PDA

View Full Version : Font Color question

Stardust25
26th February 2006, 7:11 PM
Hi, I just have a quick question, I checked the links and ran a forum search, and I came up with nothing, so here it goes...

With all of the different color layouts/skins for the forums, are there any font colors besides the default color that will work good on all the different layouts? I have been typing in magenta font, and some people have a hard time reading it. I am using the Psychic type background, and the magenta looks great with it, but I did notice that it looks lousy on the default green version. So, basically, I was just wondering if there are any general colors that don't clash with the forums.

Thanks in advance!! ^_^

Angeling
26th February 2006, 7:22 PM
I would not think so, as there are a myriad amount of different forum skins. Just as some uses dark font colors is hard to see for me (as I am still on the Dark type), so would mine be for other people using other skins. But for your question, I would not think there is a certain color that would go along with EVERY one of the skins. Perhaps there is, depending on the default colors of each skin.

Best alternative is to just use the default colors without image tags in posts. Unlike what I am doing now, if you know what I mean.

Mr. Bikini fan
26th February 2006, 10:28 PM
Yes and in your signature too, you see Stardust25?
When you are replying, making a new thread, Making a new signature or PM'ing a friend or the staff and more to choose, you see this http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/editor/color.gif It's now black but here's a test like she did.
Make sure you do the code correctly and if you do it, when you finish your reply you will see a Colour like this!

Enjoy
Sapphire Warrior

Chris
28th February 2006, 9:27 AM
Colors I suggest avoiding are really bright ones. :P Avoid using yellow and bright light green. Probably also avoid using bright light blue or that pinkish purple color.

Those all tend to clash against a majority of the skins and burn our eyes. XO

Shadowcat
28th February 2006, 9:35 AM
Does this Cyan burn your eyes?

Now... Depends on the Skin. Most use Dark, from what I hear. Perhaps avoiding Dark Colors would work?

And Cyan works on the Default/Serebii V9.0 Skin.

I would suggest using the automatic one. It changes according to the skins.

Eszett
28th February 2006, 9:58 AM
From my experiences, red tends to be hard to read on many of the more popular skins, especially for some reason the Ice Skin.

And strangely enough, the Dragon skin can take just about anything. :p

Chris
28th February 2006, 10:01 AM
It's somewhat of a pain, but it's fine against the Dark-type skin. :P

Shigaiko
28th February 2006, 10:32 AM
Without the filter, yes, it does.

I got so fed up with people's retarded, eye-stabbing colours that I just started disabling font colours whenever I visit this place. >_> Even though it's a pain to enable/disable all the time, it works.

Mr. Bikini fan
28th February 2006, 4:40 PM
Moderator, your agreed on this
Colors I suggest avoiding are really bright ones. :P Avoid using yellow and bright light green. Probably also avoid using bright light blue or that pinkish purple color.

Those all tend to clash against a majority of the skins and burn our eyes. XO
Well it depends on people's different skin that thier colours are different to the other if you got to the CP or the Footer vv