PDA

View Full Version : Some movesets made by an IV/EV trainer rookie.

Xtra
2nd March 2006, 12:52 AM
I'm a rookie to the more advanced training techniques, like IV's and EV's. But I'm learning, and I will get better with time.

Now that that's out of the way, here are a few movesets that I made for some of the pokemon that I have the basic forms of in Emerald. I was wondering what you thought of them:

Beautifly @ Shell Bell
Quiet

Attack/Special Attack/Speed-168, HP-6

Stun Spore (Paralize)
Silver Wind (STAB)
Giga Drain (helps keep HP up)
Psychic (A strong move)

Since Beautifly's strenth is in it's attack and special attack, I use it as a straight-out attacker. Since it's kind of weak in the defence department, I gave it Shell Bell and Giga drain to keep it from fainting.

---

Dustox @ Quick Claw
Bold

Defence/Special Defence/Speed-168, HP-6

Protect
Light Screen
Toxic
Swagger

A annoyer/staller. I use Protect and Light Screen to last longer. Toxic is used for poison, and Swagger is used for confusion.

---
Shiftry @ Focus Band
Chlorophyll
Lonely/Naughty/Rash/Mild

Attack/Special attack-252, HP-6

-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Extrasensory
-Explosion

A Mixed Sweeper set

With Sunny Day doubling my speed, and also making Solarbeam a one-turn attack, it makes this plant a force to be rekoned with. Extrasensory will give him some variety.

Then the Focus band may keep him from being knocked out. If it does, I'll use that chance to explode and take both pokemon out.

Your thoughts?

MondoTR
2nd March 2006, 1:07 AM
Wrong section.

*moves*

Flames Galore
2nd March 2006, 3:38 AM
I'm not great at EVs and IVs but I can certainly help with the movesets.

I'm a rookie to the more advanced training techniques, like IV's and EV's. But I'm learning, and I will get better with time.

Now that that's out of the way, here are a few movesets that I made for some of the pokemon that I have the basic forms of in Emerald. I was wondering what you thought of them:

Honestly, Beautifly sucks even more than Dustox, so I would dump it. There are much better pokes out there to use than this. Just don't use it.
---

Dustox @ Leftovers
Bold

Sludge Bomb
Light Screen/Moonlight
Toxic
Silver Wind/Moonlight

Overall, Dustox isn't that great. Remember to have at least one attacking move so if Dustox is your last poke, you're not dead. Sludge Bomb and Silver Wind for STAB, and think about dumping one of these moves (Silver Wind or Light Screen for Moonlight, since you seem to want a staller). EVs look good, glad you made them defensive.

---
Shiftry @ Focus Band/[b]Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Lonely/Naughty/Rash/Mild

-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Extrasensory/HP Fire/HP Ice
-Explosion

[b]This is very similar to an old shiftry set I saw once. The only thing I might change is HP Fire or Ice instead of Extrasensory. Or try this:

Shadow Ball
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Explosion

A nice physical set.

Your thoughts?

There you go.

StrayedBullet
2nd March 2006, 9:29 AM
Dustox and Beautifly- DITCH!

Shiftry@leftovers
Nature: Lonely
EV's: 252 Atk/ 160 Spd/ Rest S.Atk
Chlorophyll
-Explosion
-Fake Out
-Extrasensory
-Swords Dance

KABOOM! not sure about shiftry. GOOD bug pokes are Heracross and Ninjask. use them instead of Beautifly and Dustox.

-SB ;001;

Xtra
2nd March 2006, 1:59 PM
Not sure about shiftry. GOOD bug pokes are Heracross and Ninjask. use them instead of Beautifly and Dustox.

I never did intend to use them for serious play. But right now, it's still pretty early in the game for me (trying to catch a pokemon with the right gender and/or nature slows me down, as well as trying to find the right pokemon to beat up for the right EV's).

aipomkong
2nd March 2006, 5:34 PM
Leftovers = 1/16th recovery every turn

Shell Bell = 1/16th recovery maximum, needing a lot of damage

so, Leftovers is always better then Shell Bell

ZNtelle
3rd March 2006, 7:06 AM
I never did intend to use them for serious play. But right now, it's still pretty early in the game for me (trying to catch a pokemon with the right gender and/or nature slows me down, as well as trying to find the right pokemon to beat up for the right EV's).
It would be great if you could post the rest of your team so that we could give more insight then - unless that is all of your team. I can tell you now that a Flying-type would obliterate it in its current state.

Xtra
3rd March 2006, 4:21 PM
It would be great if you could post the rest of your team so that we could give more insight then - unless that is all of your team. I can tell you now that a Flying-type would obliterate it in its current state.

It's not. It's just some movesets that I made, when I was planning how I was going to train them.

Leftovers = 1/16th recovery every turn

Shell Bell = 1/16th recovery maximum, needing a lot of damage

so, Leftovers is always better then Shell Bell

I looked on the site, and it says that Shell Bell restores 1/8 of the damamge inflicted. If the opponent has a type disadvantage, and has a low defence or special defence (and I throw the right type of move), the damage can add up.

aipomkong
3rd March 2006, 8:08 PM
1/8 of the damage dealt, but still only up to 1/16th of your maximum hp iirc

Metal Force
3rd March 2006, 9:23 PM
Beautifly @LEFTOVERS
Quiet

Attack/Special Attack/Speed-168, HP-6

AERIAL ACE
Silver Wind (STAB)
Giga Drain (helps keep HP up)
DOUBLE TEAM

Dustox @ Quick Claw
Bold

MOONLIGHT
Light Screen
Toxic
Swagger

Shiftry @ Focus Band
Chlorophyll
Lonely/Naughty/Rash/Mild

-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Extrasensory
-Explosion

Your thoughts?
the ones I bolded are attack that you should change to .

Freakshow
3rd March 2006, 11:48 PM
1/8 of the damage dealt, but still only up to 1/16th of your maximum hp iirc
No, it does the healing equal to 1/8 of the damage dealt. Which means in a double battle, a Groudon knocking down 3 blisseys with Earthquake can restore up to ~264 of his HP

ZNtelle
5th March 2006, 7:30 AM
By the way, don't listen to Metal power's suggestions. Seeing Double Team is already enough of an indicator why.