PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Rumbling Slum

klducks
6th March 2006, 1:19 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/guildpact/rumbling_slum.jpg
Rumbling Slum - Guildpact. Rare
1RGG: Creature - Elemental
At the beginning of your upkeep, Rumbling Slum deals 1 damage to each player.
The Orzhov contract the Izzet to animate slum districts and banish them to the wastes. The Gruul adopt them and send them back to the city for vengeance.
5/5

4 for a 5/5. Obviously there's a drawback right?

Yes there is actually. In fact, it effects your opponent as well! What a drawback!

The fact that it pings both you and your opponent is great. It necessarily isn't a drawback at all since it's even playing field.

The Duck's Rating: 3.5/5

The_Darkness_Incarnate
6th March 2006, 2:47 AM
I personally like this card. Since Gruul is beatdown, this slowly wears them down as a 5/5 for four. Its drawback helps you, its cost helps you, its body helps you. I mean, that draw back may get to you in the end, but since you're playing beatdown with effects like bloodthirst, chances are it'll get to your opponent first.

It's a sexy sulferic vortex with a body. In my eyes, this card ownz(z intended).

4-4.5/5

~RaikouRider243~
6th March 2006, 2:55 AM
Wow, this is insane. 4 for a 5/5 is unheard of without drawbacks, and this really isn't much of a drawback.

4.5/5

Can we review armadillo cloak soon?

klducks
6th March 2006, 3:29 AM
I personally like this card. Since Gruul is beatdown, this slowly wears them down as a 5/5 for four. Its drawback helps you, its cost helps you, its body helps you. I mean, that draw back may get to you in the end, but since you're playing beatdown with effects like bloodthirst, chances are it'll get to your opponent first.
That part shouldn't be mentioned. Since Gruul is AGGRO, not beatdown, it should wear them down enough so they can't come back. And if they do, this guy will finish them off before they deal enough damage that this guy will bite you back in the ***.

Shadow Trainer
6th March 2006, 6:47 AM
Just a great card. A 5/5 body for four and a drawback that's not really a drawback. The pinging also helps enable bloodthirst and push the aggro agenda. 4/5

skiboydoggy
6th March 2006, 11:01 AM
Is this the part where people go Heheheheheheheheh pure evil card?

Felix Feral Fezirix
7th March 2006, 4:36 PM
4.99/5. ANd Hehehehehehehehehe I will go. With Urza's Armour or anything like that the stupid ping won't matter much 'neways. Pwnt.

skiboydoggy
8th March 2006, 10:12 AM
Gragh... Urza's Armour is... Distressing.

Shadow the Hedgehog
8th March 2006, 4:30 PM
4/5 I don't know what I could add that hasn't been said.... Awesome card though.

Broodstar
11th March 2006, 12:28 AM
Activates bloodthirst which is nice, and it also is a 5/5. Now that's getting cheap 4.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
16th March 2006, 11:43 AM
The Selesnya Guild can just pull out a 5/5 monster for no mana easily without drawbacks, but that's beside the point.