PDA

View Full Version : A Question (Possible Spoilers)

~Battle Frontier~
27th February 2006, 2:56 AM
Since the Hoenn Reigon is coming to and end so quickly, do you think that WB might air the Battle Frontier Saga In a month or two? It's too early to air alot of reruns until September.

CyberCubed
27th February 2006, 3:34 AM
The Battle Frontier saga will start the first Saturday of April. Remember, Advanced Battle goes all the way up to the "Ash Vs. May" in the fighting dojo episode. After Hoenn ends, there are still 14 episodes of the BF saga left in this season.

Poké_Master
27th February 2006, 3:43 AM
Not true. From what I've heard, Veronica Taylor said that the last episode of Advanced Battle is the Oak Lab episode and they've finished dubbing it. My source (which I don't remember) could be wrong. And I wonder how long they'll keep airing double episodes. Will it continue into April?

CyberCubed
27th February 2006, 3:47 AM
Not true. From what I've heard, Veronica Taylor said that the last episode of Advanced Battle is the Oak Lab episode and they've finished dubbing it. My source (which I don't remember) could be wrong. And I wonder how long they'll keep airing double episodes. Will it continue into April?

Veronica Taylor said they finished up work on the movie, not that that's the last episode they're dubbing.

Each season has 52 episodes in it, Advanced Battle will include the first 14 or so episodes of the BF saga. It's why the last Hoenn opening and the BF opening were merged together for the dub.

Swellow
27th February 2006, 3:55 AM
Technicially wrong since Pokemon Advanced had a bit less 40 to be exact. Hence why there were only 8 DVD volumes and PAC is 10 with 6 episodes on volumes 9 and 10.

ハルカ and ゴンベ
27th February 2006, 3:56 AM
What!!1!11one!? they're not dubbing pokemon anymore!? I sould spread this all over the for-*gets shot*

I don't know why the rumor that pokemon isn't going to be dubbed anymore has been going around..>_> Anyway I have heard that the final Episode of Advanced battle is the Saffron Confrence part 2, then we'll have some new season like "Advanced frontier" or something like that...-.-;

CyberCubed
27th February 2006, 4:12 AM
Technicially wrong since Pokemon Advanced had a bit less 40 to be exact. Hence why there were only 8 DVD volumes and PAC is 10 with 6 episodes on volumes 9 and 10.

Uh, that's because they couldn't mix Johto and Hoenn. They're two different series.

Battle Frontier is still part of Pokemon Advance. "Advanced Battle" will not end when Hoenn does. We'll get a new theme song, and a new title, with the 15th episode of the BF arc.

Where is Dogasu when you need him...

Gravy
27th February 2006, 4:22 AM
Battle Frontier is still part of Pokemon Advance. "Advanced Battle" will not end when Hoenn does. We'll get a new theme song, and a new title, with the 15th episode of the BF arc.
Actually, I can see them officially dumping the 'Advance Battle' subheading after the Oak episode quite easily. It would make a whole lot more sense to start Ash's Kanto travels with a brand spanking new title, theme and opening animation.

IIRC, they kept Master Quest by the same name, despite 'Address Unown' being the official start of season 6. They didn't alter the title nor opening sequence to 'Advance' until Ash actually set foot in Houen. If they can (sort of) postpone a season, I don't see why skipping ahead would cause any problems.

S.Suikun
27th February 2006, 4:35 AM
I don't know why the rumor that pokemon isn't going to be dubbed anymore has been going around..>_> Anyway I have heard that the final Episode of Advanced battle is the Saffron Confrence part 2, then we'll have some new season like "Advanced frontier" or something like that...-.-;
While it was originally supposed to end with Saffron Confrence part 2, the clip show was not dubbed, so it is extended one episode.

Geki
27th February 2006, 4:39 AM
I think they should have a new theme and title at the Oak Lab episode. It would make more sense since Ash is traveling Kanto and all. But 4Kids had to be stupid and mix Symphonic Medley and Battle Fronteir together, so maybe we won't get a new opening.

CyberCubed
27th February 2006, 5:07 AM
Actually, I can see them officially dumping the 'Advance Battle' subheading after the Oak episode quite easily. It would make a whole lot more sense to start Ash's Kanto travels with a brand spanking new title, theme and opening animation.

That would have made sense but then why did 4kids put the sequence of all the Frontier Brains in the Advanced Battle opening?

People have said that 4kids merged the third Hoenn opening and the BF one together because the seasons were combined. (Such as the first 14 episodes of the BF arc being apart of Advanced Battle)

I know 4kids does some crazy stuff, but if they're going to change the opening come the Oak lab episodes, why would they put the Frontier Brains in a Hoenn opening? That makes no sense.

