PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I stay logged IN?

~Ghostwriter~
4th March 2006, 12:25 AM
There's a whole thread about people who can't log OUT.

I have a little bit of a different problem, which has been happening since I got validated and was able to post - I can't seem to stay logged in.

Take today - I came here and logged in...and like 10 minutes later, I was just about to post a reply when, after I clicked 'post reply', it said 'You are not logged in, yada yada yada', and I had to log in AGAIN. So I do and of course it said I had an invalid thread (I didn't) and to contact the administrator and stuff.

Well, this happens a lot - I'm gone for five minutes, or looking at another window, or even just typing my post (which doesn't really take all that long). I have no idea what happens - it says up there that I am logged in, but then sometimes I'll try to post something or go to the User CP, and *boom* I'm not logged anymore...someone help me out, please? Why does it keep logging me out? Sorry if this is a stupid question....

~Ghostwriter~

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
4th March 2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah that happened once just cuz I took sum time writing a post...why people?!

Virtual Headache
4th March 2006, 12:28 AM
Did you tick the "Remember me" box when logging in?

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
4th March 2006, 12:29 AM
I did...That only started to happen to me two months ago...

Eszett
4th March 2006, 12:31 AM
Make sure your browser isn't denying the cookie that it needs to stay logged in.

~Ghostwriter~
4th March 2006, 12:33 AM
Yay! I'm not the only person with that problem!

To Pika2000: No...what exactly does it do? That's another thing though - is when it's another window, half the time it's still on the forums. And sometimes I've been gone longer and it hasn't done it.

EDIT: Why does it need a cookie - especially if I'm still on the forums when it happens?

Fiery Blaziken
4th March 2006, 12:34 AM
Add http://www.serebiiforums.com to the list of allowed sites in your cookies options.

Shigaiko
4th March 2006, 12:37 AM
I don't think you've ever heard of a computer illiterate. They barely know how to access this forum, let alone change their browsers settings.

If you're running Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options. Navigate to the 'Privacy' tab, then click 'Edit' in the bottom box. Then type 'serebiiforums.com' into the box, and click 'allow'. That's it really.

~Ghostwriter~
4th March 2006, 12:55 AM
I'll try it....if it doesn't work it'll prove that my computer is, as my father says, a hunk-a'-junk.

EDIT: There isn't a 'Privacy' tab on mine...and I did everything you said to do, and I checked all the other tabs, and none of them had your description, dag-nabbit. *snarls at computer* Thanks for trying. (I have ME - does that tell you anything?) Oh well.

Virtual Headache
4th March 2006, 2:21 AM
Which browser do you actually use?

~Ghostwriter~
5th March 2006, 3:35 AM
I'm not sure, but I think it's MSN...but this computer's given us more than enough problems, and so half the time I don't know what's on it.

I feel like an idiot for you guys practically having to walk me through this...but I really do appreciate it, so thank-you.

Virtual Headache
5th March 2006, 4:25 AM
Try everything from the first part of the first post in this thread: http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=86680

-jimbyob-
5th March 2006, 5:17 AM
ill explain it in steps
1. go to the tool drop down menu
2. go to internet options
3. at the top it should have book mark things one should say privacy click it
4. go to the bottem where it says 'web sites' and click edit it should go to a screen where you can type in the adress of the website then it will allow it

hope this works for u

if not try to the privacy options and put the cookies on medium.

~Ghostwriter~
5th March 2006, 6:16 PM
*Reads* Thank you for adding that - that helps a lot. I'll do that (and thank-you for being so patient with me!). =)