PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Masticore

klducks
4th March 2006, 7:19 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ud/masticore.jpg
Masticore - Urza's Destiny. Rare
4: Artifact Creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may choose and discard a card from your hand. If you don't, sacrifice Masticore.
2: Masticore deals 1 damage to target creature
2: Regenerate Masticore
4/4

One of the best artifact creatures in the game. A simple discard from your hand makes this card a bomb. Especially in blue with constant draws, and it'd be handy to have a big buff guy in there as well. The ability to constantly ping for 1 to a creature is nothing to laugh about. Then add in a regeneration ability? 4/4 for a 4 drop. GREAT.

Watch out for heavy discard decks since they'll make you run out of cards to discard before you can be able to save Mastic.

The Duck's Rating: 3.7/5

Shadow Trainer
5th March 2006, 5:28 AM
A good card, the 4/4 body is good and two to ping a creature or regenerate is great. The card is so good the discard does not really matter. 4/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
5th March 2006, 3:21 PM
4 mana for 4/4 is good. Throw in regen and a unlimited use ping ability for monsters(actually only limited by mana) and your opponent is screwed. It's up to you whether you wanna regen it or just discard the card, but either way it dosn;t make a difference. Now I want that card. Graagh. 4.99/5.

~RaikouRider243~
5th March 2006, 5:16 PM
This card is QUITE the pain to get rid of. And if you have to sacrifice Masticore, I don't think you can regen it...it's only when it's destroyed can you regen it I think. Not to mention 4/4 for 4.

4.5/5

Edit: Didn't think you can sack then regen. It's only if it's destroyed are you allowed to regen.

Phaeton
5th March 2006, 7:00 PM
candelaura of tawinus+Masticore=ownage.

Seriously a good card, I run it myself.

skiboydoggy
6th March 2006, 11:03 AM
Masticore... If someone threw that at me... I would... Play Volcanic Hammer and ping as fast as I can bleedin' afford.

Felix Feral Fezirix
7th March 2006, 4:26 PM
Ah. Or Lightning Helix. Or make your opponent throw away his hand and watch him cry.

Shadow the Hedgehog
8th March 2006, 4:31 PM
I'm running two at the moment. 4/5