PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Sceptile (Or at least, what i have planned for it)

Xtra
2nd March 2006, 1:54 AM
Sceptile @ Shell Bell
Modest
Special Attack-252, Speed-252, HP-6

-Leaf Blade
-Agility
-Crunch
-Thunderpunch

Using it's advantage in Special attack, I put together a set of 3 powerful Special moves. And since there's three diffrent types of moves, Sceptile has a lot of variety as well.

Agility ensures that Sceptile will be able to hit first. The Special attack stat, as well as the special moves, will hit the opponent hard. And Shell bell will help Sceptile stay on it's feet

Brute Root
2nd March 2006, 1:57 AM
I've herd Leech Seed on a Sceptile is good....but idk fer sure.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
2nd March 2006, 2:32 AM
Sceptile outspeeds almost everything in the game. Agility is just useless. It's like giving Ninjask Agility.

I suppose replace it with Dragon Claw, but Substitute and Leech Seed work better with Sceptile as a whole. Sweeping Sceptile is cool, though, because it has high Speed and Base Sp. Attack.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

aipomkong
2nd March 2006, 4:28 PM
Just starting off with a rant, there have been so many threads about Sceptile lately, all threads will just end up with the 'USE SUNNY DAY + SOLARBEAM IT'S TEH PWNZORZ'

anyway

Substitute
Leech Seed
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw/thunderpunch
@ Leftovers

Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
thunderpunch
Substitute / HP Fire / Hp Ice
@ Petaya Berry / Leftovers

those are the best sets for Sceptile

also Leftovers > Shell Bell all the time

At most Shell Bell can recover 1/16th of your maximum HP, and that is by causing a bucketload of damage in one turn

While Leftovers will always recover 1/16th of your HP every turn without fail, unless of course it in knocked off

Tazzler
2nd March 2006, 8:29 PM
^I prefer crunch over dragon claw on sweeping set.

Also, endeavor.

ZNtelle
3rd March 2006, 5:55 AM
I'd take 0mastar's Subseeding set with Thunderpunch over Dragon Claw.

Xtra
3rd March 2006, 3:43 PM
I never liked Leech seed. Too weak. If I wanted to suck the HP out of a pokemon, I just could have slapped on Giga Drain.

Dragon Claw would be more useful for Latios/Latias, since they're actually Dragon types.

Substitute, though, is a good option. And if I regain enough health before the substitute breaks, I can keep sending them out there.

And a Petaya berry really isn't something I'd use. I never used the X (insert stat here) items, so why would I use that? And it's not even needed, since Sceptile has overgrow.

Fluorescent Adolescent
3rd March 2006, 5:15 PM
I never liked Leech seed. Too weak. If I wanted to suck the HP out of a pokemon, I just could have slapped on Giga Drain.

Dragon Claw would be more useful for Latios/Latias, since they're actually Dragon types.

Substitute, though, is a good option. And if I regain enough health before the substitute breaks, I can keep sending them out there.

And a Petaya berry really isn't something I'd use. I never used the X (insert stat here) items, so why would I use that? And it's not even needed, since Sceptile has overgrow.

Leech seed sucks the crap out of tanks and special walls/anything that switches into it. You then keep subbing whilst annoying the **** out of the opponent (or in this case owning the AI). Giga drain is lol when not only sceptile has leaf blade, but giga drain has 5 PP which is awful. Not to mention it's an awful way to recover considering leech seed will do better for it. Leaf Blade has a high CH ratio also.

Leftovers>Petaya berry for subseed version.

Freakshow
3rd March 2006, 10:36 PM
Read the above poster

IMO:
Sceptile @ Leftovers/Petaya
Modest nature
-Leaf Blade
-Thunderpunch
-Substitute
-Leech Seed

BTW Xtra, Petaya + Overgrow HURTS. A CH Leaf Blade with these boosts does over 50% to Blissey

ZNtelle
5th March 2006, 6:32 AM
If you don't like SubSeeding, try Endeavor over Leech Seed.