PDA

View Full Version : Manga is useless! Kids don't read!

RomanMack
25th February 2006, 9:00 AM
...So says Al Kahn....

Take a look.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6310451.html?text=manga

Sigh... This is a very pathetic man.

Yamato-san
25th February 2006, 9:57 AM
wow... is Kahn trying to make himself look bad on purpose or what? Not only does he call manga disposable, but he underestimates the American public's children and their ability to read, and all at a graphic novel conference. Honestly, what kid hasn't read a comic? I wonder if this is the true reason that 4kids dubs paint over English text.

Chris
25th February 2006, 10:17 AM
And there you have it. The solid evidence for 4Kids' reasoning behind editing words off everything in their anime. Not because of other languages having these anime dubbed in their own language while edited by 4Kids. But because Al Kahn thinks kids don't read. :)

Explains why we have empty signs, textless books and pictures instead of words.

Shigeru-kun
25th February 2006, 10:37 AM
As much as this annoys me, the audience's reaction totally makes up for it.

Dogasu
25th February 2006, 2:13 PM
Transcription time:

Al Kahn: "Um...How do I say this without becoming...I think that the um...right now that the trend that I believe is gonna happen and if you look in the next five or six years - is that we're seeing in the Japanese anime companies. They're looking for co-production partners. They're looking for people who help them localize a show in its inception and create something that has a much more global reach coming out of the market. One of the issues that happens in Japan sometimes is that you get a show that has a lot of Japanese culture built into it. And that culture is hard to translate in France, in Italy, in Spain, in Germany. So what we're seeing now, and especially with the anime...animators - TOEI, uh, especially - where we have a number of joint ventures, we're developing new shows. One of them called Chaotic, for instance, which will be coming out worldwide in September. Which is being produced and written in Japan, but the pre and post was done in the U.S., as opposed to the usually when the pre and post is done in Japan they do it the animation , we get it, we do the post. Now we're doing the pre and post, and we're using them to add the sensibility, the spin, the look. But the story arc or the idea is our idea and it's being done in conjunction with other Japanese companies. So I think that's going to be a process. Every Japanese company I know of is looking for joint venture partners to do that. The second part will be, I think...will be complete co-productions where the...even the intellectual propery is co-owned, which is a totally foreign Japanese concept. They don't wanna give you any copyright, yet all the properties we're currently involved with are co-copyright holders. We own them in perpetuity - we won't go through another Pokemon experience - and, y'know, we will end up working more colla...more collaboratively with the Japanese to create something that can spin out for a long time.

My manga comment is...I think manga is a problem. It's a problem because we're in a culture that is not a reading culture. The kids today don't read. They never...they read less today. Every survey...they're watching more television, they're on the Internet more; and that content, although being king, is very disposable. Because the way content gets put out now, it's going to be put out free. More and more content will be available for free. You'll go to the Internet, you'll be able to download as many...we're-we're streaming most of our shows. The reason why we're streaming them: we want kids to watch them as much as they can so they get invested in a concept and go out and buy products. The products ain't free. The content is going to be free. And manga, in my mind, is trying to put a square...um...y'know, a square peg into a round hole in the United States. It will never be a big deal here. For kids that are into the computer, or the Internet generation. They're not going to read. They haven't read, so they're not gonna start now."

POKErUsAm
25th February 2006, 2:17 PM
i used to go to my public library and read manga all the time!
what an idiot,thinkin kids dont want to read.....wait

Guy
25th February 2006, 2:34 PM
Man, what an idiot...Ever heard of kid's books, Al Kahn?

Cipher
25th February 2006, 3:10 PM
So, Al, instead of trying to get the kids to read by bringing in mangas that may appeal to them, we should just ignore it and let non-readers not read? I'd have thought that with the excessive editing his company does, perhaps, in some twisted conservative way, they cared about kids and what they saw. That's obviously not true. They have no respect for kids, only money. Which is strange because they'll be missing out on profits they could have made from manga.

