PDA

View Full Version : 5 new games

cxoa
1st March 2006, 12:20 PM
Having looked at the page for the pokemon tournament in the us, it says the winner will recieve 5 upcoming pokemon games, i assume these include ranger, mysterious dungeon, link, and possibly diamond and pearl?

Redtag
1st March 2006, 3:11 PM
PROOF. Now

~Shining-Metagross~
1st March 2006, 4:13 PM
This has been discussed many times. We ASUME It will be Ranger, Mysterious Dungion Red and blue, and link. 5 Games.

PROOF. Now
You know, please will get you far in life. ¬_¬

MaskedManAbsolkid
1st March 2006, 4:22 PM
^That's 4 games. Red and Blue are two. Link is one, and ranger is one. That makes 4. There's only 2 Mysterious Dungeon games. Wondering what game 5 is, doubt it's D/P, it may be a American-made game.

~Shining-Metagross~
1st March 2006, 4:28 PM
^That's 4 games. Red and Blue are two. Link is one, and ranger is one. That makes 4. There's only 2 Mysterious Dungeon games. Wondering what game 5 is, doubt it's D/P, it may be a American-made game.
Miscounted, sorry. =P But the fifth one is most likely to be Emerald in my books. Its the latest Pokemon game out in the Us, and I can't see them making a just Us game.

MaskedManAbsolkid
1st March 2006, 4:34 PM
Wrong again :p Pokemon XD is the newest. It came out in october, emerald came out in April, nearly a year ago.

I think there's been a non-japan game before. IIRC, wasn't Puzzle league never released in Japan because if wasn't created there?

Serebii
1st March 2006, 4:35 PM
Na, I have a hunch that another game will be revealed to fill the gap between Ranger (March) and DP (November) in Japan and that that game is the one thats being counted

~Shining-Metagross~
1st March 2006, 4:41 PM
Wrong again :p Pokemon XD is the newest. It came out in october, emerald came out in April, nearly a year ago.

I think there's been a non-japan game before. IIRC, wasn't Puzzle league never released in Japan because if wasn't created there?
Damn, getting all the facts wrong today. =P

Na, I have a hunch that another game will be revealed to fill the gap between Ranger (March) and DP (November) in Japan and that that game is the one thats being counted
Well, if your "hunch" is right, then I hope it is as good quality as Ranger/Dungeon looks.

MaskedManAbsolkid
1st March 2006, 4:50 PM
Is November a guess date for D/P?

Anyway, if it is a new game, then I guess they're pretty far into production? if so, hope it's a good one.

BTW, when does the contest for the games end?

Kein
1st March 2006, 7:27 PM
I must say that it is ironic for the two of us to share the same opinion. If you happen to remember, you started a forum thread in June 2004 pertaining to a mysterious game that was rumored to be announced the following month. You, as many other members, assumed that to be one of the next generation games, despite the fact it would have logically been two games in that case. I suggested the game would be the third game to Ruby and Sapphire, particularly since it was too early for a full-fledged announcement of the next generation. Irrespective of my argument, everyone seemed to have dismissed the idea on the grounds that FireRed and LeafGreen had filled the need for a third game. Needless to say, the game in question was Emerald - Diamond and Pearl were only revealed later that year, and their "announcement" was merely limited to title names.

I am not bringing this up to open a box of worms, on the contrary - I am impressed that after a year and a half you have changed your views on "repetitive" games. It would appear that the majority of players are primarily interested in the sensation of exploration, and by that I am referring to new Pokémon. Granted, the pair of games that define each generation have more to offer, but to reach its potential a generation cannot consist of these two games alone. In other words, the question should not be how much time has passed since the beginning of the current generation (Ruby and Sapphire's Japanese release), but rather, whether nothing more can be done to supplement the generation as a whole.

The aforementioned question was relevant prior to Emerald's release, and remains so to this date. From that time till now, XD was also released and served its role in unlocking some of the unused data, but the validity of the question has been left in tact. There is ample of unused data in the third generation games, and while the same held true for the English version of Crystal, at least the Japanese version could be regarded as being complete. In this case, the Japanese and English versions (and otherwise) are on equal grounds, but the problem lies in that higher standards have been put forth. Most notably, Game Freak developed a parallel series to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - FireRed and LeafGreen.

