PDA

View Full Version : Brock's pot

The Big Al
28th February 2006, 7:40 PM
Brock's cooking pot.

I've been wondering. Where does brock but his cooking supplies when he isn't using them?

Locke Yggdrasill
28th February 2006, 7:41 PM
IIRC, he has a backpack, doesn't he?
Let's hope, for the sake of Brock's back, that it isn't a cast iron pot. xD

The Big Al
28th February 2006, 7:43 PM
I know he has a backpack but the pot is larger than the pack.

Silver Raven
28th February 2006, 7:46 PM
maybe its a disposable pot(?????)

Locke Yggdrasill
28th February 2006, 7:54 PM
Probably not. Where would he get the other pots that he'd use? and where would he store the unused pots?

Maybe he puts it in a pokeball. *shot* xP

CyberCubed
28th February 2006, 8:08 PM
If you have to ask yourself that, ask where Brock fits that fold-up picnic table when they're not using it.

Chris
28th February 2006, 8:12 PM
In a cartoon world, you can fit even an elephant into your small backpack and be able to carry it around with no problem. >_>

Geki
28th February 2006, 8:17 PM
Brock's cooking pot.

I've been wondering. Where does brock but his cooking supplies when he isn't using them?

Brock probably keeps his pots and pans in his bag. I don't know how they manage to lug everything that they have around.

Dragonking
28th February 2006, 8:19 PM
All the items are in capsule kind of like dbz its just that they never show the items coming out of the capsule. (not serious)

Lupin
28th February 2006, 8:31 PM
Brock was excellant at tetris when he was a kid.

Phantom_Bugsy
28th February 2006, 8:34 PM
He's hiding it. D: Why would you want people to see where you put your pot? Though that might be an excuse to get into Officer Jenny's skirt....

....oh, THAT kind of pot. Okay. Um...Shrinky-Dinks. Yep.

Thriller
28th February 2006, 8:49 PM
Brock just finds a random, rusty old pot from the ground.

Chatsy
28th February 2006, 8:58 PM
He has a hoipoi pill XP

He hides it in his pocket, DUH! I mean really! Isn't it obvious?!

Or the animators just erase it from time to time to then re-animate it when it's needed. <<;;

nekusagi
28th February 2006, 9:36 PM
The same place that Team Rocket keeps their mecha, Domino keeps her weapons, and Max keeps that eternal supply of May's Pink Surprise.

I've always thought there's some kind of black hole in the Pokemon world where they keep random stuff to be called back when needed. Or a PC, like in the games.

ChaosMage
28th February 2006, 9:55 PM
Same place as Bugs Bunny and Mary Poppins keep their stuff- in a backpack.

ハルカ and ゴンベ
28th February 2006, 10:08 PM
This is simple, They have Special "Furniture Balls" that store things like Pokeballs.

The Benmeister
28th February 2006, 10:16 PM
He handily rents one from the small store in the middle of nowhere, not recognising the sellers of the pots are obviously Jessie, James and Meowth wearing ridiculous hats as disguises yet somehow aluding Ash and co. after all these years.

Failing that, he steals one from the Pokemon Centre.

intergalactic platypus
28th February 2006, 11:47 PM
Word. No wonder Brocks carrying pot in his backpack. He always seems either really zen or really jittery

Kamex
1st March 2006, 12:23 AM
Lol, reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons. XD

Anyway, the answer's quite simple. Brock's using a new pot every time you see him. He gets the money from the same special, unlimited bank account that he lets everyone else use.

Except Team Rocket, they steal from the account to use it.

Lil Brother
1st March 2006, 12:45 AM
You know, the idea of using Pokeball technology for transporting things makes a lot of sense. o.o I mean, it's not like we haven't seen similar situations. The TR Radio Drama told us something like it is used for the Meowth balloons, why not picnic tables? XD

Chris
1st March 2006, 1:15 AM
He has a hoipoi pill XP

He hides it in his pocket, DUH! I mean really! Isn't it obvious?!

