defence:135
sp attack:330
sp defence:204
speed:308
move: leaf blade,crunch,dragon claw,earthquake
:club:

Stardust25
27th February 2006, 4:51 PM
If you are playing on Emerald version, I would replace Earthquake with Thunderpunch. 205 attack is pretty low, so you may as well get the most out of that 330 Special Attack stat. The Mild nature is a little concerning, because it cuts on the Defense stat. You may want to attach Leftovers, or if you have access to the Salac Berry, you could try one of them, but that would only be useful at the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

So basically, your Sceptile is ok, I would just put Thunderpunch on it. If you don't have Emerald, then you may want a filler move on it. (Sustitue/Protect) You will want your Sceptile to do a lot of damamge quickly, because it isn't going to have a whole lot of staying power.

Fluorescent Adolescent
27th February 2006, 5:12 PM
May I be the first to just lol at this thread :(

READ OR DIE (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=99130)

magnemiteZ
27th February 2006, 5:36 PM
^teehee.

your sceptile is the best i've ever seen;254;
How and why?
Though It does have bloody good Sp Attack!

Neo
27th February 2006, 5:44 PM
I would say the only thing you can do to it is change Earthquake for Thunderpunch, unless its not Emerald. In that case, then I would put in a filler like Agility or Detect or something

magnemiteZ
27th February 2006, 5:53 PM
A good moveset for Sceptile is
-Leaf Blade
-Sub
-Leech Seed
-T Punch (I like it)

Or since it's defence is now non Existant, you can also try
-Leaf Blade
-T Punch
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
^It makes a good Sweeper, but not as good as Alakazam

Fluorescent Adolescent
27th February 2006, 5:56 PM
A good moveset for Sceptile is
-Leaf Blade
-Sub
-Leech Seed
-T Punch (I like it)

Or since it's defence is now non Existant, you can also try
-Leaf Blade
-T Punch
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
^It makes a good Sweeper, but not as good as Alakazam

You can't compare the two ffs >_>; That's like comparing lax with bliss, well in some situations it'd be better to have lax whilst in others Bliss would be better used.

manuel the pokemon master
28th February 2006, 12:26 AM
thanks legendary fire trainer. stardust25,neo and fighting i am going to teach it t-punch because i am playing emerald but i think it should have earthquake to cover it weaknes.with it speed can take any fire type except for charizard

Rudoku
28th February 2006, 10:47 PM
thanks legendary fire trainer. stardust25,neo and fighting i am going to teach it t-punch because i am playing emerald but i think it should have earthquake to cover it weaknes.with it speed can take any fire type except for charizard
It won't OHKO any fully evolved fire type with Earthquake other than Magcargo, maybe. Then it'll be taken out with Fire Blast. Here's a tip: If you see a fire type, just switch to something that laughs at fire.

aipomkong
1st March 2006, 4:18 PM
Sceptile's EQ won't even ohko Magcargo unless you have a + nature and 252 atk evs

when a fire type comes just switch

legendary fire trainer
1st March 2006, 4:49 PM
^teehee.

How and why?
Though It does have bloody good Sp Attack!

his special attack stats is something that needs to be taken advantage of consider getting a powerful accurate attack such as ice punch, solarbeam cnbined with, sunny day is good because sceptiles speed is its true power and if you get the first attack in with a powerful hit it is easy sailing

legendary fire trainer
1st March 2006, 4:52 PM
thanks legendary fire trainer. stardust25,neo and fighting i am going to teach it t-punch because i am playing emerald but i think it should have earthquake to cover it weaknes.with it speed can take any fire type except for charizard]

your right with the earthquake and weaknesses but what about flying types you,ve got no super attack for them but if you must have earthquake get rid of crunch

Fluorescent Adolescent
1st March 2006, 5:20 PM
his special attack stats is something that needs to be taken advantage of consider getting a powerful accurate attack such as ice punch, solarbeam cnbined with, sunny day is good because sceptiles speed is its true power and if you get the first attack in with a powerful hit it is easy sailing

Okay no, please don't post if you don't have a clue with what you are on about. Thanks. No offence but sunny day sucks on anything without chlorophyll and sceptile doesn't learn Ice Punch >_>; Sunnybeaming sucks also.

Also don't double post, the edit button is there for a reason ;/

magnemiteZ
1st March 2006, 6:16 PM
I am aware of that.
This is why I suggested a Special Sweeping one!
And as Ryan said, Sceptile can't learn Ice Punch, and Sunny-Beaming only works on stuff with Chlorophyll (Well I like it).

aipomkong
1st March 2006, 6:46 PM
Sceptile used Sunny Day
Opponent used Attacking move
Sceptile fainted!

it's a case of 'TO MUNCH STRATERGY'

sunnybeaming is poor on anything whithout Chlorophyll seeming as without the speed boost you will just get clean raped by so much stuff, as Grass is a piss-poor attacking type anyway

magnemiteZ
1st March 2006, 7:08 PM
sunnybeaming is poor on anything whithout Chlorophyll seeming as without the speed boost you will just get clean raped by so much stuff, as Grass is a piss-poor attacking type anyway
Ouch. I like grass Pokemon.
What about Shiftry, Ludicolo and Vena?
And I don't think they are all weak. Sure the likes Of jumpluff are pathetic with no Attack/Sp Attack or Def/Sp Def, but they all excell elsewhere.

Fluorescent Adolescent
1st March 2006, 7:24 PM
Ouch. I like grass Pokemon.
What about Shiftry, Ludicolo and Vena?
And I don't think they are all weak. Sure the likes Of jumpluff are pathetic with no Attack/Sp Attack or Def/Sp Def, but they all excell elsewhere.

I'd be willing to bet my wang that he meant "bad attackers" i.e. they have **** attacking stats.

magnemiteZ
1st March 2006, 7:30 PM
I see your point. they have 'piss-poor' attacking stats.
Like the only ones that don't, are Shiftry, Cacturne and Sceptile. But they are crap elsewhere.

aipomkong
1st March 2006, 9:24 PM
I see your point. they have 'piss-poor' attacking stats.
Like the only ones that don't, are Shiftry, Cacturne and Sceptile. But they are crap elsewhere.

urm no

the ACTUAL type Grass as an attacking move is piss-poor, so much in the standard metagame resists Grass.

Rudoku
1st March 2006, 10:43 PM
urm no

the ACTUAL type Grass as an attacking move is piss-poor, so much in the standard metagame resists Grass.
And the fact that the best attacking move of the type has is an elemental version of Slash.

aipomkong
1st March 2006, 11:17 PM
/me waits for a tyrade of

'NOOOOO SOLORBEAM IS TEH BESTORZ GRASS MOVE'

Dunsparce
2nd March 2006, 2:34 AM
urm no

But This ISN'T NETBATTLE!!! D:

Like the person before me, a good in-game moveset is this:

Leaf Blade
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Thunderpunch/HP Fire

HP Fire can make it pseudo Flameclaw.

aipomkong
2nd March 2006, 5:25 PM
even in-game so much resists grass type moves it's not even slightly funny

ZNtelle
3rd March 2006, 7:13 AM
Just use the Subseeding set Fighting_Master suggested earlier, with a Timid nature.