PDA

View Full Version : Odd Egg Shiny percentage?

MaskedManAbsolkid
2nd March 2006, 5:30 PM
Is the Odd Egg shiny percentage 50%? I read different in loads of places. I wanna know, since I'm trying to get a shiny from that egg.

Edit: I got a Shiny Igglybuff from the egg. Not the shiny I wanted but at least its shiny! I can't seem to delete any of my posts, meaning I can't delete the topic. so can a mod lock it for me?

TheMusicMan
4th March 2006, 8:25 AM
I see you changed your name, Absol... IIRC, the chances of getting a shiny from the odd egg are 1/8, or 12.5%.

pyroboi27
4th March 2006, 8:37 AM
what's an odd egg?

Ex_Mightyena
4th March 2006, 9:26 AM
absolkid:Wow i didnt know u posted more than 3000 times thats awesome!

anyway i dont know the percentage but i got a shiny tyrogue from it XD

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th March 2006, 4:05 PM
Actually, like I edited in the first post, I don't need help anymore. Hours after posting that, I hatched a shiny Igglybuff, and I tried to delete the topic, but I can't seem to delete the topic, so I need the topic locked.

BTW, an Odd Egg is an egg that is given to you in Crystal by the Daycare Man, and this egg is special because it can hatch into a Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Tyrogue, Magby, Elekid, Smoochum and I think Togepi. But it's even more special because it has a high chance of being a shiny. That was directed to the person who asked.

pokemaniac777
26th March 2006, 6:04 PM
Of the Odd Eggs I've gotten, only the first one I got hatched into a shiny. It was an Igglybuff.

Moonlight.
26th March 2006, 7:34 PM
Hmm...I've always wondered this. I've heard two answers: 50% and 1/8, but I've never tried for myself.

POKErUsAm
26th March 2006, 7:37 PM
where in the world do you get an odd egg?
i have heard you get a shiny(50%) chance of a shiny! i want one!

Shiney_Hunter_Tauros_Rule
1st April 2006, 5:58 PM
I dont think its 50% otherwise more people would have a shiny(if only my odd egg elekid had been shiny :'()

Dunsparce
7th April 2006, 2:06 AM
It must be 1/8, because I've gotten A Shiny from the Egg in many save files (On both ROMs and Cartridges)

Neo
7th April 2006, 9:45 PM
It would make more sense to me if it was 1/8, but I heard it was 50%. I've only ever got 2 shinies from the hundreds of odd eggs I've gone through (well, probably about 10-20 times I've played through it cos I get bored easily :D) and they were both Smoochum's. Oh, and I've never got a male baby from that stupid egg!