PDA

View Full Version : Things You Found Funny

Turtle Fiasco
4th March 2006, 4:38 AM
I know that Gold and Silver are more advanced than Red and Blue, and don't harbor as many... faults. But that one thing doesn't mean you can't find humor in some things...

1. I was a kid when I got my Silver version, and named my character my favorite character from the show: Misty. It was in all caps, and for the first few months I actually thought my character was a girl. XD

2. One time I had a male pokemon that knew attract. Another male pokemon appeared, and I accidently used the attack on it. To my now ultimately confused mind, the other male pokemon was effected. =/

3. The cloning process was introduced to me with knowledge that I had done it by my friend; the cloning process itself was introduced to me with an unfortunate mishap with my batteries. I was confused why I had two feraligators, and thought I had done something wrong. In a frenzy, I released one of them.

~Squirts;007;

Absol!
4th March 2006, 6:08 AM
Ha. Gold was my first game, I got when I was seven.

1. I was in a battle with some sort of fighting master. I had out my Sudowoodo. Of course, I was getting whipped. So I turned off my gameboy and didn't play it for three months, afraid that when I turned back on, I'd still be in battle and loosing. Lol.

2. I tried cloning my Sandshrew that was holding an Ultra Ball, so I wouldn't have to go out and buy another one. Stupid, I know, but as my friend had bought a Thunder TM for me, costing all of my money, I couldn't even buy one at the Marts. Well, the clone went wrong and I lost my Suicune and level 70 Typhlosion, as well as the Sandshrew. Luckily I'd given a clone of that Typhlosion to my friend, I was able to get a copy of it back.

3. I found it hilarious that the Day Care couple couldn't seem to catch on that the Eggs were from Pokemon.

Luxuria
4th March 2006, 10:56 AM
That you're rival was more of a spazz than Shigeru. =o
He suposedly kicked you at the begining of the game. IIRC, he calls you "stupid" in Crystal at one point.

Derald Snyder
4th March 2006, 5:27 PM
Those guys in the Goldenrod Department Store basement who lose their passion for work (moving boxes around) if you're watching them. XD

Koubagia
4th March 2006, 6:10 PM
That everyone said the same thing on the phone, like they were all possessed or Borg or something.

Spock
6th March 2006, 5:37 AM
I believed the Pokemon Crane Game rumor for Crystal. o_O. Ah, so young...

Luxuria
6th March 2006, 2:44 PM
On the radio show, sometimes people would say stuff like "Route 3 is really happy". O.o

Koubagia
6th March 2006, 6:22 PM
Ah yes, that radio show. I used to sit and listen to that because it made me laugh so much.

Luxuria
6th March 2006, 7:02 PM
Ah yes, that radio show. I used to sit and listen to that because it made me laugh so much.
The DJ Lily one. That's just priceless. XD
There's another one like it. I don't remember what it's called though but it did the exact same things like call a Route happy. XD

MaskedManAbsolkid
6th March 2006, 8:14 PM
I remember the radio show.

ROUTE 3 is happy! I remember that too! I think I had one saying OLIVINE CITY is freaky!

Apparently, if you listened to Buena's password for so long, you'd hear Buena about to say what Mary weighs.

I liked making the Pokeseer confused too.

Serebii93
6th March 2006, 8:15 PM
I remember when I got my first game, which was Gold, when I was 9. I used to love listening to the radio. It didn't really matter to me what channel I listened to. When I went to Kanto, all the stations changed. But i always loved the 'Places and People'. I cracked up when she said:' Route 16 is rather boring' 'Route 16 fits me perfect' 'Leader Morty is too picky'...and so on.

~Ghostwriter~
6th March 2006, 9:09 PM
'Leader Morty is too picky?' I've never heard that one before! I like 'Places and People', too.

'Prof. Oak's Pokemon Talk' - hilarious. Mary's so funny - she says the most ridiculous things. Just now she said 'Miltank's so unbelievably suave and debonair'. LOL.

Turtle Fiasco
10th March 2006, 5:47 AM
Once my brother was playing his Gold version, and it had been taking him five months to beat Red. He finally beat him, and I wanted to see. So, I tried to grab it out of his hands, but instead caused the gameboy to fall to the ground, and the batteries popped out. Ooops. After that, every time my brother lost to Red (until he beat him again), he said: "Well, Michelle, I lost again." So I started calling him the "Lost Again Boy" for a couple of months or so.

