PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of Suggestion's/Help

Dark-Link
27th February 2006, 4:12 AM
I'm not new to pokemon, i'm just new to the whole "EV" thing... I read the FAQ's from this site and various of other sites, and I "think" I understood about them, so if i'm wrong about this, that's why.. I also didn't keep track of what I should have, so alls I can really say is that I just started leveling up my pokemon using the Macho Brace, and gave them each (well, i'm workin on the 2nd "batch" , basically, I breeded(sp?) the 1st "batch" to get the appropriate natures, gender (just prefer all male team.. I dunno why, I just ...do lol) and in my current team, it's a mix of 2 of the 2nd batch and 1 of the first... so i'll put which ones are which (1st batch I just did elite runs to lvl, no vitamins, macho brace, etc...)).

Now, the only request's I have, are that you keep it all Dragons (or the ones that look like dragons (example: Charizard), and no Gyarados or Altaria (in my opinion , it isn't a dragon, it's a bird on clouds lol..) and I just don't like Gyarados.

Here's the team and movesets (didn't get to what items to equip to them and what not, but the 2nd batch i'm working on is to have as high a Sp. Def as possible so they're "not as vulnerable" to ice as they normally are, so help in this area is well appreciated)

Dragonix(Salamence)(1st "batch"(for those who somehow don't understand what I mean by that phrase, it's my first attempt (didn't know about EV's at the time..))
Lv 100
Gentle Nature (2nd batch one I made it have Sassy, hope I chose right ...)
Flying/Dragon
Ability: Intimidate
HP: 315
Attack: 362
Defense: 170
Sp. Attack: 243
Sp. Defense: 229
Speed: 211
Move Set: Crunch, Fly, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw

Frost(Latios)(2nd batch, currently working on him)
Lv 68
Dragon/Psychic
Docile Nature
Ability: Levitate
HP: 201
Attack: 161
Defense: 130
Sp. Attack: 207
Sp. Defense: 189
Speed: 172
Move Set: Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Luster Purge, Ice Beam

Tempest(Dragonite)(1st batch)
Lv 100
Flying/Dragon
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Modest (2nd batch has either Gentle, Mild, or Sassy... I think Mild)
HP: 350
Attack: 312
Defense: 232
Sp. Attack: 250
Sp. Defense: 251
Speed: 192
Move Set: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf, Brick Break

Blade(Flygon)(2nd batch)
Lv 100
Ground/Dragon
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Quiet
HP: 288
Attack: 255
Defense: 191
Sp. Attack: 214
Sp. Defense: 211
Speed: 216
Move Set: Crunch, Giga Drain , Earthquake, Dragonbreath (lately i've been findin this a bit more useful than Dragon Claw..)

Scorch(Charizard)(1st batch)
Lv 100
Flying/Fire(shoulda been Fire/Dragon..)
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Mild(2nd's is Gentle)
HP: 292
Attack: 240
Defense: 162
Sp. Attack: 269
Sp. Defense: 217
Speed: 213
Move Set: Slash, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw

Kingdra(didn't name it yet, nor lvl it, it is going to be worked on after Latios)(1st batch, was unsure of what nature is needed and such since I have yet to even use it in battle..)
Lv 38
Water/Dragon
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Hasty
HP: 115
Attack: 89
Defense: 71
Sp. Attack: 85
Sp. Defense: 91
Speed: 78
Move Set(i'm going to post what I was planning on making it):Body Slam, Surf, Dragonbreath, Ice Beam

Any help is appreciated, and I wanna keep this only Dragons(or the ones that look like them, like charizard...) and wanna make it work, so far, it puts up a good fight and wins against every legendary I had to face except for Kyogre (darn Ice Beam lol)

Again, Thanks in advance!

-J.C.

EDIT- Also, can someone please tell me why I see people on these boards suggesting Dragon Dance? I see no real point to it as my opponent deals quite the bit of damage to me before I would even get any benefit from it... so I usually just go for attacking...

EDIT #2- Secondly, I am trying to go as least legendary as possible, so that's why there's no Rayquaza... But I have Latios in there for the variety (no other Dragon/Psychic in the game other than Latias... in which there wouldn't be a difference when reffering to the amount of legendaries in the team)

Overheat Hothead
27th February 2006, 4:54 AM
Try Psychic on Latios instead of Luster Purge because it is better (unless you like the higher chance of stat changing).

Why do you think Dragonbreath is better than Dragon Claw? They have the same accuracy (100%) but D Claw has more power.

Salamance needs more Phisical attacks. it has higher Attack than Spec. attack. and i know this because i have been corrected on this before.

Get rid of Dragonites Brickbreak and give it a flying or Dragon move for STAB.

Dark-Link
27th February 2006, 5:30 AM
Try Psychic on Latios instead of Luster Purge because it is better (unless you like the higher chance of stat changing).

Why do you think Dragonbreath is better than Dragon Claw? They have the same accuracy (100%) but D Claw has more power.

Salamance needs more Phisical attacks. it has higher Attack than Spec. attack. and i know this because i have been corrected on this before.

Get rid of Dragonites Brickbreak and give it a flying or Dragon move for STAB.

I have Purge on for 2 reasons, 1, you already guessed, the stat changing chance, and 2, it's a move unique to him...(also imo, the coolest lookin move lol)

I think Dragonbreath is better because it's 20 less atk(I think), same acc, but has a chance(30% if i'm not mistaken) to paralyze as well, which tends to happen quite a bit.

Interesting idea on the Salamence, since it tears through the e4 as it is, but I was thinking about removing Fly and inserting something else... maybe Rock Slide?

Dragonites Brick Break was there for a more "covered" defense sorta speak.. so if he runs into a Normal (blissey), Ice (vs dragons , I gotta stop them...), Darks, etc...

Also, was I right about the whole EV thing? Like I said, i'm not new to pokemon, i'm just new to the whole EV thing...

Overheat Hothead
27th February 2006, 5:35 AM
i dont know much about EV training so dont ask me. but any ways why would you want all dragons/dragon look alikes? What ever its your choice

Dark-Link
27th February 2006, 5:47 AM
i dont know much about EV training so dont ask me. but any ways why would you want all dragons/dragon look alikes? What ever its your choice

Just to be different than everyone else, and because it's really awesome in the double battles, seeing 2 dragons teaming instead of 2 different things...

I dunno, just a personal preference I guess...

Also, what's a good nature for a Kingdra?

Fluorescent Adolescent
27th February 2006, 5:39 PM
Another horrible and unaesthetically pleasing format :) (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99130)

Also, what's a good nature for a Kingdra?

Modest.

Dark-Link
28th February 2006, 3:22 AM
Another horrible and unaesthetically pleasing format :) (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99130)

Modest.

Sorry about the format, i'm new to these forums..
I figured i'd post every detail about my pokemon as to get the best help/advice possible in order to make a Dragon only team be successful.

I was considering using Light Screen on a Speedy dragon for a opening move... what's your opinion?

and 2 last questions, 1) was the move set I had planned for Kingdra a good one or bad? and 2) Was I correct about the EV stuff?

Thanks in advance!