PDA

View Full Version : Shiftry

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 2:05 PM
Right, I wanted to get some advice on Shiftry here before posting the rest of my BF team. I wanted a nice UU Pokemon, that used grass moves (Preferably Sunny-Beaming), And possibly some Dark Moves. (ps, I don't want a Physical Sweeping Shiftry)

Shiftry@ (Unsure, but mabie Salac Berry)
Trait-Chlorophyl
Nature-Modest
Evs-252 Sp Attack, 200 Speed, 58 HP
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Faint Attack
-Endure/Leech Seed (I am not sure here. I would like Leech seed, but then I would have to go for Sub too. Endure is the reason I wanted the Salac Berry on it)

Any help would be nice.
Cheers

Atomic Boo
25th February 2006, 2:10 PM
Ill just post the one i said to you earlier...

Shiftry@ Not sure
Trait-Early Bird
Nature-Timid
Evs-252 Sp Attack, 200 Speed, 58 HP
-Giga Drain
-Extrasensory
-Faint Attack
-Rest

It's only utilising the Early Bird with rest, the Sunnybeaming set is better.
Im only posting this as it's a possibility, not the best

Lavita
25th February 2006, 2:35 PM
You would have to go for this:

[Early Bird] @ Leftovers
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break
- Rest

Or:
[Chlorophyll] @ (Up to you)
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Fake out
- Brick Break / Shadow Ball

You would have to choose from one of these. Both sets works nice.

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 2:46 PM
I don't want a Physical Sweeping one, so the first one is out. Fake out sounds like a good Idea.

But did you have to be so, "You MUST have either one of these, there are no other options"?

Lavita
25th February 2006, 3:01 PM
I don't want a Physical Sweeping one, so the first one is out. Fake out sounds like a good Idea.

>But did you have to be so, "You MUST have either one of these, there are no other options"?<

Oh sorry, i didn't mean it like that, but the sets i posted would have to be the best ones really.
Chlorophyll Trait is a MUST for the SunnyBeamer, but maybe you could make something like:
Trait: Chlorophyll @ Leftovers
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Leech Seed
- Brick Break (or for Special Sweep: Shadow Ball) / Fake Out

You can choose Brick Bream for the last move, or Shadow Ball for Special Sweep! But Fake Out works great with the Chlorophyll Trait when you have Sunny Day'ed.
And Leech Seed + Leftovers works, more or less, great on that one.

Freakshow
25th February 2006, 3:06 PM
You guys are forgetting the most obvious move: Explosion

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 3:10 PM
It is Ok, don't worry about it.

I agree about the Chlorophyll. Defo.
Sunny beaming only works on things with Chlorophyll.
But I could reduce the Speed Evs down to swap it around with the HP ones. (200 HP, 58 Speed) cos After a Sunny Day, Shifty outruns almost everything with only about 8 Evs :p. But that will make a sunny day absolutely vital.
Shiftry does have good HP also, this combats his appauling defences. So if I raise the HP enough, I might actually be able to survive a couple of attacks.

I think I will go for Fake out over Endure/Leech Seed. For it would be good for a quick flinch (that would do a great deal of damage with Shiftry)!

*edit*
Yeah, I looked at Explosion, but I... I don't really Like it.
What would it replace?

Lavita
25th February 2006, 3:11 PM
You guys are forgetting the most obvious move: Explosion

Yeah, but thats for the CB version, like this:

@ Choice Band
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Fake Out
- Explosion

That one really hurts, but isn't that fun.

Freakshow
25th February 2006, 3:13 PM
The sunnybeam version can also Explode pretty well
Sunnybeam away, and when you think it has done its job, just Explode, and it still does a wreckage
Shiftry @ Leftovers
Modest nature
Trait: Chlorophyll
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day
-Explosion
-Fake Out/Brick Break/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power [Ice]/[Fire]/Extrasensory

Fight Master, you underrate Explosion. 500 Power is (how should I describe this.....?)

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 3:17 PM
hehehe, That does Sound rather fun.
>Sunny Day
>Solar Beam
>Explosion

I will probably go for that then.
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Explosion
-Endure

Lavita
25th February 2006, 3:17 PM
Yeah, but personally i don't like Explosion that much.

About Endure, whats the plan with that?

Freakshow
25th February 2006, 3:19 PM
Endure + Salac Berry
More like Petaya if you do use Endure

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 3:20 PM
Yeah, that could be paired with an Explosion. I could give it the Leichi Berry, Endure an attack (after the Sunny Day etc) and then Go in for a Super Explosion!

Lavita
25th February 2006, 3:22 PM
Aha! got it now.

The set you just posted, Fighting Master, seems nice, but that Explosion is not so much worse without CB, it's kinda risky, you could also think of Fake Out instead.

Freakshow
25th February 2006, 3:33 PM
Fake out only works on the 1st turn.
Explosion isn't risky, He gets top blow up on an opponent he might have troubles with (Hi Salamence)

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 3:41 PM
LoL, I hate Salamence!

I was having trouble understanding your post Lavita, Cos when you said Fake out after I endured and Leichi Berried (Is what I assumed you meant), That made no sence, cos that would require a switch out then back in again to work. But nevermind.

Explosion is the comple opposite of Risky (I agree with AirLock200 here), cos you just blow your self up when you are threatoned by anything!

Lavita
25th February 2006, 5:16 PM
Sorry for misunderstandings, Fighting Master.

I'm saying my personal meaning now, Explosion is not so much worse, since it will mess up your partner in 2on2 battles. And by the way, you might blow up and deal a lot of damage, but then again, if you don't kill the enemy, it's bye bye Shiftry without killing anyone but yourself, wich makes no sense at all.
Then again, if you feel threatened, you need to predict, you need to switch to another pokémon that stands a chance, a pokémon that has a big advantage and can kill it, an you will still have Shiftry ALIVE, to deal with some other things.

There are just some pokémon that are made for Explosion, a good example would be Nosepass.

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 5:24 PM
Well, Let me just say this now, Shiftry is far from my best Pokemon, and loosing him once or twice wont damage my chances of winning too much.

Yeah, Nosepass is a good Exploder.

Atomic Boo
25th February 2006, 5:28 PM
I believe the reason you are getting Shiftry is because you need a Grass mon to prevent Swampert ownage, if you've exploded him, you have nothing to defend against it. Personally, i wouldn't go for Explosion, if your going for 2v2 battles.

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 5:30 PM
I still have the sunny beaming-ness.

But you are right, Cursepert (mainly) was the only thing I could not take down. But Exploding is a good Idea IF there is no Swampert, Or the opponant is down to their last Pokemon (assuming I have one spair).

Freakshow
25th February 2006, 5:44 PM
IN 2v2, you can just Have Shiftry's ally a Ghost or a protector.
Since this is ingame anyway, you know when to send in Shiftry

magnemiteZ
25th February 2006, 5:49 PM
I wont be using him in too many 2 vs 2 battles because of that exect reason. I dont have any Ghosts, and only 1 Protector. I have an Endurevving Hera' too, and that could be a usefull technique... But that is for another day.