Or the animators just erase it from time to time to then re-animate it when it's needed. <<;;
I seriously like the whole idea of Hoi Poi Capsule-like items being used. XD I guess with the technology they have, they could do it. Although legal problems would appear from Toei or someone..doubt Toriyama would care since he wants nothing to do with Dragon Ball anymore. XD

Raevell
1st March 2006, 5:58 AM
Don't any of you remember the Giselle episode in Kanto with the school? It's already been shown that Brock can keep anything in his backpack. ;)

STJ has provided a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R62tgXUguwU

I assume it's the same with May and her fanny pack... I always thought it was funny a girl with her personality having such a small bag. I bet you could hardly fit one pair of extra clothing in that thing. Probably why she let Max tag along... She probably tossed all her extra clothing in his backpack.

Lord wackruntlje
1st March 2006, 6:42 AM
Well, the series are based on the game, so let's look at that bag. It includes:
A bike
99 little bottles
A lots of stones
99 Pokeballs
And lot's of other stuff.

It seems like it's normal in the pokemon world to have an bag that on the outside looks like a normal bag, but inside is big as a truck. Also everyone must be strong as Mike Tyson to carry all that stuff.

nekusagi
1st March 2006, 12:29 PM
Considering that the theory is that Pokemon are stored as data in their Pokeballs, I wouldn't doubt that items could be stored as data, too. Either that, or that frying pan is the only thing Brock really carries with him. Though it has other uses... remember the "drying pan" in Mewtwo Returns? Not to mention that they managed to stop an impending Dragonite with it in the first movie.

Heracross
1st March 2006, 9:10 PM
Not to mention that they managed to stop an impending Dragonite with it in the first movie.
That was the Kojirou-tachi's frying pan though.

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st March 2006, 9:15 PM
Brock's pot comes from his supplier....OH! That kind of pot! (Trying to be funny...failed)

Yeah, maybe they can store items like they do Pokemon. Or alchemy! Or maybe its a cartoon.

ViNe WhIp
2nd March 2006, 12:01 AM
Hmm...I think its collapsible. I've seen dog dishes that collapse so you can give water to your dog anywhere.

Kanadian Kyuubi
2nd March 2006, 12:13 AM
Umm, in the games people store items in Pokeballs, maybe it also applies to the anime!

Dr. Sun
2nd March 2006, 2:42 AM
In real life, campers have all sorts of equipment that can be collapsed or folded up for easy transport to lighten the load. Given how much time your average pokemon trainer spends on the road, it's not surprising that Ash and company have collapsible pots and cookware, sleeping bags that can be folded up easily, and other such items. They probably don't even need compasses, maps, and other orienteering equipment, given that the Pokegear can help with navigation if you get lost.

Satoshi
2nd March 2006, 3:08 AM
I've always thought there's some kind of black hole in the Pokemon world where they keep random stuff to be called back when needed. Or a PC, like in the games.
Actually, you may have something there. In the games, it said that people used to put there stuff in appricorn. They might also store their things in Item Balls, as you see Monster Balls laying on the ground with something in it in the games.

The anime may not be exactly the same as the games, but that's actually logical.

Yamato-san
2nd March 2006, 6:03 AM
You know, the idea of using Pokeball technology for transporting things makes a lot of sense. o.o I mean, it's not like we haven't seen similar situations. The TR Radio Drama told us something like it is used for the Meowth balloons, why not picnic tables? XD

But wasn't Mondo stating that such technology was exclusive to Rocket Dan at the time of that radio drama? Sure, no doubt that the technology could've leaked to the public by now, but I'm saying the logic couldn't apply to the earlier episodes.

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd March 2006, 12:00 PM
The same place that Team Rocket keeps their mecha, Domino keeps her weapons, and Max keeps that eternal supply of May's Pink Surprise.

Team rocket buy mechas from certain places. Max's bag is big enough to fit enough pokeblock cases for Munchlax. Domino is the only one without an answer there, but you could say she hides them up her sleeves, in her bag or in her clothes. Guess that was a joke though, so...*slaps self*

Like Raevall (sp?) said, in Episode 9 (the School of hard Knocks), Brock had a picnic table in his bag. Looks foldable though. Maybe he puts it in empty pokeballs or in his pokemon's ones? If so, poor Forretress. Marshtomp and Bonsly

GreenKirby
3rd March 2006, 5:54 AM
Don't any of you remember the Giselle episode in Kanto with the school? It's already been shown that Brock can keep anything in his backpack. ;)

STJ has provided a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R62tgXUguwU

I assume it's the same with May and her fanny pack... I always thought it was funny a girl with her personality having such a small bag. I bet you could hardly fit one pair of extra clothing in that thing. Probably why she let Max tag along... She probably tossed all her extra clothing in his backpack.