Thank you, Al Kahn, for displaying your belief that the U.S. is in fact the lowest of the low when it comes to intellectual endeavors. Great.

zonic the hedgehog
25th February 2006, 4:31 PM
What makes this even more sad is that Costa Rica
has a higher literacy rate than the United States. LOL.

The kids today don't read. They never...they read less today. Every survey...they're on the Internet more;

Umm, if you're on the internet, don't you still read? o_O

Gah, this makes me upset. Kids go to freaking schools where they READ.
Kids read ALL THE TIME.

If Sonic X or Pokemon is aimed at the average seven or six year old, I don't think a little text is going to hurt them, especially when there's actually a much wider audience that already knows how to read (I.E.: Teenagers, adults, and older children).

Also, the reason Naruto was so popular before the anime even debuted was because PEOPLE READ THE MANGA.
A lot of people. I can really remember that about in 6th or 7th grade, that everyone would be reading the first issues of Naruto in early American Shonen Jump.

Sigh... this is so upsetting; when a person insults a child's intelligence. -_-;

Skiks
25th February 2006, 4:59 PM
Oh wow I sure don't wanna read thats why I'm saving up to buy mangas. =D Al Khan should just be shot. Then maybe well get someone a bit smarter to be CEO of 4kids.

~Eon-Ryuu~
25th February 2006, 5:35 PM
My goodness, Al Khan is stupid! He probably thinks American kids are stupid, meanwhile he's the true retard.

P-fan
25th February 2006, 6:34 PM
Can't believe I'm hearing.

Here some I got cut from the article

Liza Coppola quickly responded by pointing out Viz Media's partnership with the Read for America literacy campaign. "Manga is a great medium to bring kids back to reading,"

I agree to that

Satoshi
25th February 2006, 9:00 PM
And manga, in my mind, is trying to put a square...um...y'know, a square peg into a round hole in the United States. It will never be a big deal here. For kids that are into the computer, or the Internet generation. They're not going to read. They haven't read, so they're not gonna start now."
You can't be into the internet if you don't know how to read. If you're on the internet, that means you've already started reading a LONG time ago. After reading that, I've REALLY realized that Al Kahn is truely a moron in many ways I can't count.

If Al Kahn thinks that kids are too dyslexic to read a little comic book like manga, then he really needs a knife shoved up his ***.

Luke Groundwalker
25th February 2006, 10:00 PM
Al Khan really deserves to get the sh*t beat out of him, and he needs to wallow in his ignorance as people laugh at him in his face. O_O

Really, this p*sses me off, a lot. For one, kids do read (even those long, boring books *rolls eyes*), it's just that pop culture and stupid teens makes it seem like kids are illiterate and too stupid to understand what they're reading.

And isn't manga easy to read in the first place? O_o I thought manga was more understandable than a long book with thousands of words?

Justineer
25th February 2006, 10:30 PM
Also, the reason Naruto was so popular before the anime even debuted was because PEOPLE READ THE MANGA.
A lot of people. I can really remember that about in 6th or 7th grade, that everyone would be reading the first issues of Naruto in early American Shonen Jump.

Totally. For me, I'd rather read the Naruto manga or watch it in Japanese with subtitles--both requiring reading!

That Scary Clefairy
25th February 2006, 11:28 PM
Why the hell is he even there in the first place? He not even in the manga industry. I really want to kill that overgloated bastard.....badly.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/7536/alkahn23vq.jpg
"HAHAHAHA....LOOK AT ME! I'M AL KAHN! I KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR KIDS!!! GO SHOOT ME YA *****!"

God, I really want to punch him in the face now.

Cipher
26th February 2006, 12:34 AM
http://www.cwpost.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/pr/press/2005/img/al_kahn2.jpgAh! That's one of the limited edition Turtle statues that were available for order in the Mirage comics a while back! I wanted one of those. Does this mean he's...*gasp*...read the Mirage comic books? There's blood in them! Blood! Not good for children. Most likely just a gift from Mirage.

