PDA

View Full Version : Will Ash ever be reunited with his Pidgeot and Butterfree?

Hero of legend
6th March 2006, 2:47 AM
I miss those two so much, if they ever return, the series would really be worth watching, Butterfree to me had personality, it was cute, and very useful, and Pidgeot was one badass Pokemon, it was awsome seeing it fight that Fearow, so will they ever return?

The Great Butler
6th March 2006, 2:50 AM
Almost certainly not. Butterfree would be quite a pleasant surprise, though. After he nearly lost his life to get it back on the St. Anne, it left way too soon. If it had to happen, it should've happened after the Indigo League around the time Pidgeot left.

MagicBox
6th March 2006, 2:51 AM
What's up with all the "Will they return" threads? How exactly are we supposed to know? They might, they might not. I don't think they will, but it's not as unlikely as it was a while ago.

Torchic23
6th March 2006, 2:54 AM
Well, Butterfree was in the new opening but that could be because they're in the Kanto Region and that's where he left it. I could see a good filler being about Ash seeing Butterfree again but I doubt it would join him, it has family now

As for Pidgeot, I don't think it will ever come back.

Hero of legend
6th March 2006, 2:55 AM
Didn't Ash promise to see Pidgeot again after the Orange Islands? How could he forget a promise like that, I wouldn't be surprised if Pidgeot had developed a super grudge against Ash for forgeting his promise!

The Great Butler
6th March 2006, 2:58 AM
Didn't Ash promise to see Pidgeot again after the Orange Islands? How could he forget a promise like that, I wouldn't be surprised if Pidgeot had developed a super grudge against Ash for forgeting his promise!

I didn't see the conclusion of the Orange Islands, but I don't think he even had Pidgeot after the end of the Indigo League. That might be the promise you're thinking of.

-Totodile-
6th March 2006, 2:59 AM
Butterfree will never return. Wasn't it mentioned in the Japanese version that Butterfree die after they mate?

Hero of legend
6th March 2006, 3:22 AM
Butterfree will never return. Wasn't it mentioned in the Japanese version that Butterfree die after they mate?

Yeah I read about that...

Who knows what the future brings, maybe they will somehow bring Butterfree back and in the Japanese version, that would have been false, it could happen!

Heracross
6th March 2006, 3:27 AM
The only thing that should be dead is that rumor.

The Big Al
6th March 2006, 3:38 AM
The only thing that should be dead is that rumor.
Here here.

They really should have had Ash reunite with Pidgeot at the end of the Orange Islands. What happened? Did they fire the writers who wrote episode Pidgeotto evolved in?

MarcmenX
6th March 2006, 5:27 AM
Butterfree I could see... I recall seeing Butterfree in the new opening screen shots in the JP version (or is it a new closing? sorry, but I forget)

ande if I were pigeot I'd eat Ash's head for forgetting me >.>

Satoshi
6th March 2006, 6:11 AM
Butterfree I could see... I recall seeing Butterfree in the new opening screen shots in the JP version (or is it a new closing? sorry, but I forget)
But all of the pokemon that Satoshi previously owned was in the opening. :/

Almighty Zard
6th March 2006, 6:29 AM
But all of the pokemon that Satoshi previously owned was in the opening. :/

doesn't mean their coming back because by that logic Ash would also be meeting Lapras for the third time, and somehow meet Larvatar and Tyranitar again which would be strange as heck.

I'm sticking to what i've been saying about that opening, "their mocking us."

Satoshi
6th March 2006, 6:34 AM
doesn't mean their coming back because by that logic Ash would also be meeting Lapras for the third time, and somehow meet Larvatar and Tyranitar again which would be strange as heck.
....That's exactly what I meant. Obviously someone missed what I was replying too. -_-;

Kabuto
6th March 2006, 6:37 AM
Ash probably DID revisit his Pidgeot but they just didn't show it because the writers think it would be a waste of time. I am completely tired of these threads, they are not returning and neither is Primeape or Lapras. Sheesh. The only Pokemon Ash will be in contact with are his team, his Oakked Pokemon, Charizard and maybe Squirtle.

Flame Haze SnS
6th March 2006, 6:50 AM
Ash probably DID revisit his Pidgeot but they just didn't show it because the writers think it would be a waste of time. I am completely tired of these threads, they are not returning and neither is Primeape or Lapras. Sheesh. The only Pokemon Ash will be in contact with are his team, his Oakked Pokemon, Charizard and maybe Squirtle.

