PDA

View Full Version : Is there an easier way to get Chansey and Tauros rather than Safari?

SkimI3oarder
27th February 2006, 5:10 AM
^Topic^

Because this is extremely frusterating and only being able to use Safari balls really sucks.

I know about the surfing trick at Cinnibar but are u able to get the rare pokemon there too?

Oh yeah and i think that you can get Chansey at unknown dungeon but I need it now in the level 20s

Absol!
27th February 2006, 8:08 AM
You can trade with someone, if you're really desperate to get it.

I advise you not to do the Cinnabar Island trick. It is a glitch, and Pokemon you find through it are messed up.

RaZoR LeAf
27th February 2006, 1:24 PM
You CAN use the cinnibar glitch without catcyhing 'messed up' pokemon. With everybody masturbating over Missingnno these days, it's often forgotten. When you talk to the Weedle guy, it allows for M to apear on that one peice of Cinnibar Coast. However, it you ignore the weedle man, pokemon will appear there from the last patch of grass you walked through and encountered pokemon in.

In this case, if you visit the Safari Zone, then go straight to cinnibar and surf, you will find Safari Pokemon popping up as wild pokemon. You can then capture them in the same way you would any other pokemon. They still have the same rarity ratios, but wont run away.

Clockworkz
28th February 2006, 1:17 AM
Unknown Dungeon has Chanseys aplenty. And for Tauros? Do a tradeback from GSC. That's how I got mine.

RaZoR LeAf
28th February 2006, 1:38 AM
Clockworkz - I find reading the first post a valuable skill. take for nstance where Skim13oarder said "Oh yeah and i think that you can get Chansey at unknown dungeon but I need it now in the level 20s". This renders 50% of your post redundant. And trading is not always an optiuon, so it should always be accompanied by an alternative.

pikachu_rocks19
21st March 2006, 11:18 PM
I traded for a tauros thats a good idea.

Shiny Rokon
22nd March 2006, 4:08 AM
Ok, i hope this clears it up: You can either do the cinnabar island trick which i personally use all the time, and i am pretty sure it will not affect your game in the slightest otherwise i wouldn't use it! In the safari zone go to area 2 or 3in red version, 2 or 3 in blue version (area 3 has a higher chance in blue version than area 2) or area 1 or 3 in yellow version. Yellow has the highest chance of Tauros appearing, then go fly straight to cinnabar and surf up and down on the right side of the island, just make sure you run around in the area i just said last, and they will appear. Now with Chansey in red version walk around in the main area or area 2 or area 3 the latter two have higher appearance rates. In blue version the main area or area 2, the latter again having the higher appearance rate. In yellow the main area or area 1 but chansey appears most in the main area here. If you want to try catching both at once ... for red version use area 2 or 3, blue use area 3 and yellow area 1. Goodluck i hope this clears everything up!
Oh another thing Tauros appears at level 26 and 28 in red and blue and level 21 in yellow. And can only be caught in the safari zone.
Chansey in all versions appears at level 56 in the unknown dungeon, but you don't want that! In the safari zone its at level 23 and 26 in red version, level 21 and 23 in blue version (i think) and level 7!! and 21 in yellow. So lets hope you get a nice young one in yellow :P goodluck!

Aptenodytes
25th March 2006, 11:59 PM
I'd say the easiest way is to get it from someone else. Anytime I can't find a Pokemon I want, some of my friends usually have one that they're willing to trade...

cameron mathena
30th March 2006, 9:22 PM
^Topic^

Because this is extremely frusterating and only being able to use Safari balls really sucks.

I know about the surfing trick at Cinnibar but are u able to get the rare pokemon there too?

Oh yeah and i think that you can get Chansey at unknown dungeon but I need it now in the level 20s

catch a chancey in the cave where mewtwo is send it over to silver,gold and mate it with an other normal type and you will get a level 5
chansey

pharaohguy530
31st March 2006, 1:42 AM
This might help, but be a really big pain. Get Tauros from GSC, thats where I got mine. Catch a Chansey in the unknown dungeon, trade it to GSC, get an egg, hatch it, train it to lv. 20, and trade to RBY. There! Your done! That is the only other way besides the Safari Zone...

The Organizer
15th April 2006, 11:10 PM
No there is not a easier way, the cinnabar island glitch is the only other way, but the pokemon there might be over 100. You should use the special stat/ditto/mew glitch way, you can catch any pokemon you want.

emeraldellie
16th April 2006, 6:08 AM
The "Mew glitch" (I put that in quotes because you can really get any Pokemon with it, but it's called Mew because that's the only way to get one) is not safe if you don't know what you're doing. If you plan on doing it, be sure to read a guide on how to do it and make sure you're fighting the right trainer when doing so, otherwise you could instead encounter a varient of Missingno. that will most likely mess up your game.

The Cinnibar trick is fine to use as long as the only things in your character's name are capital and lowercase letters. If you used any of the "special" characters in your name, you will encounter a Trainer with glitch Pokemon that may freeze and/or erase your game, and you can't run from Trainer battles.

So, if you aren't entirely sure about using the Mew glitch and used special characters in your name, legit means is the way to go. Don't give up with Safari balls, just throw one as soon as you meet it so that you'll at least have a chance and if it doesn't work, keep trying. If you have GSC, I'd strongly suggest trading back for Tauros, and I'd also suggest waiting until later in the game for Chansey. It's a lot easier to catch, and you can easily get through the main quest of the game with other, less hard-to-catch Pokemon.

Charizard86
17th April 2006, 1:28 PM
I never had any problems from the glitch on my red. I found the safari zone trick to be the easiest & quickest way to catch the pokemon. I believe as long as you don't talk to the old man the trick works without any glitches. Just walk around the safari zone as normal, fly to Cinabar before the time runs out and surf up & down the right hand side of the island and you'll encounter perfectly safe unglitched safari pokemon.