PDA

View Full Version : YGO Deck-Type Names!

Monkey D. Luffy
26th February 2006, 12:58 AM
You all know the deck-type names in YGO, for example, Stall Decks, Lock Decks, etc... I dunno their definitions so well, can anyone please give me their definitions?

NEO GOHAN
26th February 2006, 1:58 AM
well, I know burn uses card effects to quickly/massively hurt your opponent, lock has to do with limitting what cards your opponent can use (negating/preventing), and I think Beatdown simply focuses on powerful stats to wipe the floor with your opponent. but other than those, I'm as lost as you.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
26th February 2006, 1:39 PM
well, I know burn uses card effects to quickly/massively hurt your opponent, lock has to do with limitting what cards your opponent can use (negating/preventing), and I think Beatdown simply focuses on powerful stats to wipe the floor with your opponent. but other than those, I'm as lost as you.

He siad all I know..hehe

Nylf
26th February 2006, 2:49 PM
Beatdown: Pure and simple, big monsters, high attack, crush your opponent. Vorse Raider and Gemini Elf are both popular.

Lockdown: Jinzo, Silent Swordsman 5-7 and Horus TBFD are all popular here, it involves negating everything the opponent can do.

Tweenie: A deck that uses powerful three and less star monsters, and makes good use of Gravity Bind and the Level Limit Cards. Hates Lockdown decks, as it relies a lot on spells and traps.

Burn: It's all about the Lifepoints. You directly reduce your foes, while restoring your own. Fire Princess, Raging Flame Sprite, Thestalisios, Guardian Angel Joan, Marie The Fallen One and Toon Cannon Soldier are favourites in these.

Fairy/Dragon/Warrior etc: You build a deck that draws out the full power of these types. Dragon, Warrior and Spellcaster decks are popular, but Fiends are getting more popular as well with TDW cards.

Fire/Water/Light etc : You speacilise in one of those elements. Water is easily the most commonly used for Mobius, Abyss Soldier and A Legendary Ocean.

VWXYZ/Armed Dragon/Dark World/Winged Kuriboh/E-Hero: Basically you build a deck to support these specific cards. Armed Dragon, E-Hero and Dark World are easily very popular, but Winged Kuriboh, and Kuriboh is rumoured to have some support cards in future releases.

Last Turn/Exchange Of The Spirit Decks: Make use of these two situational trap cards, making sure to create the situation by burning through the deck at amazing rate or using up Life Points quickly. Often have sneaky back up cards, such as Jowgen for Last Turn.

Those are the ones I know, though a lot of these do have anti-versions, designed to take down that type of deck in particular.

Dark Executionist
26th February 2006, 3:44 PM
Warrior Toolbox:Basically a deck full of lots of good Warriors and 3 Reinforcement of the Armies that are used to pick out a warrior that will be currently useful,just like a toolbox.

Field Control:Having cards like Spirit Reaper that cant be destroyed to control your field,Creator is also good use in this deck,therefore he can control your field by reborning monsters.

Flip Flop Control:Having lots of flip monsters and having Book of Moon or Tsukoyomi to flip them back down and use there effect again.Also using Shallow Grave to put monsters in your graveyard back on your field in facedown defense mode.

Hand Control:Its where most cards help you with your hand.I personally dont like this deck.

Chaos Control:It can be either Flip Flop,Field,or Hand Control but all monsters are DARK and LIGHT

Soul Control:Cards like Snatch Steal,Brain Control,Rafflesia Seduction,Brain Jacker that take control of your opponents monsters.Creature Swap is good to or Enemy Controller.

Control Freak:This is my favorite kind of deck,its a deck with a mixture of the types of Control in it,Flip,Field,Hand,Chaos,and Soul.My deck is a Control Freak deck and it contains Flip Flop,Chaos,Field,and Soul Control.

Monarch:Im trying to build a Monarch Deck,its a deck with all of the Monarchs,and cards like Spirit Reaper to keep on the field to sac for a Monarch,Dekoichis to draw your Monarchs,and Different Dimmension Capsule.

Final Attack Orders:This deck is a deck loaded with monsters like Giant Orc,Goblin Attack Force,Goblin Elite Attack Force,Spear Dragon,and Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei that have very high ATK but are switched to defense mode after they attack.Use Final Attack Orders,a continuous trap card to keep them in attack mode.