Satoshi
26th February 2006, 12:37 AM
Why the hell is he even there in the first place? He not even in the manga industry.
What's the future of manga? Go ask the experts. At yesterday's ICV2 Graphic Novel Conference, insiders from the manga and anime industries weighed in with differing opinions on the market. Speaking on the manga panel were Mike Bailiff, senior v-p, ADV Films; Liza Coppola, v-p, Viz Media; Al Kahn, CEO, 4Kids Entertainment Inc.; Mike Kiley, publisher, TokyoPop; Dallas Middaugh, director of manga at Del Rey Books; John O'Donnell, CEO, Central Park Media; and Tomoko Suga, senior manager, foreign rights department, at Kodansha.
Technically, anime and manga industries were there...

I really want to kill that overgloated *******.....badly.
Everyone does.

Al Kahn should really keep his generalizations and crap to himself. Basically, he doesn't realize that it makes himself look worse than he already is. He even got the librarians hissing at him. This really does show how he (and the rest of 4kids) doesn't view children as anything other than profit feeders.

Slypher
26th February 2006, 12:39 AM
God, I really want to punch him in the face now.

Don't worry, this guy will:

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2735/finally39vz.gif

What suprises me the most, is how Kahn said something stupider then he did before, I didn't thought he could do it. Hey Khan, ever heard about Harry Potter? You know, that book alot of kids are not reading according to you logic.

That Scary Clefairy
26th February 2006, 12:50 AM
Slypher, that is awesome gif. I love you now. It's Kentaro from Fist of the North Star! Of course he'll punch Al Kahn, using his infamous quote: "You're already dead!".

Ok guys, no need to post that picture up again. We don't need an army of Al kahn pictures running around thos thread. Think of the children, guys!

Satoshi, you can delete the picture from the thread. I'll put that one up instead to match the quote.

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th February 2006, 1:06 AM
Man, what a *******.

Shame his view is so popular, though.

Heracross
26th February 2006, 1:27 AM
I just love how he's helping the problem. If children don't like to read, wouldn't the logical solution be to find a way to get them to like it? Maybe he's just trying to make them as ignorant as he is.

Satoshi
26th February 2006, 2:04 AM
I just love how he's helping the problem. If children don't like to read, wouldn't the logical solution be to find a way to get them to like it? Maybe he's just trying to make them as ignorant as he is.
No. Worse. So that they wouldn't buy manga so the sells for their edited DVDs can go up. :rolleyes: Since kids watching the anime that they edit boosts the sells of their manga counterparts. Thus, leading those children to like the manga better, which leads to the downfall of their "dubbed" anime sells.

Heracross
26th February 2006, 2:15 AM
That doesn't make sense. If they sold manga too it would just be one more thing to make money from. You'd think that would be appealing to a man who thinks with his wallet.

Shigeru-kun
26th February 2006, 2:22 AM
That doesn't make sense. If they sold manga too it would be one more thing to make money from. You'd think that would be appealing to a man who thinks with his wallet.
I've thought about that too, but let's just thank God he doesn't. Editing manga is much easier than anime and the last thing I want is to see is a total series changed in BOTH it's formats.

Can you imagine if 4kids translated both the One Piece anime and manga? That'd be terrible. At least we have the manga right now.

MarcmenX
26th February 2006, 12:28 PM
... I just read this and it's official

4KIDS is running a scheme to make kids illeterate (can't spell) so that way parents will have no choice but to call "Hooked on Phonics" and make their kids read...

kidding, but seriously

Al Kahn is a f*cking moron, he fears what he can't understand, in his case: READING! Just becuase he can't read doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't be able to >.>

Alfonso
26th February 2006, 1:50 PM
Hold on.

So kids don't read?

So why aren't the companies who produce Spiderman, Batman and all the other various American Superhero comics go bankcrupt? Why are there still conventions and fans?

