PDA

View Full Version : Ralts or Abra?

Xtra
5th March 2006, 3:11 AM
While searching for some harder pokemon, to prepare my team for the battle against Roxanne, I came across an Abra. Using a Great Ball, I was able to catch it.

But i'm wondering if I should use him, or the Ralts that I have been training. And since Serebii.net is down, I can't check the pokedex.

I know that they both evolve into powerful pokemon, but Ralts is easier to train (since she can actually attack). If you have any questions that can make the choice easier, just ask.

(This is in Emerald, by the way.)

SapphireL
5th March 2006, 4:19 AM
Alakazam can "actually attack" too. :P

anyways, Gardevoir is able to take more hits, so that's a plus.

but Alakazam can end a battle really quickly with its high Speed and Sp.Attack.

depends on what you want... but Alakazam is only really good if you're willing to breed. :/ (and I personally like Gardevoir more XD)

Gardevoir (Modest Nature) @Leftovers/Lum Berry
EVs: 176 Hp, 154 Defense, 20 Speed, 160 Sp.Attack
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt/Ice Punch
-Will-O-Wisp/Destiny Bond/Hypnosis

yeahhhh. Hypnosis if you don't want to breed. WoW is really cool though. D: you can charge up by using Calm Mind a few times. 's fun.

Alakazam (Timid/Modest Nature) @Leftovers?
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
-Psychic
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch/Calm Mind

yeah, as you can see, Alakazam is just a fast hitter, and it can't REALLY take an attack too well. :/

I hope this helps

Xtra
5th March 2006, 4:42 AM
Gardevoir can't take an attack either (Base defence of 65), though a Special Attack she can (With a base of 115). Of course, she also sacrifices speed (Base of 85) for that special defence boost.

Kadabra (I can't get Alakazam) can't take either, but is a lot faster, like you said. So basically, you have to OHKO the opponent, or you're in trouble.

SapphireL
5th March 2006, 4:46 AM
Gardevoir can't take an attack either (Base defence of 65), though a Special Attack she can (With a base of 115). Of course, she also sacrifices speed (Base of 85) for that special defence boost.
with a Will-O-Wisp, the opponent's Attack goes down too. :/ so, it can take a physical hit a tiny bit better.

Kadabra (I can't get Alakazam) can't take either, but is a lot faster, like you said. So basically, you have to OHKO the opponent, or you're in trouble.
BASICALLY.

and if you can't get Alakazam, use Gardy for sure.

Brute Root
5th March 2006, 4:58 AM
A quick way to raise a newly caught Abra is the same way as youe would a newl caught Magikarp: make it the first pokemon in your party. As soon as the battle starts, recall Abra and use someone else to battle. That way Abra won't fanit but still gets exp.

ZNtelle
5th March 2006, 5:29 AM
Meh, Gardevoir is more likely to survive hits InGame than Alakazam anyways. I still say Alakazam because I prefer its combo of Spd and SAtk.