Silver Arrow
26th February 2006, 7:42 PM
OTK: (Its what Nyfl said except its LT/EOS) basically, you opponents get one turn and they lose. Mainly Cyber End Dragon by Cyber Stein.

RedMoogleXIII
27th February 2006, 2:54 AM
Skill Drain -> deck that used Skill Drain to hinder the opponet and help itself as these commonly run high attack 4 star monsters like Goblin Attack Force and Fusilier Dragon (who can still be normal summoned without tribute but dosent get its attack halfed with Skill Drain on the field)

Another type of OTK is the Rescue Cat OTK which uses Rescue Cat and Last Will to swarm with 3x Milus Radient and a Des Wombat (if you have no monsters thats 8500 direct damage)

Jupetta
27th February 2006, 5:58 AM
Dark World: Uses the monsters that are Special Summoned from the graveyard when thay are sent there from the hand by a card effect.

Elemental Hero: A variety of warrior that specializes in the Elemental Hero monsters which is centered around Fusion.
~;354;

Pika Hikari KT
4th March 2006, 2:34 AM
Exodia: Everyone knows that if all 5 Exodia parts are in your hand, you automatically win. Witch of the Black Forest and Sangan are a must here, as are cheap defenders like Mystical Elf. If all else fails, there's sometimes Exodia Necross to rely on.

Occult: This usually focuses around Destiny Board and/or Dark Necrofear.

Cripple: Remember the mask cards Umbra and Lumis used? Use those cards to take advantage of your opponent, and try forcing them to surrender.

Legendary Ocean: Water type deck to the extreme. Note that Abyss Soldier is now unrestricted in Japan...be afraid. VERY afraid.;_;

WaterTrainer243
4th March 2006, 2:59 AM
We also have other decks that I've encountered.

Character decks-Decks based around your favorite YGO character's deck in what you believe they have.

Machine decks-As it states, a deck based around machine-type monsters. This deck was used by Bandit Keith and Nesbit of the Big 5.

Archfiend deck-A deck based around the Archfiend monsters that Titan uses. This type of deck will include Pandemonium.

Monster remover deck-A deck that's used to remove your opponent's cards from play. One of my friends used this type of deck and had this one trap card for this deck specifically I forgot what it was though.

Gravekeeper deck-A deck based on the Gravekeeper monsters from Pharoanic(sp?) Guardian booster set.

Gambler's deck-Cards based on luck of dice rolls, coin tosses, and guesses from both players. A deck like this would include a monster like Barrel Dragon, Time Wizard, Sand Gambler, etc.

Random Strategy deck-A deck that's a mix of cards and strategies with no specific theme in mind.

Spell/trap deck-A deck that mainly uses spell/trap cards with very few monsters.

Ritual/Fusions-It's all about ritual and fusion monsters for these decks. Cards like Magical Scientist, Manjuu, etc. would be used in decks like these.

Single monster deck-This is basically a deck that's based around a single monster. Like, for instance, Harpie Lady.

Magneto
4th March 2006, 5:01 AM
CC-An overused decktype used primarily to win.
Chaos-Used Envoy monsters.
E-Hero-used the E-Hero fusions.
Dragon, Fiend, Spellcaster, Etc.-Deck based around that type.

Pika Hikari KT
5th March 2006, 6:01 AM
D-Heroes: Edo Phoenix uses these cards, but you gotta be skilled to use them--most of them are weak in stats, but strong in effect!

Guardians: Rapheal used these back in Waking the Dragons, and focus on certain Equip Spells to get the Guardians out(for example: Butterfly Dagger). I find it a good idea to put in Maha Vailo, as she excels with Equip Spells.

NEO GOHAN
5th March 2006, 6:53 PM
Equip- pretty much like Guardian, but also adds cards like GtSM and AS-Ben Kai to beef up the field

Phaeton
5th March 2006, 6:55 PM
Tomato Control- Uses Mystic Toamto to bring out cards such as Don Zaloog or Spirit Reaper for Field and hand control.

Rat Control- Uses Giant Rat to provide field control with MSLV2 and other earth >1500 atk cards.

Aquadon
6th March 2006, 1:32 AM
napay's got it. (http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=80434)