Classic pokemon episode clip.
I miss Misty she was really funny.

DKzM0mA
3rd March 2006, 5:56 AM
Apparently, it's all from his bag...judging from that clip...

Raevell
3rd March 2006, 5:57 AM
Classic pokemon episode clip.
I miss Misty she was really funny.

Yeah... Those were the good ol' days were the fiery girl had no trouble smacking the two boys upside the head. :D

But anyway, there must be a black hole in in Brock's backpack I suppose.

The Big Al
3rd March 2006, 11:13 AM
Actaully, in a really old fan fic of mine, I had people using "item balls" to hold their larger items (bicycles, bundles of clothes and laundry, mess kit, food supply, personal cloaking device). I know it's not canon but it was influenced by Dragonball which was on at the time I wrote it. So I agree with Ed that although it's not in the anime, something like the hoihoi pills are what people use to store things.

Shadowcat
3rd March 2006, 11:22 AM
I agree with Lupin.

Now... ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THE ANIME!

They can stuff ANYTHING into a backpack and stuff. May's one is even worse, since she has the smallest bag amongst the Main Characters. How she fits random stuff in it, is a puzzle too.

Raticate
5th March 2006, 7:02 PM
hmmmmm...Brock could have a portable PC...or like people suggest item balls. Or maybe he's really strong and carries everything in his backpack. Would an onix in a Pokeball weigh the same as a regular onix. If it does, he could carry cooking pots and everything else

ash5550
8th March 2006, 9:41 PM
Sorry if this is over dated, I don't know. Anyways, in one episode, Brock pulled an entire table out of his backpack. So, bringing a pot would amke sense with him.

Astinus
10th March 2006, 4:50 AM
Deus ex machina... When the pot is needed for humor, it comes out. Who knows or care from where. It just appears. Like the table in episode nine. It was all there for humor.

Then again...It's just a show. We should really just relax. (Sorry Jesse!)

Alphonse Elric
16th March 2006, 12:29 PM
I agree with the whole "item ball" thing. Yeah, I know that Anime =/= Game, but in this case, it may be possible. Yeah, maybe the items they store in Item Balls CAN be converted into pixelated data, just like Pokemon.

pikachu_rocks19
19th March 2006, 6:07 AM
Hmmm maybe a folding pot?

Alphonse Elric
19th March 2006, 8:37 AM
Hmmm maybe a folding pot?
Folding Pot? Yeah there are folding dog dishes, but I've never heard of folding pots before.
There are probably only 4 possible answers to where and how Brock keeps his cooking pot:
1. His backpack. NOTE: Anime =/= Game, I've said this a million times, but it MAY be possible that there's a quantum hole in the bag with enough space for bulk objects. (Example: In the games, you have a really small pack but you can fit a bike in it.) This is still quite acceptable though it messes with the Laws of Physics... Heck, its just an anime after all.
2. Item Balls. Again, Anime =/= Game, but it is possible, a nifty place to put random objects in for storage or later use, unless the animators simply erase the item and magically bring it back in.
3. A PC. I know, there's way too much game logic involved in the Pokemon World's storage system. But what the heck. It counts as a possible way Brock stores his pot.
4. He buys cheap, disposable, tetanus-laden scrap metal pots at the flea market. I doubt it though.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Gily
20th March 2006, 1:58 AM
i say book bag...but you know anime

eonteam123456
30th October 2006, 4:18 PM
I say book bag.

Goodness Gravy Me
30th October 2006, 8:16 PM
You don't think Brock is receiving pots, tables, Pokémon food, episode scripts etc. from the REAL WORLD, do you? (as if any of us have ever been there)

Jesse GS the II
30th October 2006, 8:40 PM
Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a...

Oh, screw it. You get the idea.

Drew Andrews
31st October 2006, 7:28 AM
This is simple, They have Special "Furniture Balls" that store things like Pokeballs.
Not a bad idea.

Word. No wonder Brocks carrying pot in his backpack. He always seems either really zen or really jittery
Hoho.

Anyway, the answer's quite simple. Brock's using a new pot every time you see him. He gets the money from the same special, unlimited bank account that he lets everyone else use.
Yeah, right. As if. Where does the cash come from?

Then again, maybe he has a laptop, then withdraws from his PC like for secret base.