PDA

View Full Version : Chansey. <3

Starfishy-chan
3rd March 2006, 11:13 PM
I was lucky yesterday. I kept encountering Chansey after Chansey in the Safari Zone. And of course, I couldn't catch any of them. Until I found one and caught it with my final Safari Ball. Whee. <3

So. I think Chansey'd make a really good final addition to my team. I'm not sure of what moveset to use, but I'm thinking of using her as a sponge. She has a neutral nature at the moment, so I'm going to be doing a bit of breeding...I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer. ^^; What nature would be good for my Chansey/Blissey, and what EVs should I train her in?

I've been reccommended to get Aromatherapy, or Heal Bell. But those are both egg moves, I believe, and I'm unsure of how to breed them onto Chansey. It can only breed with members of the Fairy Egg Group, right? But Aromatherapy is learned by Grass/Poison Pokemon. So. How can I breed it? @w@ I don't have access to Ruby/Sapphire, so don't suggest a Pokemon from there. D:

So. As a wrap-up: What moveset/nature/EVs/egg moves? In general, I'm just looking for a bit of advice.

I apologize for the length, and if this isn't an appropriate thread for this forum. I'm still a bit confused. Don't hurt the newblet. ^^;;

Orion-Sama
3rd March 2006, 11:35 PM
The recommended Nature is Bold. The EVs are 252 HP, 252 Defense and 6 Speed, I believe...

Moveset? Seismic Toss, Thunder Wave, Aromateraphy/Heal Bell and Softboiled is good. You can change Seismic Toss for a Special Attack (Ice Beam is recommended.), though you'll have to destine a few EVs to Special Attack if you're doing so.

As for the Pokémon that can breed Heal Bell/Aromateraphy to her... there's none in FR/LG. None absolutely. You'll need either Roselia, Snubull/Granbull or Skitty/Delcatty. All unavailable in said games... you'll have to get one in one way or another. =/

Starfishy-chan
3rd March 2006, 11:48 PM
*jots down notes* Thanks for all the advice, Orion. :3

Darn. D: Ah well, I can try convincing my cousin to lend me his Ruby. x3

To Four Island, up, up, and away!

SHUCKLE MAN
3rd March 2006, 11:54 PM
My favorite Chansey moveset in-game is Toxic, Aromatherapy, Softboiled and Counter. I mainly poison the opponent and stall with Softboiled if the opponent uses Special Attacks. If the opponent uses physical attacks I use Counter. If I get poisoned/paralyzed, etc. I use Aromatherapy. This is why Blissey is known for being almost invincible on Netbattle. Chansey's softboiled is also VERY useful on the field due to its amazing amount of HP, softboiled, natural cure, and the ability to heal the whole team of status problems.

öpi
4th March 2006, 1:06 AM
bliss@lefties
max hp max def rest spdef
+def -atk
Natural Cure
~Softboiled
~Seismic Toss
~Thunderwave/Toxic/Counter
~Aromatherapy

or

bliss@lefties
max hp 30 or something spatk rest def
+def -atk
serene grace
~icebeam
~softboiled
~thunderwave/thunderbolt
~aromatherapy

so or something like that i'd recommend...

öpi

Dratini927
4th March 2006, 1:46 AM
Should be in the In-Game Rates section.

*Moves*

Tazzler
4th March 2006, 1:50 AM
Bold.

252 Defense/212 Hp/44 Special Defense

aipomkong
4th March 2006, 2:22 PM
waiting for the usual 'PUTTING DEFENCE ON BLISSY SUX0RZ'

anyway

Bold - 252 HP / 252 def / 6 sdef (212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Sdef if you have perfect IVs)
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Starfishy-chan
4th March 2006, 3:26 PM
Seems like Bold and EV training for HP/Defense is pretty unanimous. <3 Thanks for all the help, guys.

I'm having a wicked hard time breeding Chansey now. xD I keep trying to get a male Jigglypuff, so I can breed Ice Beam onto it...But now I'm beginning to doubt that there's such a thing as a boy Jigglypuff. >>;

ZNtelle
5th March 2006, 7:00 AM
You know, there's always such as thing as a TM. If not Ice Beam, you could use Seismic Toss as well.