PDA

View Full Version : EspiUmbri Shipping

XxGreivousxX
5th March 2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah I think they make a great couple. Espeon as a girl and Umbreon as a boy. Actualy I think they are the best matching for each other.
And plus they both have great personality and I also like that the male is super effective beucase it makes him boss!
The other eeveelutions are just...not...you know bah. whatever.
So anyways do you guys think these should be together? I do!

-Discuss

hikari_blaze
6th March 2006, 3:18 AM
I think they're very cute together. ^^ One of the reasons I kinda like Colosseum.

Xtra
6th March 2006, 3:29 AM
Of course they're both guys in Colloseum. I should know, I restarted that game a dozen times, trying to get at least one female.

Toran Frostbite
7th March 2006, 12:37 AM
And plus they both have great personality and I also like that the male is super effective beucase it makes him boss!

....The hell? What personality?? If you mean from Colosseum, they're both male, regardless. From the series, no pokémon except for a select few ever had genders. And neither showed much personality.

And if it's in general, why do you get say which is male and which is female? Following that, where do you get off also saying the male should be super effective over the female "beucase it makes him boss!"? What if I prefer Umbreon to be the female in the pair? Not because of type casting, but maybe I like my female Umbreon with my male Espeon.

*shakes her head*

hikari_blaze
7th March 2006, 12:45 AM
I suppose gender doesn't matter as long as their together. Personally, I prefer my Eons to be male but it would be nice as a couple.

Mimori Kiryu
7th March 2006, 12:48 AM
I thought it was called...Nightlightshipping? O_o Either way, I like it. It's cute, no matter which was the boy or the girl....;D

Xiang
9th March 2006, 2:22 AM
Why is Espeon always a girl? Sure he's pink and a slender kitty, but c'mon people. >.> Umbreon would be better as a girl IMO, but either way works. And having the type advantage over the girl to make him boss? Disgusting. Girls aren't items. ¬_¬

But the couple is cute.

Angeling
9th March 2006, 2:34 AM
Mimori Kiryu: It is called Nightlightshipping. :D Check the "What's This Shipping Called."

Why is Espeon always a girl? Sure he's pink and a slender kitty, but c'mon people. >.> Umbreon would be better as a girl IMO, but either way works.
Right. Espeon doesn't HAVE to be the girl, but Espeon can also be the female. Some just stereotype too often, or just can see in their minds of female. But if you think it is better as vice versa from some people, it's fine.

Gender may not matter, but the other things do make them quite a pair. The name was probably derived from GSC generation, well duh, since they came from that generation. But how Umbreon evolved at night while Espeon is during the day/light, or rather, sunlight. Though my fanfiction is putting Espeon as female and Umbreon is male, it's really entirely up to the person's imagination. It's the person's opinions, and each one may think differently. Some can't even imagine Pokémon x Pokémon shipping, but they are entitled to their own opinions. But anyway, how I see is that Espeon can 'protect' Umbreon from its weakness, the Fighting type whilst Umbreon 'protect' Espeon from its weakness too, the Ghost type. This is disregarding their stats, of course, and I know they are both weak to Bug types.

Just my two cents for now. *shrugs*

XxGreivousxX
16th March 2006, 1:32 AM
Actually I think both have their suitable gender.

In the 5th movie, the Espeon was all girl personality, she was sneaky and calm. Umbreon are way agressive. Thats why they are the men. I have noticed in alot of epi's it also matters who they belong to---Good or Evil(well not really good and evil, theres no such thing buuut you get the point)

Shadow Ichigo
16th March 2006, 1:34 AM

In the 5th movie, the Espeon was all girl personality, she was sneaky and calm. Umbreon are way agressive. Thats why they are the men. I have noticed in alot of epi's it also matters who they belong to---Good or Evil(well not really good and evil, theres no such thing buuut you get the point)

I love this shipping^^. Yeah I notice that Espeon had some girlish personality

Toran Frostbite
16th March 2006, 2:58 AM

Pardon my French, but ********. What you think isn't the final word. You're stereotyping that men can't be sneaky and calm, and women can't be agressive.

Also, you say it's about who they belong to, regarding gender. Huh. Let's see. Sakura? Annie? Female? Espeon. Gary? Male? Umbreon. Known gender? N/A. Unless specifically stated, pokemon have no gender. You can assume, but you're assuming for a whole species and not a specific one.

And then your logic fails once you take into consideration one of Sakura's sisters had an Umbreon. Unless she's really a male and faking being one of those calm dancers at the Tea House.....but I doubt it.

Let's consider the games then, to see if your logic holds up?

Karen? Female Umbreon.

Red? Male Espeon.

Kimono girls? Don't remember, but most likely female (game logic dictates that normal trainers share the same gender when applicable with their pokemon). Both Espeon and Umbreon.

Wes? Male Umbreon. ...And then male Espeon.

I like the pairing. I just don't like people telling me it /has/ to be this way or bust. And that's what you're doing. You can say you prefer the pair as Umbreon a male and Espeon a female, but you're dictating a pairing you didn't even create originally? Nightlightshipping has been around for quite a long while now, so, yeah. Share your opinion, but don't force it on people.

Arrow
19th March 2006, 7:08 AM
I always thought of Espeon as a female too. But, you do bring up a point. As disturbing as it is to see a male Bellosom, it's entirely possible.

XxGreivousxX
20th March 2006, 2:53 AM
Hey a club for Nightlight shipping opened!
Click on my sig's banner and join if you want ^^