What about YGO cards? They require kids to read to know the effects?

Al Khan is a parasite on what I hold dear. He needs for someone to hit him. Hard.

Eon Chao
26th February 2006, 2:25 PM
What a fething moron.

That's both a dumb statement and bad marketing. Someone really needs to take a large (and preferably rusty) axe to his head. Honestly what a moron.

HK
26th February 2006, 7:09 PM
Ironically enough, I can't say that I'm truly p*ssed off by this. When I first read it, I wanted to scream bloody murder like the rest of you... but I then realized that this is just the final piece of evidence to prove that Al Kahn is a complete moron whose only hope of breaking the cycle of his stupidity is having fans (or perhaps people in general) beat the crap out of him, piss, sh*t, and any other "inhuman" act that you can begin to fathom and then string him up by his old shriveled balls up a flag pole. It will make what happened at Abu Grave look like a honest to goodness daycare center.

... And here is a person who isn't that mad at Kahn's remarks.

On another note, I do applaud the fact that the majority there seemingly disagreed with his statement and some even vocalized their opinion. We need more of that nowadays since Kahn cares nothing more than to disrespect the medium that anime and manga hold as their own, as well as refer to "kids" in such a condescending way.

MugenKeiji
26th February 2006, 7:35 PM
repeat post

But the show stopper on the panel was Kahn, who grabbed everyone's attention when he announced that manga is more of a content problem than a content solution because the U.S. is not a reading culture and American children aren't readers. And in case anyone missed it, he repeated it several times: "U.S. kids don't read!"

[MK]Well, I hope you don't fund an anime based on Harry Potter.

That seemed to really tick off the audience, particularly the librarians—there was even some hissing.

[MK] Wha-wha-what? Normal people? In business? TICKED AT KAHN? *pinches self* No, I AM awake.

After the provocative statements, Kahn's point was that entertainment firms need to think beyond print to digitizing content for a generation that will get most of its content electronically.

[MK] Digitizing comics usually works to promote a work but HARDLY is it found to download. Unless this guy is refering to scanlations

"The content is disposable," Kahn said. "More and more of it is available for free."

[MK] Just because there are 4-Koma manga on certain sites and promo manga for games like Cave's "Ibara" doesn't mean it's representative of all manga artists, but you wouldn't KNOW that would you?

He noted that many people in the U.S. walk around with MP3 players or other electronic devices, whereas in Japan, everyone on the subway seems to have a "3,000-page manga."

[MK] (imitating Megaman X voice) WARNING! WARNING! ALERT THE STEREOTYPE POLICE! Seriously this guy has tunnel vision, especially when he's talking in a panel where there are people who are working in the manga industry. Some of those same people MAY have took a better look at the people than Kahn (you know, being cultural observant in order to write down footnotes)

[MK]People in Japan have iPods just like we do. Manga is hardly a medium more popular than music.

As a matter of fact, what the Scrooge McDuck was Al Kahn doing at a MANGA panel in the first place. Last time I checked, this crudsucking fatso butchers ANIME not MANGA.

This guy acts like Japanese mediums would suffer without him and it's his job to make everything right. This uncultured screw-up acts like just because he lived in an age where such culture that was un-American is confusing. Explain to me why music artists are so interested in Japanese culture, explain to me why Sushi is becoming an "in" thing, explain to me why Kill Bill made a hit in the box office (an American production but Tarantino is influenced by anime).

Isn't America supposed to be a "Melting Pot" Heck where I live, there are streets rife with culture. Mission Street is a heavily Latino influenced neighborhood, there's Chinatown and Japantown, 3rd Street is a heavily black neighborhood if not then Fillmore, there's a Little Italy a couple blocks away from the Piers. Heck Los Angeles has a Koreatown. Yeah the world outside of California might not be so cultured but at the same time it's not something you can ignore.

The times have changed Kahn. If anything, you should tell J.K. Rowling that kids don't read in the most a--hole way...preferably when she's having her period. I'd like to see the look on your face in the aftermath.

