PDA

View Full Version : fighting pokemon

captain_insane-o
2nd March 2006, 2:27 PM
ok. i am new to the forums.lol. and me and my friend did the trade thing to get bulbasaur squirtle, and charmander. but i still need a fighting pokemon and a physcic pokemon. i have a mankey right now but i don't think he's all that great. so what fighting pokemon and physcic pokemon should i get? i was planing on gettting and alkazam. and then i was going to wait until you get the hitmonchan . so any suggestions??

fhqwhgads
2nd March 2006, 2:45 PM
Machamp. And once you can, get some foreign Fighting type.

Grymyrk
2nd March 2006, 8:06 PM
if you're gonna get one of the pokes from the fighting dojo get hitmonlee.

Stardust25
2nd March 2006, 8:29 PM
Early on in FireRed/LeafGreen, there aren't a whole lot of Fighting types available to you. Later on, when you are able to do some trading with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, you will be able to trade for some from them games. Until you get the National Pokédex, you are pretty much limited to Mankey/Primeape, Poliwrath, Machop/Machoke/Machamp, and Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan. Later on when you can get to Island 6, you can also get Heracross, which is an excellent Pokémon, but that is very late in the game. For now, stick with Machop. If you want a Hitmon later, you can certainly use one, but you will find Machop earlier in the game, so you may want one until you get to Saffron City. As for a Psychic type, Alakazam is a very good choice.

Grymyrk
2nd March 2006, 9:37 PM
i totally forgot you were looking for a psychic pokemon as well. if you've got LG [or your friend has and can trade it to you] get a slowbro. he gets lumped in with all the water types and so i don't imagine anyone thinks of him as a good defensive psychic type

Swampert fan
3rd March 2006, 10:42 AM
Very good psychic for me is Alakazam.
If you want good fighting type try beat fighting Doyo or Machamp

Raden Surya
3rd March 2006, 12:18 PM
Machamp is the best fighting type..It can learn a lot of useful Fighting Type moves. I used it to beat the Elite Four.

pikachu146
3rd March 2006, 1:22 PM
I suggest you should get a Heracross.It can do the endure reversal combo with a Salac berry.But you need the national dex first.

Swampert fan
3rd March 2006, 2:34 PM
Yes. If you want perfect steel-psychic. Zhat is Matagross. I think it can learn Brick Break

Dratini927
4th March 2006, 6:30 AM
Should go into the In-Game Rates.

*Moves*

SapphireL
4th March 2006, 7:29 AM
Alakazam, Slobro, Hypno, and Exeggutor are good Psychic Pokemon. If you can't trade, I suggest Hypno.

Hypno (Modest Nature) @Leftovers
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Thunder Wave/Safeguard (SG ingame)
-Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch

as for a fighting Pokemon, Machamp and Hitmonlee are reliable... but if you can't trade to evolve,

Hitmonlee (Adamant Nature) @Leftovers/Choice Band
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
-Hi Jump Kick
-EQ
-Rock Slide
-Mach Punch (for Choice Band)/Meditiate <-maybe :/

and since this really isn't "Give Me a Team" and you need to list your entire team...

closed