It is plain to see that I am in fact suggesting the purported new game will be a third game to FireRed and LeafGreen. In my eyes, anyone who has played the games should be able to assert that they constitute a series on its own right. That is to say, they go far beyond the notion of adding the older generation Pokémon to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. It follows that a third game to finalize the series on the one hand, and the third generation on the other, is well in order.

From a practical viewpoint, I must first stress that none of the current four Path to Diamond and Pearl games was developed by Game Freak, not even Ranger. As such, the development of these games could not have possibly interfered with that of Diamond and Pearl, which raises the question what else could account for the one-year delay of the games. Observing the past two generations, Ruby and Sapphire were announced soon after Crystal's release in a straightforward fashion. With Gold and Silver, their beta forms were unveiled after Japanese Blue had been distributed, but they were ultimately delayed as to incorporate them into the Game Boy Color environment. As fans had expected the games to be released in 1998, Yellow came as an alternative that was soon deemed the true supplementary addition to the first generation. Thereafter, Gold and Silver were revealed in their true forms (including the names).

Essentially, Diamond and Pearl have always been slated for the Nintendo DS under their current names, but their announcement following Emerald's release was of a different nature - lacking official artwork to represent the games. This fact has not changed since, with the only details known about the games being far too general to count as solid impressions. Presumably, the third game has always been in mind, and the plan is to showcase Diamond and Pearl once it has been released. As for when the game will even be announced, I personally think it would have already been announced had it not been for marketing considerations (potential collision with Ranger's upcoming release).

If to trust my instincts, now that Ranger's release is ever so imminent, the third game could very well be announced in this month's CoroCoro. Furthermore, the Pokémon Wonderland magazine will also be published this month, and assuming it bears the same content as CoroCoro, a preview of its cover may be enough to confirm the game's existence (as was the exact case with Emerald).

Serebii
1st March 2006, 9:14 PM
While I agree with you in theory Kein, I dont agree with your choice of game...I was thinking more along the lines of a different genre spin-off game but you do make a good case to backup your theory

Although it does kinda make sense as there was that competition in December for a player's idea to be implemented and the Director said he intends to try and implement all DS functions in DP in January implying that they have really only just got into the hardcore creation (i.e. non Pokémon/Attack creation, more story...area orientated etc.)

We shall wait and see :)

Redtag
1st March 2006, 11:38 PM
3rd Dunegeon game maybe...? I remember seeing an article on IGN about a Pikachu Dungeon Adventure game...I don't know if that turned into the Dungeon games we have right now or not but who knows..All I know is that Nintendo needs to give us something about Dungeon because I want to play it in English...

Poke`King
9th March 2006, 3:36 AM
Hey everyone I don't want to sound ignorant and be a fool, but Link(Trozei) already came out in the U.S.. So it is presumed that the games are going to be D/P, Ranger, and red and blue.

Token
12th March 2006, 9:25 PM
Oh yes, because of course they'll give us a game that hasn't been made yet. Genius. Im leaning towards a fighting game or something for the DS. yanno, with Blaziken beating the crap out of a Richu, stuff like that.

Erus Black Mage
12th March 2006, 9:48 PM
5th could be trozei even though it says upcoming

Torchic23
12th March 2006, 9:53 PM
5th could be trozei even though it says upcoming

It just depends on how old the information is. This could have been said before Trozei was out so ya never know

They said all this for the USA? Heh, I didn't know that. Nintendo better get working if you guys are right about Ranger and Dungeon

Mequuh
12th March 2006, 10:00 PM
I know this sounds stupid, but the only thing that I can think the game will be is Yellow.. Though I doubt we wouldn't know of it if it was going to come.

stu770
13th March 2006, 8:28 AM
they might have a new game that bring out for the nintendo revolution because that is coming out around october so they might bring out a pokemon game on it

YoshiAngemon
15th March 2006, 2:45 PM
I know this sounds stupid, but the only thing that I can think the game will be is Yellow.. Though I doubt we wouldn't know of it if it was going to come.

Don't you mean "Thunder Yellow?" Besides that, maybe the new game might end up being an Advanced version of Pokémon Puzzle League, with May & Max, The Hoenn Gym Leaders, Team Rocket with their new Pokémon, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Drew, and Harley.