Ummm...Lapras did reunite with Ash with its family in around the end of Master Quest.

.Bambi.
6th March 2006, 7:51 AM
Oy. When will these questions end?

I think the ultimate answer to that is "no". Though I do think Pidgeot has a much better chance of reuniting with Ash than Butterfree does, seeing as Ash knows where it would be and Viridian Forest is fairly close-by.

The question is, if they haven't done it yet, why would they do it now? Clearly the writers just want to pretend they never existed, just like every character ever to show their face in Kanto.

Hey, guess what? If you didn't know, Kanto actually never happened >.>

SugarFairy
6th March 2006, 12:59 PM
Ash or anyone in Pokemon always make promises and the rarley ever keep them >> I doubt it would happen. Butterfree probley is dead now if it is suppose to die after mating >> .Combusken. right. Kanto never accutly happened T.T''

~Flareon~
6th March 2006, 1:06 PM
My answer is Yes. I want Pidgeot and Butterfree back in the Kanto Battle Frontier series. Because they left with Ash about so many days. I think they will come back after May's 4th Contest. I like to see Pidgeot or Butterfree against the next Battle Frontier Leader: Anabel.

Omega Pirate
6th March 2006, 1:08 PM
I really couldn't give a s**t about Butterfree but who the hell gives up a perfectly good pidgeot! It better come back in!

.Bambi.
6th March 2006, 6:17 PM
.Combusken. right. Kanto never accutly happened T.T''
I hope you know I wasn't being serious >.>
When I said "If you didn't know, Kanto actually never happened", I meant according to the writers. As seen in the Battle Frontier Arc, they clearly have no interest in tying old places they visit with old characters from the Kanto Days, or having Pidgeot appear for an episode [no matter how many times Ash goes to and from Pallet since "Pallet Party Panic!"]

So all in all, the writers seem to like to pretend some events just never happened.

lightspeed
6th March 2006, 6:27 PM
Probably he will; maybe after the battle frontier series he will return to Kanto and go find his Pidgeot and Butterfree; I hope so.

.Bambi.
6th March 2006, 6:32 PM
Probably he will; maybe after the battle frontier series he will return to Kanto and go find his Pidgeot and Butterfree; I hope so.
You mean just like everyone hoped he would after the Orange League, the Johto League, and the Hoenn League?

There's nothing wrong with hoping for something, but you should know when it's turned into a lost cause.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
6th March 2006, 6:36 PM
Maybe they will come back and as a suprise XD

Magus
6th March 2006, 6:55 PM
Well, the new intro shows that they actually remember the existance of Pidgeot and Butterfree. And Ash is actually in Kanto, were he released them. That should indicate that there's a decent chance of seeing them.

But, knowing the writers, it doesn't. The intro is the only place we'll be seeing those two, unless we watch Kanto reruns.

.Bambi.
6th March 2006, 7:04 PM
Well, the new intro shows that they actually remember the existance of Pidgeot and Butterfree. And Ash is actually in Kanto, were he released them. That should indicate that there's a decent chance of seeing them.
Ahhh, memories of the Glory Days Thread are flowing back into my mind...>.>

And that was, what, a year ago? The point is, every Pokemon was shown in "Spurt!", even Larvitar's mother. I don't know how much of a chance we have seeing her...

Magus
6th March 2006, 7:07 PM
Even lower than the odds of seeing Pidgeot and Butterfree. She's in Johto, while the characters are in Kanto.

.Bambi.
6th March 2006, 7:48 PM
Even lower than the odds of seeing Pidgeot and Butterfree. She's in Johto, while the characters are in Kanto.
Clearly.

While I'm not saying it's totally impossible for Ash to reunite with Pidgeot and Butterfree, it doesn't mean he will just because they're in the Opening.
Remember, we've seen Pidgeot and Butterfree in Glory Days before, and that was about a year ago. I didn't see and Butterfrees or Pidgeots popping up from then until now.

This is all just useless and random speculation from fans with false hope. Pretty much equivalent to a "When will Misty Return?" Thread.

Geki
6th March 2006, 9:03 PM
I don't think he ever will, just because they were included in the new opening in Japan doesn't mean he will. They're probably showing all his old Pokemon for the 10th Anniversary.

Snorunt conservationist
6th March 2006, 9:20 PM
I really hope he does,at leats with pidgeot.