~Squirts

muckers
10th March 2006, 10:29 AM
Harsh. ^^;

Reminds me of when I was playing silver on my GB Classic (didn't have my Color right away) and the batteries were running low - I was on Lance's last few Pokemon of the Elite 4, and I'd forgotten to save in between battles with the other E4 Members.

So I plugged in my AC adapter. The GB resets. I went nuts.

Seriously - my Pokemon were lower level than his, and I was doing very well considering, mainly thanks to luck of Lance's attacks missing a fair bit and the stat-changing attacks (like Thunder Wave) hardly ever hitting.

Luxuria
10th March 2006, 3:44 PM
The colour glitch when you talk to the machoke or machop.
I tried it and then when my game restarted I was like "OMG this is freaky!!!1"so I shut it off and tried it again and found out it wasn't so scary but funny.
Okay I'm done. :x

Jokurata
10th March 2006, 10:39 PM
I like the way that you ruen on Prof. Oaks Pokemon Chat in his lab and he's doing absolutely nothing in the lab, but waffling on and on in the radio!

Ultra_Espeon
10th March 2006, 10:48 PM
so I put 2 compatible pokemon in the daycare, they are the only pokemon there, and an egg appears!?!?!!? "Where did that come from, it must have fallen from the sky"~The Daycare People

I mean really O_o

Kal-El
11th March 2006, 9:44 AM
The fact that you found a Super Potion where the female sits was funny. :p

AJ Flibble
12th March 2006, 12:43 PM
What?

I found the fact that Lance had sharked his Pokemon funny but a little unfair, he should of not had 3 Dragonites, but kept one, sharked a Tyranitar and had a Kingdra instead.

And also the fact that Will had all dual Psychics but only Jynx takes advantage of the second type. And the fact that Bruno's Hitmontop and Hitmonchan have such crappy movesets, and he has an Onix, too easy.

Iveechan
13th March 2006, 5:59 AM
I still laugh out loud when the Rocket admin runs into the table, backs up, then runs off again. It's just so... I can so imagine this dude all panicky looking, slamming into something and looking embarressed. Two more things that make me snicker involve the rival. The fact that he kicks you is funny, and, in Crystal and the floor in the Burnt Tower breaks beneath you, he says something along the line of "What are you doing falling into a hole? Serves you right!" or something like that.

Mudkipchan
13th March 2006, 6:17 AM
Some of pokemon animations in Crystal are funny. Like this H or O Unown, it's eye just moves all over the place. In real life that would make me dizzy.

I find minor things funny.

The Organizer
20th March 2006, 2:59 AM
i laughed when the red head guy at the beginning of the game kicked me away from him XD. the red head guy is the funnyest rival in all the pokemon games XD

pikachu_rocks19
21st March 2006, 11:36 PM
In one game file i caught all legendarys with pokeballs....
Lugia-12-15 pokeballs
Ho-ho-15-20
All dogs- around 20 somthing

Shiny Heracross
22nd March 2006, 3:12 AM
1. When I first got the game, I was playing it with my sister and we got up to Violet City. We didn't know what to do yet, so we talked to random people. We eventually found some guy that danced around the town for a while. My sister and I still crack up to this day.

2. Another time when I first got the game, I was confused on where to go and I thought I had to get through the dark cave. I ended up getting myself lost and finally found my way out about ten minutes later just to figure out that I was next to the exit all along.

3. This happened a few days ago. My sister was trying to catch Ho-oh in Gold and used all 10 of her Ultra Balls on it, but it still escaped before even the first wiggle. She only had a Great Ball left, so she uses it and catches it! She vows to always rely on Great Balls, and they're actually working pretty well...

Alphonse Elric
22nd March 2006, 7:13 AM
Well, I found it funny when Misty is nowhere to be found in Cerulean Gym, so you go to the route leading to Bill's House, and you see Misty with this dude and a heart appears over their heads. But when the guy sees you, he runs away and Misty gets all mad and challenges you to a battle.

