PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Grinning Demon

klducks
4th March 2006, 12:35 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/onslaught/grinning_demon.jpg
Grinning Demon - Onslaught. Rare
2BB: Creature - Demon
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 2 life.
Morph 2BB (You may play this face down as a 2/2 creature for 3. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)
It's drawn to the scent of screaming.
6/6

bad card. Oh look, its a 6/6 thatll get chump blocked. And by the time you'll be able to pass though, OH MY you lost 10 life already. No evasion is bad. Sure there was the argument about Bioplasm about being able to pass through eventually at a small price of being milled. I think that card is a little tickle compared to losing 2 life every upkeep on this card.

Moroii is my first thought, looking at this card and thinking whats a better pick.

The only reason why you're playing this card is if you sadly need a 2/2 for a 3 drop and nothing else.

The Duck's Rating: 1/5

Shadow Trainer
4th March 2006, 12:44 AM
An excellent card for Suicide black decks. Two life a turn is a small price to pay for a 6/6 that can come down turn four. You can also morph it on turn three and then turn it face up on turn four to escape the life loss for a turn. 3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
4th March 2006, 3:31 PM
Flesh Reaver from Urza's Saga pwns this thing, so I wouldn't bother. But with a trample ultility (which are now common....like Fists of Ironwood) or a life-regen-ing thing, this monster could work wonders. Let's give it more credit and say 3/5. I might have given it a four if it came with trample....

skiboydoggy
6th March 2006, 10:51 AM
Flesh Reaver trashes your own *** no matter what you do, therefore I insist that most of these suicide cards are pure evil.
Demon = Freaky and somewhat useless without a deck pumped with Evasion.

Felix Feral Fezirix
7th March 2006, 4:47 PM
I luff Rune of Protection! Go me!

skiboydoggy
8th March 2006, 10:16 AM
Not all of us can afford 25 buck boosters.