PDA

View Full Version : Who has a Japanese Red?

Guy
25th February 2006, 2:58 PM
Seriously. Some people have green, so some people must have the other game of that generation. I don't see why green should get more attention than red. Anyway, who has it? (if you didn't understand me, the japanese version)
P.S.: I don't.

PikaChuu
26th February 2006, 1:42 AM
Uhmm, I have the red english pokemon..

_confused

RaZoR LeAf
26th February 2006, 3:46 PM
*edits title so it's not blatently misleading*

Luxuria
26th February 2006, 3:58 PM
I don't see why green should get more attention than red. Anyway, who has it?
Maybe because you could only get Green in Japan. It never came out in the U.S.A. Blue was like green version in a way. And just so I don't get flamed at for going off topic, no I don't. I have english Red, Blue and Yellow though.

Guy
26th February 2006, 4:45 PM
*edits title so it's not blatently misleading*
Blatantly is spelled with an A, not an E.

Maybe because you could only get Green in Japan. It never came out in the U.S.A. Blue was like green version in a way. And just so I don't get flamed at for going off topic, no I don't. I have english Red, Blue and Yellow though.
But it still doesn't make sense to me. If Red and green are as the same as red and blue were, why should Red be more rare than green?

killerjaw01
26th February 2006, 9:41 PM
I have green, red and yellow (japanese versions). Is Red more rarer than Green? I thought they would be equal.

RaZoR LeAf
27th February 2006, 12:18 AM
Blatantly is spelled with an A, not an E.

But it still doesn't make sense to me. If Red and green are as the same as red and blue were, why should Red be more rare than green?

Oh no, I spelt something wrong. Please do excuse my inability to spell everything perfectly, what was I thinking. ¬¬

PikaChuu
27th February 2006, 2:28 AM
I have/used to have Yellow, Blue, Red, Crystal. All English versions. I played
Green though somewheres...

Guy
27th February 2006, 10:08 PM
Is Red more rarer than Green? I thought they would be equal.
Yeah, that's what I was saying. But it seems to be so since you're the only one that claims to have it.

Saph
27th February 2006, 11:59 PM
The reason why these predominantly english-speaking forum posters don't have the japanese Red is becauyse there is no point. Green was never released in the US or the UK, so having a Green version would be much more desirable than a japanese Red. I'm sure there are as many people in Japan with Red than there are green.

muckers
4th March 2006, 11:30 AM
I spied up a cart only version of it on eBay going very cheaply. I was too slow though. ¬_¬

Still, I have Japanese G/S with Japanese Yellow (boxed, mint) and Blue (cart only) on the way. ^_^

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
4th March 2006, 1:15 PM
I have a jap red! got it from my local import store for Ł3 (it was second hand)

and seeing as I can't read jap, I stopped playing during viridian forest with a level 10 Bulbasaur, level 5 caterpie and level 6 weedle

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th March 2006, 1:47 PM
Sherlock Shuckle, why don't you buy an English Red, and play it at the same time? Then you'll be able to see what's happening. You may even be able to find something that was taken out in the English Red.

Guy
10th March 2006, 1:10 AM
The reason why these predominantly english-speaking forum posters don't have the japanese Red is becauyse there is no point. Green was never released in the US or the UK, so having a Green version would be much more desirable than a japanese Red. I'm sure there are as many people in Japan with Red than there are green.
However, Japanese Red is to Japanese Green as Red is to Blue. You still experience the differences than RB.

JuicyPaperclip
26th March 2006, 8:26 AM
I have the Japanese green version. I went to Japan on the hols (ILOVE IT TO DEATH). It's alright. I can read bits and peices but im not at the stage where I can understand completely whats going on. I got it for about US $1 and Australian which is moi for about $2.30. It was 250 yen I dunno the exchange rate but anyways it was CHEAP!! :D

Guy
26th March 2006, 12:57 PM
Just let me remind you all that this thread is meant to be about Japanese Red, not Green ;)