It's amazing, just when I thought there was a limit, this guy absolutely knows how to break it.

Well, gotta go to work.

Kez
27th February 2006, 7:15 PM
I was sure that i posted something in this thread aleady, but meh.

I think that the man doesnt know what he is talking about. I mean, manga is a great way to get kids to read, and if it is true that American Kids dont read, then why is the industry growing? You would think that, sunce manga and anime are closly related, he would have repect for both, and doensnt he know that manga is the reason anime was created. I mean, anime is said to be manga in motion. At least, that is what i heads on a documentary. XD

Yamato-san
28th February 2006, 5:05 AM
The times have changed Kahn. If anything, you should tell J.K. Rowling that kids don't read in the most a--hole way...preferably when she's having her period. I'd like to see the look on your face in the aftermath.

Quoted for humor. XD

Hey, isn't 4kids losing profits right now? I'd just love to see how the company's gonna do after Kahn destroyed his public image even further.

Tenten
28th February 2006, 6:55 AM
But the show stopper on the panel was Kahn, who grabbed everyone's attention when he announced that manga is more of a content problem than a content solution because the U.S. is not a reading culture and American children aren't readers. And in case anyone missed it, he repeated it several times: "U.S. kids don't read!"
*sighs* Honestly, what a pity. He doesn't use common sense, no less his brain. Sure, it is a growing problem that kids aren't reading anymore, but based on his statement, he's basing his so-called "facts" on stereotyping. Like people mentioned, look at how popular Harry Potter is.
Guess who the majority of people who read Harry Potter are? Kids.

Liza Coppola quickly responded by pointing out Viz Media's partnership with the Read for America literacy campaign. "Manga is a great medium to bring kids back to reading," she asserted. She also noted the positive response from librarians to manga.

In all actuality, manga actually encourages reading. That's true. I know from personal experience, since I used to dislike reading and so did my friends. Now, we're reading so much, we need to go to the library every so often.

Manga isn't exactly all pictures, you know. There's dialogue in it, too. I doubt Al Kahn even reads manga himself.

Chibi
28th February 2006, 2:27 PM
...... Rawr....... Okay, I'm pretty angered at Al Kahn. In my class we have to log how long we read per week. I read an average elevin hours a week. Yup, we kids don't read -_-;.

Erus Black Mage
28th February 2006, 3:08 PM

OMG THEN EVERYDAY WHEN I GO BY THE LIBRARY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE READING ARE ACTUALLY MIDGETS OMFG

That seemed to really tick off the audience, particularly the librarians—there was even some hissing.

USA is finally relizing al kahn is a shitwad

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
28th February 2006, 8:34 PM
...... Rawr....... Okay, I'm pretty angered at Al Kahn. In my class we have to log how long we read per week. I read an average elevin hours a week. Yup, we kids don't read -_-;.
agree:)

1.Kid's read at school
2.kid's read on the Internet
3.Kid's even write letter's to them self's..And read them^^;

I see Kid's never read never even when that guy say's so he ain't gonna change enything in the manga world..

Kez
28th February 2006, 9:19 PM
Well, i supose that he hasnt even picked up a manga before. I mean, it really is a good way to get kids to read. I have to say, that i am reading much more since i started reading them. I think that they are great.

I personally hope that 4kids ghoes bust, then maybe we will get some company who half knows what they are doing. Maybe now there will be a company who has a passion for what they are doing. Not making it hard for themselves and complaining about it.

I also do not like there attitude that they are the only ones who dub anime in english and make it sound like they are responasable for the increase in popularity.

Kurama
1st March 2006, 2:36 AM
me to kez............................................... .............

Satoshi
1st March 2006, 4:06 AM
I also do not like there attitude that they are the only ones who dub manga in english and make it sound like they are responasable for the increase in popularity.
Dub manga? No, they dub anime. Although everything else in this sentence, I agree with.