If the keep Advanced Battle going until the Ash Vs. May fighting dojo episode, at least the Noland battle and May's Saffron Contest are included in this season, so the first two segments of the BF arc are represented in the opening, (Frontier Brains, May/Harley/Squirtle scene)

DKzM0mA
27th February 2006, 5:27 AM
If the keep Advanced Battle going until the Ash Vs. May fighting dojo episode, at least the Noland battle and May's Saffron Contest are included in this season, so the first two segments of the BF arc are represented in the opening, (Frontier Brains, May/Harley/Squirtle scene)

That would make sense, and Noland's shadow wasn't hidden in the intro either. It's all coming together...

HoennMaster
28th February 2006, 2:45 AM
In a interview with Veronica Taylor a couple of weeks ago she said 4Kids had dubbed up threw the Oak's lab episode and that she was unaware of any future dubbing for Advanced Battle so It is unknown when it will end

Kutie Pie
28th February 2006, 3:13 AM
Originally posted by HoennMaster
In an interview with Veronica Taylor a couple of weeks ago she said 4kids had dubbed up threw the Oak's lab episode and she was unaware of any future dubbing for Advanced Battle so It is unknown when it will end

Actually, I may have the answer to when the Advanced Battle season'll end, even though it may have already been answered here...

Originally posted by CyberCubed
The Battle Frontier saga will start the first Saturday of April. Remember, Advanced Battle goes all the way up to the "Ash Vs. May" in the fighting dojo episode. After Hoenn ends, there are still 14 episodes of the BF saga left in this season.

It will end sometime in April, maybe early May. Remember, they're showing two episodes in a row now and they skipped a few episodes with May's Pacifilog Town's Cooridinator contest, especially since one was a clip show. So right around April (maybe May) is when the season'll end and the new Kanto Battle Frontier season'll begin.

Oh, and you'd better start memorizing the characters' voices now for they won't have them again. They're changing actors, so the voices may change around the 9th season. I thought I'd give you a warning so you wouldn't be shocked to hear the voices changed. (I'll miss Meowth's...) Thank you for your patience and have a nice day everyone!

~~~~~~~~
♥Kutie Pie♥ Please be kind to midgets!

ハルカ and ゴンベ
28th February 2006, 3:45 AM
Oh, and you'd better start memorizing the characters' voices now for they won't have them again. They're changing actors, so the voices may change around the 9th season. I thought I'd give you a warning so you wouldn't be shocked to hear the voices changed. (I'll miss Meowth's...) Thank you for your patience and have a nice day everyone!

When exactly was it confirmed that voice actors will be changing?

HoennMaster
28th February 2006, 5:08 AM
It hasn't been confirmed, the voice actors themselves don't even know yet

S.Suikun
28th February 2006, 5:55 AM
It was just an idiotic rumor that developed when people were believing that 4Kids would stop dubbing Pokemon. Apparently people don't let go of false rumors very easily and are misled. Or they're just stupid.

Kutie Pie
28th February 2006, 10:56 PM
I don't know about that, Shining Suikun. I heard that on the PokeBeach website and Veronica Taylor actually said they were getting new actors that'll sound almost exactly like the characters. But who knows if it's true. We'll find out when they start dubbing the rest of the 9th season and 9th movie.

But until then, I'm going to hold in my real grudge against 4kids. If they do change the voices, I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs, outside or inside: "4KIDS SUCKS! THEY CHANGED THE CHARACTERS' VOICES! I'LL KILL YOU, 4KIDS! YOU HEAR ME?! BE PREPARED TO FEEL MY WRATH!!" (And I will do that by sending hate-mail or more. And then I'll get grounded and vice versa.) Well, see you all soon!

~~~~~~~~~~

Raticate
28th February 2006, 11:15 PM
Whattttt? No they can't change the actors! -gets out Porygon- Run 4kids!

Porygon: -explodes-

Lil Brother
1st March 2006, 2:04 AM
But until then, I'm going to hold in my real grudge against 4kids. If they do change the voices, I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs, outside or inside: "4KIDS SUCKS! THEY CHANGED THE CHARACTERS' VOICES! I'LL KILL YOU, 4KIDS! YOU HEAR ME?! BE PREPARED TO FEEL MY WRATH!!" (And I will do that by sending hate-mail or more. And then I'll get grounded and vice versa.) Well, see you all soon!No.

If the voices do change (WHICH WE DON'T KNOW WILL HAPPEN), then it'll be the fault of Pokemon USA who, according to rumor, took the dubbing rights away from 4Kids (WHICH WE DON'T KNOW HAPPENED).

Temari
1st March 2006, 2:30 AM
*gasps* No! They'd better not change the voice actors! I HOPE that's only a rumor!

