PDA

View Full Version : Characters who you feel were cheated shipping wise?

STJ
26th February 2006, 5:39 AM
Well, to clarify, when I mean 'cheated' I don't mean that they were cheated on by another character.. What I mean is that you feel that the characters were unjustly treated by the writers in terms of romance..

I have quite a few, and the reason I'm creating this thread is cause I'm updating my website where I'll have a page for characters who, I feel, got the short end of the stick.. It's a little belated thing for "single's awareness day"

But, I think I need a few more characters, which is why I'm going to see the opinons of others

So, have someone you think didn't get their proper due? Did they have an obvious crush, only to have their heart broken for whatever reason? Feel the need to rant cause you can't complain to the writers directly even though you really, really want to? Then discuss!

So far, I have in mind

Boss (Hamtaro)
J.P (Digimon Fourth Season)
Thomas Shubaltz (Zoids second season)
Elliot/Ryou (Tokyo Mew Mew)
Guido (Samurai Pizza Cats)

I'll explain why I chose the above when I have time I guess

CyberCubed
26th February 2006, 5:44 AM
Yamcha from DBZ comes to mind.

Damn Vegeta, that was only a plot device to get another half Saiyan in the show.

I still feel bad for Yamcha even after all this time, since he never gets another girl for the rest of the series. :/

Hakajin
26th February 2006, 5:58 AM
Yuhi from Ceres! I will never get over that one! How could Aya choose Toya over him?! It was so wrong! Seriously, what did she even know about Toya? She was good friends with Yuhi. I don't think Yu Watase understands much about love. She always has her heroine choose the hot mysterious guy over her hot friend. Love has to be based in something other than infatuation to last in real life.

STJ
26th February 2006, 6:52 AM
Interesting. heh,.. I feel the same way about Elliot and Zoey (Why dija have to choose Mark, Zoey? Why? Why? WHY?!?!)

But, since I haven't watched it.. Did her choosing Toya out of the blue? Or was it hinted at alot.. I just would like more infor is all ^_^

Misty-Fan-Forever
26th February 2006, 9:43 AM
Yeah, I definantly feel that Ryou was cheated in a relationship. You can tell he really felt something for Ichigo and they would have had a great relationship butt nooo she has to be in love with Masaya xD His parent died, he helps run a cafe at 15 and he is love with a girl who doesn't end up with him. That's gotta shmuck =/

That's the only one I can think of at a moment.

Gazmof
26th February 2006, 11:16 AM
Yamcha from DBZ comes to mind.

Damn Vegeta, that was only a plot device to get another half Saiyan in the show.

I still feel bad for Yamcha even after all this time, since he never gets another girl for the rest of the series. :/

But that was a good plot device, though. You've got to admit, without that the whole androids saga would've been a lot more boring. Or possibly non-existant.

As for the topic, eh, the closest I can think of at present would be Touji and Hikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. There was a buildup of a potential relationship for a couple of episodes and then it just seemed to... Disappear.

Jo-Jo
26th February 2006, 2:28 PM
Misty, Brock, James and Meowth. Enough said.

Doyle from Angel The Series. And Wesley, later on. Uhh... Viktor Krum from Harry Potter, and Cho Chang, to a lesser extent. Tai and Davis from Digimon 02. Andrew from Sweet Home Alabama (though he does get to marry Erin, but only in the credits and if you don't watch the deleted scenes you won't know who she is anyway). Oh, and everybody in West Side Story, needless to say. ;)

hikari_blaze
26th February 2006, 4:02 PM
Personally, I believe Syaoran is one of those characters from CCS. He and Sakura both loved Yukito but Syaoran was just drawn to Yukito because of his magic. He realized he loved Sakura but Sakura still loves Yukito. I think he was really hurting. He loved Sakura but he won't confess to her while she still loves Yukito.

Toran Frostbite
26th February 2006, 5:50 PM
Personally, I believe Syaoran is one of those characters from CCS. He and Sakura both loved Yukito but Syaoran was just drawn to Yukito because of his magic. He realized he loved Sakura but Sakura still loves Yukito. I think he was really hurting. He loved Sakura but he won't confess to her while she still loves Yukito.
Uh, you know Yukito told Sakura directly that he liked someone else, right? Syaoran and Sakura do wind up a couple. So your point is slightly obscured.

haruka~
26th February 2006, 9:38 PM
Tomoyo from CCS. ;-; And Sonomi. (I think that's her name)

cold_katanagirl
27th February 2006, 2:46 AM
Kikyou. Inuyasha is obsessed with Kagome. Naraku... No.

Yamcha. Poor guy.

And all the characters who are used to promote another shipping. Like Rudy. I know he was the gymleader and all, but geez.

CyberCubed
27th February 2006, 2:49 AM
And Wakana. Poor girl. :(

Phantom_Bugsy
27th February 2006, 3:54 PM
Suboshi from Fushigi Yuugi. He loved Yui so much, and yet she was all OMG TAMAHOME!!!1 She was such a b*tch. >___>;;

Besides, I *heart* Suboshi. :3

intergalactic platypus
27th February 2006, 11:55 PM
Suichi didn't have it easy with Yuki in Gravitation. Yeah they were in love and all but Yuki had his past to deal with and had a very unstable tempermant. There was lots of tough times for Suichi with Yuki. Also, in terms of pokemon I would say Brock cause every girl hes ever met turned him down. Hes gonna be a forty year old virgin

Nodroz
4th March 2006, 12:59 AM
Goldar from Power Rangers. He was clearly in love with Lord Zedd, yet the writers had Zedd become infatuated with Rita Repulsa, who (through my perspective, at least) obviously despised him.

Poor Goldar. Oh, well. At least the writers seemed to be going in the direction of making Goldar X Rito canon in MMPR season 3 and Zeo.

Revolutionary Destiny
4th March 2006, 5:55 AM
Kikyou. Inuyasha is obsessed with Kagome. Naraku... No.

Totally agree with you there. I mean, it's obvious that Inuyasha and Kagome are going to get together in the end (Rumiko Takahashi doesn't leave too much to the imagination when it comes to romance in Inuyasha) and Kikyo...Well, she might die. Such a happy ending *roll eyes*