Kez
1st March 2006, 6:22 PM
Oops. I was thinking about manga so much, that is what I typed. I am such an idiot. But i stand ny everything else i said. I am going to edit that now.

me to kez............................................... .............
could you please tell me what you are trying to say?

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st March 2006, 8:35 PM
I love Al Khan, I mean, as in the "US KIDS DON'T READ" is the most hillarious quote I have heard. (Check my Avatar Message). We need a Khan avatar.

Seriously though, this guy needs to be fired.

MugenKeiji
2nd March 2006, 4:31 AM
Kahn runs 4Kids, he can't be fired.

The worse that will happen would be that 4Kids' shareholders get mad and then forget about the whole thing a second later.

Then Kahn goes back on his word somehow.

Kurama
2nd March 2006, 4:38 AM
manga rock you suck

Konosuke
2nd March 2006, 8:52 PM
and JUST when i thought he couldnt make himself look any worse, he surpise's me...wow....even librarians hissing...if you piss of a librarian of all people, you MUST be doin somethin wrong.

If he thinks kids dont read, then he NEEDS TO GET HIS EYES AWAY FROM THE ****ING TUBE THEN!!! Kids read! I know people who read TONS of manga, me bein one of them! (im 16, so i aint really a kid ^^;; )

But yes, kids read. And to say that kids are on the internet.....if you can get on the internet just fine, then you are reading at a 5th grade level.

And to say manga is worthless, not exact words but implied. He should respect where anime essentially comes from!

Al Kahn is a stereotypical *******!

Kez
4th March 2006, 4:47 PM
I completly agree with you Konosuke , i mean, he must not really look at anything beyond what he does. That shows that he does not really know what he is talking about.

And there is no way that manga is for kids only, i mean, there are books, like chobits, which are classified as OT, and there is no way that they were aimed at kids, well, they maybe were, but a lot of the stuff, kids wouldnt understand.

And akamaru, although what you post it very true, and i agree with all 4 words of it, there is no point in making a post if you are not going to add to the conversation.

Kurama
4th March 2006, 5:13 PM
sorry:D :D :D

Kez
5th March 2006, 9:37 AM
Hey, im no mod. I am not trying to act like one, i just thought that i would point it out.

Anyway, bak on topic.
I wonder what effect this comment will have on 4kids. I mean, if the creaters of anime based there anime on manga, and the person whjo owns 4kids dislikes anime, and thinks of it as pointless. Do you think that this will be a downward spiral for them? I mean, do you think they will be able to get liscences for new anime which are based on manga?

Nathan Madien
5th March 2006, 3:31 PM
Hey, im no mod. I am not trying to act like one, i just thought that i would point it out.

Anyway, bak on topic.
I wonder what effect this comment will have on 4kids. I mean, if the creaters of anime based there anime on manga, and the person whjo owns 4kids dislikes anime, and thinks of it as pointless. Do you think that this will be a downward spiral for them? I mean, do you think they will be able to get liscences for new anime which are based on manga?

I'm just glad 4Kids isn't the only dubbing company we have. At least we have some, most notably Bang Zoom! Entertainment and Geneon, who actually care about anime and therefore put out decent dubs.

That Scary Clefairy
5th March 2006, 8:44 PM
I'm just glad 4Kids isn't the only dubbing company we have. At least we have some, most notably Bang Zoom! Entertainment and Geneon, who actually care about anime and therefore put out decent dubs.
Bang Zoom! is a dubbing studio not company.

Kurama
6th March 2006, 3:42 AM

Anyway, bak on topic.
thats ok kez

~Ghostwriter~
6th March 2006, 4:09 AM
"US kids don't read."

Ha. That's why one of my favorite places in the world is a library; that's why I want to be a writer; that's why I like FF.net; that's why the programs I'm most familiar with on a computer are the word processors.

But US kids don't read. That's why I could down a 200-page book in 5 hours - and that was when I was eleven. ELEVEN, people.

