the ;202; knows counter only, she forgotten about others.

ReallyOcean
27th February 2006, 11:25 PM
YOU need to chill.A lot of peopel use japanese names deal with it Satoshi, Haruka,Kasumi.xD now i need to chill:P
I didn't absolutely freak out on someone for asking a question though.

Chris
28th February 2006, 9:50 AM
This is stickied for a reason: http://forums.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=100333

Also, the reason Musashi hasn't ordered Mirror Coat is because the writers completely screwed up Counter's effects by having it come through when hit with special attacks. Thus making Mirror Coat rather useless. Sometimes Counter works, sometimes it doesn't.

I blame the writers.