Kutie Pie
1st March 2006, 2:34 AM
Originally posted by Lil Brother
If the voices do change (WHICH WE DON'T KNOW WILL HAPPEN), then it'll be the fault of Pokemon USA who, accroding to rumor, took the dubbing rights away from 4Kids (WHICH WE DON'T KNOW HAPPENED).

Oh...

Well, then I'll threaten Pokemon USA if they did do what the rumor said they did. And why would they take the dubbing rights away (if they did so)? I mean, puh-lease. Yes, they may have a few bad things in Pokemon, but our shows are WORSE.

Take South Park for example. It's a lot worse than the heavily dubbed Beauty and the Beach episode (if undubbed). And the adults aren't complaining, even if they have kids. I swear, our world's getting worse each year with the war going on making it worse...

Well, thanks for correcting me about 4Kids, Lil Brother. DEATH TO POKEMON USA! Then we wouldn't have Pokemon... Never mind. Oh well, thanks anyway.

~~~~~~~~~

nekusagi
1st March 2006, 9:19 PM
...It's only a rumor with very little basis in fact- basically an urban legend of the fandom, really. Read Dogasu's website, he'll explain it to you. All that changed with the deal was the merchandise- PUSA gets the money from the stuff now. Really, you noobs give us intelligent people no peace. If there were changes, there woulda been a press release by now. I mean, they put out press releases for *everything* these days.

CyberCubed
1st March 2006, 9:42 PM
Dogasu has been wrong about a lot of things lately though.

- He thought that 4kids would definitely dub the clip show - that didn't happen.

- He thought that Cartoon Network would pick up Pokemon Advance since there is no weekday KidsWB reruns anymore - that hasn't happened, at least not yet anyway.

- He thought the Donphan/Contest episodes would air after Black History month, although now we know we're getting all of the Hoenn league first. Hopefully he is right about them airing later on. We know they'll come out on DVD, but it would be nice to see them aired.

- What is 4kids waiting for about Season 9? Season 9 starts THIS fall, why aren't they going ahead and starting the next season already?

Hopefully he's right about 4kids and the voice actors continuing on the series, although it's 50/50 at this point.

nekusagi
1st March 2006, 9:59 PM
...Let's not jump to conclusions, though. Those were pure guesswork. This, though, is basic business knowledge.

wobbanut
2nd March 2006, 1:17 AM
Doesn't anybody else think they may just be sprinting ahead on season eight so they can run Pokemon Chronicles before starting the Battle Frontier?

At least that's what I figure. *hopes*

Dogasu
2nd March 2006, 1:34 AM
A few of the comments I have to make have already been addressed in this thread, but I'll reiterate a few of them just to make sure everyone gets it.

-Some of you seem to be confused about what a "season" actually is. The first few seasons are odd because of the transition from syndication to Kids' WB!, but since Season Three, a "season" has consisted of a 52-episode purchase:

Season Three (Fall 2000 - Spring 2001) consisted of the last eleven episodes of the Orange Islands saga and the first 41 episodes of Johto ("Johto Journeys"), for a total of 52 episodes.

Season Four (Fall 2001 - Spring 2002) consisted of all 52 episodes of "Johto League Champions."

Season Five (Fall 2002 - Spring 2003) consisted of the first 52 episodes of "Master Quest."

Season Six (Fall 2003 - Spring 2004) consisted of the last twelve episodes of "Master Quest" (from "Address Unown" onward) and the first 40 episodes of "Advanced," for a total of 52 episodes.

Season Seven (Fall 2004 - Spring 2005) consisted of all 52 episodes of "Advanced Challenge."

Season Eight (Fall 2005 - Spring 2006) consists of the final 38 episodes of the Hoenn storyline and the first fourteen episodes of the Battle Frontier storyline. This includes the three episodes Kids' WB! skipped but excludes the banned Barboach episode and the undubbed clip show.

At the very least, 4Kids has control of the first fourteen episodes of the Battle Frontier storyline.

As far as the "4Kids won't be dubbing it anymore"...here's what we do and don't know:

None of the voice actors seem to have any idea if they still have jobs working with Pokemon. It would appear that they will be some of the last people involved in the show to find out.
Pokemon USA has dubbed a pilot episode with all-new voice actors that they're shopping around to the networks. Now this doesn't *confirm* that the voice actors are being replaced...PUSA is just weighing their options.
The Lucario movie has been dubbed using the old VA's we're used to.
And, above all else, NOTHING IS FINALIZED!!!!!!!!

That last bullet there is the most important one. Read it, re-read it, and re-read it again until you're reciting it in your sleep.

We really can't say that 4Kids will or won't be dubbing the show. People stating that they definately won't be dubbing the show or that they definately will be dubbing the show (something I'm aware I'm guilty of) really can't say one way or another because we don't have enough information yet.

Dogasu has been wrong about a lot of things lately though.