And who does he think he is, making such a broad generalization like that? Sheesh. Oh well, he's only making a fool of himself and an embarrassment of his company. Blockhead.

~Ghostwriter~

Nathan Madien
6th March 2006, 4:58 AM
"US kids don't read."

Ha. That's why one of my favorite places in the world is a library; that's why I want to be a writer; that's why I like FF.net; that's why the programs I'm most familiar with on a computer are the word processors.

But US kids don't read. That's why I could down a 200-page book in 5 hours - and that was when I was eleven. ELEVEN, people.

And who does he think he is, making such a broad generalization like that? Sheesh. Oh well, he's only making a fool of himself and an embarrassment of his company. Blockhead.

~Ghostwriter~

I suppose Enron wasn't the only company with a questionable CEO.

Ghostwriter...I miss that show.

Wes
6th March 2006, 6:00 AM
Heh. I'm so glad I brought this article up in the other thread. yes people. Mr. All Kahn has proven that he and his company clearly show no respect towards the work they work with and care all about the dough they rack in for themselves. I feel annoyed by the fact that he says people of the United States don't read and thinks were all fools. What a corporate pest.

Kasaioni
6th March 2006, 2:09 PM
hey, i read the manga, but probobly only because the series(inuyasha) stoped in the anime and continued in the manga:)

ZGDK
15th March 2006, 10:47 PM
This just brings us to another point, people keep saying kids hate to read. I love to read, now I like Action/Adventure but I wouldn't read a manga about love and other related topics. People like it when the truth is stretched in a way.

pikachu_rocks19
19th March 2006, 5:35 PM
This guy is really stupid. More stupid then jessica simpson he's anti-manga

Pika Hikari KT
19th March 2006, 10:55 PM
*ahem* KHHAAANNNN~!!!`1~

Really, it's called GRADE SCHOOL READING, Khan. Hear of it?!:@ I'm thoroughly offended by this--I started reading around two(yes, you read right). And what's worse, half of the shows on both channels are Shonen Jump titles(Shaman King, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh) or video game spinoffs(Pokémon)! And I won't even start on Ninja Turtles...

What he said was stupid, and he should recieve infinite hell for it.:@

Grammer
19th March 2006, 11:09 PM
What a dumbarse, without manga, alot of animes would never existed, thus his (crappy) company would have never existed. He argues like a damn 4 year old, so I'm not suprised they target animes over here to 4 year olds.

Jesus Al, what do you think kids are learning in school? I must admit I laughed at the first sentence, "Ask the EXPERTS" Yeah, like hell.

Nathan Madien
20th March 2006, 4:58 AM
To think that Cartoon Network has embraced Japan while 4Kids view Japan as rather dangerous to children.

Kabuto
20th March 2006, 5:13 AM
He is such a dumba**. No wonder why he butchered his anime. Geez, if you don't like Manga, you can't like anime.

Nathan Madien
20th March 2006, 5:55 AM
He is such a dumba**. No wonder why he butchered his anime. Geez, if you don't like Manga, you can't like anime.

Especially since a lot of animes get their start in mangas.

Konosuke
20th March 2006, 7:39 AM
At least their sales are going down. See what happen's when you insult your demographic, Kahn!

skiboydoggy
20th March 2006, 8:52 AM
Erm... I would like to add that it is possible to like anime while not liking manga. It's called the BOOM! FLASH! POW! factor.
At any rate, I thank god that the only 4kids influence we have in Singapore is Pokemon. One Piece is dubbed by our own companies... HAH!

Sachiko
28th March 2006, 10:29 PM
Well, thanks for rubbing that in!!! ^^

Al Khan should just be shot. Then maybe well get someone a bit smarter to be CEO of 4kids.

That's my dream job...
(not)

Digitize information??? And erase text in anime??? That'll sure get kids to appreciate books more. I agree with you people: Al Khan has issues. I can't stand the guy. Then again, who can?