Bonsly is pimp
23rd March 2006, 11:59 PM
mine deals with all them
u no when u leave the pokemon center it says hope to see u soon? i always thought it was like they wanted my pokemon to die

potatori
23rd July 2006, 2:17 AM
well, I have to put this here because it brings back memories...

1. I always had the animations on, and I particularly remember that when fighting Karen, she likes to have her Umbreon use Sand Attack. Well, Umbreon's backside is facing you, so when it uses sand-attack, which conveniently appears right below the base of its tail...well, it doesn't look like sand...

2. Clair. I don't know why but I thought that was funny. Especially the part when she comes running into the Dragon Shrine and gets all freaked out when she finds out you passed. Also when she comes running back and gives you TM 24, saying it has 'nothing to do with her breath...' man, even her music made me laugh, because it was so random.

3. In the Rocket Hideout, Lance has a sense of humor. He beats the crap out of this one Rocket and tells you he got such and such information 'as this rocket very graciously told me so...' also, when the executives are about to beat you up, he randomly comes running and says something like, "don't be greedy, spread the fun around!"

4. Also the Rival. Mostly because at first my sister and I were confused as to whether he was male/female, because of his hair...my younger sister actually named him 'Angel' because she thought he was a girl...we named him things like 'Tomato' and 'Lobster' thereafter. Though I don't know why...

5. Eusine always sounds like he has a hard-on for Suicune.

6. When you take the Dragon User's challenge, if you answer the wrong thing the old guy just says something like 'eh...what was that again?' No challenge...psh.

In my opinion, GSC was the most fun generation. I wish they'd done a remake.

edit:

oh yes, the best yet...
When I first started Silver, I was pretty dumb, and so when the Rival tells you his name is ??? I thought literally that was his name. So when the Police asked me what his name was, I told them ???, thinking I'd get a prize or something...I just restarted the game after the policeperson told me thanks and ran off.

Aquarelle
23rd July 2006, 2:44 AM
~I named my guy Peach on my gold... I thought that if you gave him a girly name, he would automatically turn into one. O___o

~My rival's name is AAAAAA on gold, I wasn't paying attention to the game, and just pressed to A button by mistake.

~It was funny how at the pokemon centre, they always say "We hope to see you again!" My friend and I thought the people at the pokemon centre were evil, as it sounds like they want your pokemon to get badly injured.

~The day care people. They're so stupid when it comes to eggs with their, "We don't know where it came from, but your pokemon had it." thing. You'd think they'd be able to figure out where pokemon eggs come from... >_<

~This sounds really stupid, but when I was younger, I thought Clair was a guy. O_O

~Rattata's crystal animation was hilarious, with it shaking its booty around like that. >_>

RawR
23rd July 2006, 3:29 AM
i always found the hyuck-hyuck-hyuck rocket funny

Je suis meilleur
27th July 2006, 2:29 AM
When a Juggler said, "I dropped my balls" XD

Eerie Wind
28th July 2006, 4:45 PM
the juggler is ppretty funny, i thought bugsy was a girl, and i really liked how no one realized pokemon have children? I was like, I am 8 and i get how babys come

Krys
28th July 2006, 7:19 PM
1. the DJ Lily show. Especially when she says stuff about the gym leaders and elite 4 like, "Leader Falkner is quite lazy" or Leader Pryce is cute" well he was when he was young.

2. the foreign guy in Kanto who goes "we go do battle yah!" or "Me a go-go!" me and my little sister cracked up!

3. what Morty says. My little sister said when she battled him she thought he was a psycho freakazoid. As for me, I lost to him a gazillion times. Don't ask. You DO NOT want to know why.

4. how Lance takes you to the hall of fame at the end. That is why I think Krys and Lance have it goin' for each other! I was starting to get a little nervous that maybe Crystal wasn't rated E...

5. Clair's sibling rivalry with Lance. I thought it was funny.

BasiltheDragon
29th July 2006, 9:23 AM
The Juggler that 'drops his balls' is the only thing that I find funny.

HugoBoss
8th August 2006, 1:32 AM
I find that you can't find starter pokemon elsewhere funny.. cuz in the shows they were super common...

HugoBoss
8th August 2006, 2:04 AM
all the pokemon trainers at white.. I'm not racist but it's true.. and funny

Nidogod
9th August 2006, 4:48 AM
I still always chuckle alittle bit when the game says a Pokemon used acid...