Damn cool pokemon that.

Char1016
6th March 2006, 10:41 PM

But, knowing the writers, it doesn't. The intro is the only place we'll be seeing those two, unless we watch Kanto reruns.

This one's right, in the pokemon 9th movie intro is Butterfree and Pidgeot. I hope they will come back.

Kabuto
6th March 2006, 10:45 PM
Ummm...Lapras did reunite with Ash with its family in around the end of Master Quest.

*SIGH* He resaw Lapras once but now that it leads its flock the chances of seeing Lapras again are about as doubtful as Pigeot and Butterfree.

Astinus
7th March 2006, 1:35 AM
Can't we all just deal with the fact that Pidgeot and Butterfree joined the GS Ball, Brock's fear of Prof. Ivy mentionings, and all those characters we were supposed to see in the leagues in no man's land? They are not coming back. They have been forgotten, like nearly every plot point.

The Phantom Thief
7th March 2006, 1:43 AM
Well, I think its possible Ash might run into Pidgeot and Butterfree but the chances of them re-joining Ash's party are slim.

CyberCubed
7th March 2006, 1:48 AM
Can't we all just deal with the fact that Pidgeot and Butterfree joined the GS Ball,

Judging by the newest opening, they weren't forgotten.

Brock's fear of Prof. Ivy mentionings,

This wasn't forgotten, he just got over it.

Satoshi
7th March 2006, 1:52 AM
The GS Ball was a tool as an excuse for Satoshi to go to the Orange Islands (Which is a shame too, it had potiental to bring up an interesting plot of its own). Pijyotto and Butterfree were not. There's a BIG difference.

And since the writers showed that they actually remembered them, there's a slim chance that they might return if they actually decide to put some nostalgia in the Kanto-mirage we call Battle Frontier.

Dunsparce
7th March 2006, 2:51 AM
Well, Butterfree was in the new opening but that could be because they're in the Kanto Region and that's where he left it. I could see a good filler being about Ash seeing Butterfree again but I doubt it would join him, it has family now

As for Pidgeot, I don't think it will ever come back.

But his Larvitar is from Johto and his Lapras from the Orange Islands appear in it, as well.

THEY HAD A KINGLER CLOSE-UP IN THAT INTRODUCTION!!! 8D

EDIT: Virtually all the Pokemon he's ever had are in it!!!

♥~Darkness Within~♥
7th March 2006, 2:53 AM
I don't think so But he may see them often

DKzM0mA
7th March 2006, 3:56 AM
EDIT: Virtually all the Pokemon he's ever had are in it!!!

I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING! HAUNTER WASN"T IN THE OPENING! I WONDER WHY! [/sarcasm]

Well, the first facility was near Cerulean City, so I doubt Pidgeot will be coming back, unless it goes all around Kanto for Ash (O_o) Where Butterfree is, is a mystery. It flew out into the ocean, so there's no guarntee that it is in Kanto anymore. For all we know, the breeding grounds could be where Ash caught Heracross >_>

Astinus
10th March 2006, 12:24 AM
Hey, Primeape was in the opening! That means that it's coming back too!

The Pokémon were in the opening because it was the tenth anniversary of Pokémon and because they are back in Kanto.

Lupin
10th March 2006, 6:41 PM

I am in agreement with this statement.

The writers properly just want to prove to the older fans that they remember Ash had released Pokemon in Kanto, the odds of us seeing them again have raised slightly but I'm not placing any bets.

ArrEmmDee
11th March 2006, 2:11 AM
You guys are really quick to dismiss it all, even if it would be unlikely. Though.

- Primeape is probably quite fine with the trainer who adopted him, and would be better off with him than he would be with Ash. Also consider he was never shown in any situation with other fellow Pokémon, so there'd be no dynamics there and it'd be wierd.

- Butterfree is in a similar situation, quite happy how it is, thank you, and though seeing Ash would be nice, it'd be tough to have a whole episode over it-- since you know something like this wouldn't just be a simple three minute 'hey look it's my old Butterfree' and everyone's all good? To take Butterfree from his current situation would somehow send a message that sure, he can leave Butterfree to have a nice life, and then just come and interrupt that at will.

- I know nothing of Pidgeot's departure, so I can't say much.

BTW, this has probably been resolved 100 times over, but why is Larvitar shown and not Haunter? Haunter is obviously the cooler of the two, yet he gets neglect?

