PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Emerald Map Help (example provided)

Porygandrew
28th February 2006, 8:26 PM
I'm actually recreating my interactive map in both Director and Flash. What I need, though, are percentages of pokemon appearances in land and in water(Surf,fish,etc). Only a couple of guides at GameFAQs have percentages and even then, they don't have all of them.

This is a crude mock-up of what I began the map with. So far the only thing to work is Route 102, everything else is blank.

So if anyone can provide pokemon appearance perdentages and not "Rare", "Common", etc, it would be greatly appreciated.

and here's the link to the crude file mock-up.
http://studentweb.uwstout.edu/hagenan/interactive02.html
(And yes, it's going to be for a class :P)

Kane
28th February 2006, 11:47 PM
what do you do in it?

Poliwhirl
28th February 2006, 11:48 PM
there is a slight error

there isnt a battle tower in emerald like R/S it should be the Battle Frontier

the battle tower goes up over Mauville City

it looks kinda rare too me I have never seen a hoeen ma this big

weird comment huh?

Porygandrew
1st March 2006, 1:43 AM
If you click on Route 102, it should show you the route information page. nothing else works and this is only the R/S map, not the Emerald one. I plan on changing it later to have the in-game map instead of the sugimori map.

Again, this is by far from completed, but it's something ^-^;;

SuperShadow the Hedgehog
15th April 2006, 2:39 AM
nice, I like it. Just work on the quality of the images and maybe the grammer or something. For the encounters, try formatting it differently. PM if you want to see what I would make it look like in my opinion.

The Organizer
16th April 2006, 1:37 PM
Its pretty good,

Twitch
16th April 2006, 3:21 PM
;227; It's really good so far, but I found a glitch: When you switch view from one Trainer to another, the Types of the two Youngsters' Pokemon (depending on which one you viewed first) stay and overwrite the Types of the Bug Catcher and Lass's Pokemon, e.g. Dark and nothing Wurmples or Normal/ Normal/Flying Wurmples/whatever Pokes the Lass has.

Other than that it works beautifully. Keep on!

EDIT: Actually, the BC and Lass's Pokemon have no Types before you view one of the Youngsters' Pokemon.

azurill
16th April 2006, 3:47 PM
the map doesn't work for me,all see is a big pic

Twitch
16th April 2006, 3:54 PM
;227; Try clicking on Route 102. >_>

Porygandrew
18th April 2006, 12:16 AM
Hey Twitch, thanks a lot! Keep an eye out for more errors, okay? ^__^

SuperShadow the Hedgehog, I'd love to see what you'd do differently. Always looking for input!

Twitch
19th April 2006, 6:21 PM
;227; Ok, I will. As long as YOU keep updating this cool map. ^_^

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
19th April 2006, 6:54 PM
Why isn't it working. I mean i see the map, I just can't click on anything.

Porygandrew
20th April 2006, 1:36 PM
Why isn't it working. I mean i see the map, I just can't click on anything.

You should be able to click on Route 102, Oldale town & Petalburg City. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Dark Pheonix
20th April 2006, 2:03 PM
The link is broke i cant get on.

bLASTOIse_MAsTer
21st April 2006, 2:07 AM
Well I can click on Route 102 but not Petalburg or Oldale. Try updating the link. Otherwise, this has EXCELLENT potential. I love it so far.

Porygandrew
21st April 2006, 1:45 PM
Thanks! :D

Although I do have one question for y'all. Does anyone know how to get the sound effects from the games? I plan on adding music and sound, and would like to use the actual game's noises (such as when you click on something, it chimes and when you close something it.... farts or something).

Magma Leader Maxie
21st April 2006, 4:48 PM
A nice map, but probably too big a project to ever finish....

You need hacking software to rip audio from the games. But that's illegal so we shouldn't talk about it here at SPPf. However, people do do this, so if you know the right people and ask nicely...<cough>