- He thought that 4kids would definitely dub the clip show - that didn't happen.

I'll give you that one.

- He thought that Cartoon Network would pick up Pokemon Advance since there is no weekday KidsWB reruns anymore - that hasn't happened, at least not yet anyway.

We still have the evening upfront to go, and even if nothing is announced then, there's still the fact that CN tends to air things they haven't announced during the upfront. Like Yu-Gi-Oh! GX.

- He thought the Donphan/Contest episodes would air after Black History month, although now we know we're getting all of the Hoenn league first. Hopefully he is right about them airing later on. We know they'll come out on DVD, but it would be nice to see them aired.

I'm not trying to pull a Serebii and nitpick to make myself look like I wasn't wrong, but...Kids' WB! airing the Contest episodes in April or May or June or July or August would STILL be after Black History Month.

Doesn't anybody else think they may just be sprinting ahead on season eight so they can run Pokemon Chronicles before starting the Battle Frontier?

They'd have to make an all-new purchase for that, and so far nothing's been announced to indicate that such a purchase was made.

CyberCubed
2nd March 2006, 2:43 AM
Dogasu, do you have any idea when that pilot was apparently dubbed? And if so, was it a specific episode (such as the first episode of Season 9), a random episode from the past, or just a single thing to record voices?

If they're shopping the pilot to the networks, what exactly does that mean? KidsWB/CW has already renewed Pokemon through Season 9 hasn't it? And if so, why would they have to ship a pliot episode to them if the show was already renewed?

I sure hope Pokemon USA knows what they're doing, as there are a LOT of characters in Pokemon (all the main characters, the recurring ones, not to mention 386 Pokemon!) that they have to make voices for.

Isn't it much less a hassle to let 4kids do the work as they've experienced 8 years with it already?

Dogasu
2nd March 2006, 6:48 AM
That really is the most disturbing animated gif I've ever seen.

Dogasu, do you have any idea when that pilot was apparently dubbed? And if so, was it a specific episode (such as the first episode of Season 9), a random episode from the past, or just a single thing to record voices?

No clue. Apparently one of the VA's heard that it was dubbed, but she didn't give any specifics other than the fact that PUSA was trying to use actors who sounded like the old ones. Like Season 3 Dragon Ball Z, only hopefully they'll suck a lot less.

If they're shopping the pilot to the networks, what exactly does that mean? KidsWB/CW has already renewed Pokemon through Season 9 hasn't it? And if so, why would they have to ship a pliot episode to them if the show was already renewed?

I'm sure they've already renewed the show for another season and are waiting for the Kids' WB! upfront before they announce it. I think (though I'm in no way certain) that the pilot is meant to see if the network would still air the show if it was given a new voice cast and things like that.

Isn't it much less a hassle to let 4kids do the work as they've experienced 8 years with it already?

Would it be cheaper to do it themselves? Yeah, probably. But, like you said, there are so many characters in the series, and 4Kids has been working on it for so long, that it makes perfect sense for PUSA to use 4Kids' VA's to continue the series. PUSA would have a hell of a lot less work, 4Kids would be happy, and the fans would be happy. It's a win-win-win situation.

Whether or not PUSA will use common sense is another matter.

nekusagi
4th March 2006, 12:07 AM
*This* is why I like you, Dogasu. This whole time, you've approached things with common sense and without panicking. The glass isn't half empty or half full... it just contains liquid. Now for my two cents. The fact that they did this supposed pilot tells me that they may be sensitive to fan concerns. Which tells me that we should fire off another round of letters (or a first round, if you haven't done the right thing and written already). The catch is that you have to be polite, use spelling and grammar check, etc- I know that's too much to ask for *some* of you, given some of the previous posts in the thread, but it's worth it. I don't have PUSA's address on me right now, but it's on booster packs/ their website, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Be sure to mention why it's important the VAs remain unchanged. A
And personally, for reasons I won't divulge at the risk of being labeled a nutjob/ superstitious freak/ heathen (okay, I read Tarot and all my readings have been coming up very positive. 4 of Wands! Yay!), I get the feeling that this is all a bunch of overreaction. Like Dogasu said, they're exploring their options. Note that it was only one ep they did, not a bunch. Just write. Hey, it worked for Loonatics, right?

CyberCubed
4th March 2006, 12:54 AM
I sent Veronica Taylor an e-mail on her official site, should I post what she said here? She sounds very worried. :/

Heracross
4th March 2006, 3:01 AM
I probably wouldn't unless she gave you permission. That is how the controversy involving mike Pollock began. :x