..Unless I've missed him. I doubt that, though.

The Great Butler
11th March 2006, 2:21 AM
- I know nothing of Pidgeot's departure, so I can't say much.

Left to protect a flock of Pidgeys and Pidgeottos from a vicious Fearow/Spearow flock after the Indigo League.

Judai Yuki
11th March 2006, 2:23 AM
Probably because Haunter was never actually Ash's.He kinda just had it for 2 episodes.

Satoshi
11th March 2006, 2:24 AM
BTW, this has probably been resolved 100 times over, but why is Larvitar shown and not Haunter? Haunter is obviously the cooler of the two, yet he gets neglect?
Goosuto was never his in the first place. Plus, Yogirasu had more episodes then it, and Satoshi was like a parent to it and had a stronger bond with it. In my opinion, that qualifies it to be in the opening instead of Goosuto.

ArrEmmDee
11th March 2006, 2:35 AM
Goosuto was never his in the first place. Plus, Yogirasu had more episodes then it, and Satoshi was like a parent to it and had a stronger bond with it. In my opinion, that qualifies it to be in the opening instead of Goosuto.

Even though, Ash's ownership was more pronounced than that of Larvitar's, though I suppose your point has more merit since the connection between Ash and Larvitar was greater.

intergalactic platypus
11th March 2006, 4:14 AM
I believe the chances of any pokemon coming back are highly likely. And then Ash will find out his father was an agent who secretly provoked Operation Desert Storm and then fled to a Middle Easter country with more vowels then constanants to hide from the vengeful goverment, who worked with the Soviet Union behind closed doors to make a special portable weapon to nuke Ashes dad. Yep, thats slightly more likely then seeing Pidgeot or Butterfree soon

Amphoroz_26
11th March 2006, 4:31 AM
- Butterfree is in a similar situation, quite happy how it is, thank you, and though seeing Ash would be nice, it'd be tough to have a whole episode over it-- since you know something like this wouldn't just be a simple three minute 'hey look it's my old Butterfree' and everyone's all good? To take Butterfree from his current situation would somehow send a message that sure, he can leave Butterfree to have a nice life, and then just come and interrupt that at will.

I agree. Pidgeot's probrably taking care of it's flock of Pidgeys/eottos. Too busy but then, butterfree is still busy with family!

♥Princess Ketchum♥
12th March 2006, 3:05 PM
i just want butterfree to came back again and travel with ash and maybe the pink one can be looked after by max

jindahouse
12th March 2006, 6:01 PM
Pidgeot is also seen in the new starter thing as well check it out on serebii.
I hope pedegot rejoins ash though and he should just see butterfree but it stays with its pink friend.and those 2 fair enough but he prosime to get primape when he had completed his training ash shoulod get him back while he has an extra slot on his team he had primape for like 3 episodes before letting someone borrow it.

DKzM0mA
12th March 2006, 6:28 PM
Ash shouldn't even be allowed to make promises anymore, seeing how he continously breaks them.

Yamato-san
12th March 2006, 11:56 PM
since when the hell did Satoshi promise he'd meet people again at a specific time? For all we know, he could've meant years down the line, even after the show ends (though, we can blame the writers for their deliberate lack of continuity in Battle Frontier). And, for the record, after seeing the episode in Japanese, I don't think Satoshi originally said he'd return for Pigeot after the Orange Islands (which makes sense. At the time, he didn't even know of the Orange League and intended to make a quick stop-by to pick up the GS Ball. That'd hardly be enough time for Pigeot to be protecting those Poppo and Pigeon).

ZibaLaZiba
14th March 2006, 4:53 AM
I think that the orange hanky on Butterfree's neck might have eroded by now.

Garados Dragon
16th February 2014, 11:25 PM
I feel that Butterfree was litterally a release and that they would have to be very creative and inovative in story telling for his Butterfree to come back but, his Pidgeot I guess is just to easy for them.

Dark/Legendary Master
17th February 2014, 12:18 AM
I'm of the belief that Butterfree has been released and Ash catches up with Pidgeot everytime he's in Pallet Town but Pidgeot can't rejoin him yet due to flock commitments

Shining Mew
17th February 2014, 1:06 AM
I feel that Butterfree was litterally a release and that they would have to be very creative and inovative in story telling for his Butterfree to come back but, his Pidgeot I guess is just to easy for them.

This thread is 8 years old. Please do not bump threads.