PDA

View Full Version : Gengar or alakazam?

captain_insane-o
5th March 2006, 8:19 AM
in my firered team i have a wartortle, an ivysaur, a charmeleon, a machop and then i have a kadabra but i don't know if i should get a gengar instead of an alakazam for my physcic pokemon. can some one plz help??

PsYcOjOhNnY
5th March 2006, 8:55 AM
Well IMO im a fan Of Gengar....and he can learn not only the psychic attacks but ghost attacks as well so it will make him work out a little bit better.....and take care of 2 types

magnemiteZ
5th March 2006, 11:40 AM
I prefer Alakazam. It has better Speed, and Special Attack (which is what you really want with these 2 Pokemon cos they arent going to take any hits).
I like this Alakazam,
Alakazam@ Lum Berry With Syncronise
Modest Nature
Evs-252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
-Psychic
-T Punch
-I Punch
-F Punch
And sweep the hell out of stuff!

OR,
Alakazam@ Lum Berry With Syncronise
Timid Nature
Evs-252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Fire Punch
-Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Fire Punch
Alternatively this

ZNtelle
5th March 2006, 9:38 PM
Gardevoir is only slightly more durable than Alakazam, but not by much. Besides, I also prefer Alakazam forr the combination of SAtk and Spd plus the movepool to match.

magnemiteZ
5th March 2006, 9:43 PM
But Gardevoir can get T Bolt and all the Elimental Punches also... So it has a good movepull.
Though its Sp Attack stat is a bit worse, and it is like a Snail in comparison to Alakazam on the speed side!

ZNtelle
5th March 2006, 9:45 PM
Thus I noted that I prefer the combo of Spd and SAtk.

metafreak
5th March 2006, 9:46 PM
i like gardevoir because of the higher special defense. add a timid nature on garde for a little more speed

ZNtelle
5th March 2006, 9:50 PM
Gardevoir is a bit slow anyways. There's no point in adding a Timid nature just for a little Spd. EVs can take care of that.