PDA

View Full Version : The legend of Ecruteak and Ho-oh.

Trainer Mehmet
6th March 2006, 9:35 PM
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/8788/ecruteak8iz.png

Oke here is the Ecruteak City. This city is full of Secret's of the two Tin Towers. One of the Tin tower is the greatest legendary Bird Pokemon is there to catch named Ho-Oh. This Legendary Pokemon have one chance to catch him because he is the Greatest of the Rainbow Pokemon it's been seened on the Kanto by Ash katchum. The secret of this Pokemon comes here later.

The not of the Kid's says: History of Ecruteak.
In Ecruteak, There were two towers. Each tower was the roost of Powerfull flying Pokemon. But one of the tower burned to the ground. The two Pokemon haven't been seen since... Ecruteak was also home to three Pokemon that raced around the town. They were said to have been born of water, Lightning and Fire. But they could not contain theirexcessive power. So they say the three ran like the wind off into the Grassland.

How do you catch Ho-Oh.
You must have all of the 8 Badges of Johto league and you must beat that Elite four and you must have the Item named Rainbow Wing. And you must clim to the Tin Tower of the East way and clim there to the Rooftop and there have you the Legendary Bird Pokemon named Ho-oh don't forget the Rainbow wing that you must bring by you. And throw the Master Ball to catch him. Before you bigin you must save your game.

http://hem.fyristorg.com/gronroos/enteinest/images/Hooh.jpghttp://www.smashbrothersonline.com/StageScreenshots/PokemonGSss3.gif

Now about the Ho-Oh.
Ho-oh's strongest attack is Sacret Fire he will attack with his Powerfull Fire attack and beat the strongest Pokemon of Grass and Thunder Pokemons. And he have the Sacret Ash with that Item recovers all KO Pokemons on the Battle. And his Pokedex says This Legends claim this Pokemon flies the world's skies continuously on its magnificent sevencolored wings.

Oke that's all I hope I have Helped beginners of Pokemon Gold and other Johto games.

Serebii93
6th March 2006, 10:00 PM
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/8788/ecruteak8iz.png

Oke here is the Ecruteak City. This city is full of Secret's of the two Tin Towers. One of the Tin tower is the greatest legendary Bird Pokemon is there to catch named Ho-Oh. This Legendary Pokemon have one chance to catch him because he is the Greatest of the Rainbow Pokemon it's been seened on the Kanto by Ash katchum. The secret of this Pokemon comes here later.

The not of the Kid's says: History of Ecruteak.
In Ecruteak, There were two towers. Each tower was the roost of Powerfull flying Pokemon. But one of the tower burned to the ground. The two Pokemon haven't been seen since... Ecruteak was also home to three Pokemon that raced around the town. They were said to have been born of water, Lightning and Fire. But they could not contain theirexcessive power. So they say the three ran like the wind off into the Grassland.

How do you catch Ho-Oh.
You must have all of the 8 Badges of Johto league and you must beat that Elite four and you must have the Item named Rainbow Wing. And you must clim to the Tin Tower of the East way and clim there to the Rooftop and there have you the Legendary Bird Pokemon named Ho-oh don't forget the Rainbow wing that you must bring by you. And throw the Master Ball to catch him. Before you bigin you must save your game.

http://hem.fyristorg.com/gronroos/enteinest/images/Hooh.jpghttp://www.smashbrothersonline.com/StageScreenshots/PokemonGSss3.gif

Now about the Ho-Oh.
Ho-oh's strongest attack is Sacret Fire he will attack with his Powerfull Fire attack and beat the strongest Pokemon of Grass and Thunder Pokemons. And he have the Sacret Ash with that Item recovers all KO Pokemons on the Battle. And his Pokedex says This Legends claim this Pokemon flies the world's skies continuously on its magnificent sevencolored wings.

Oke that's all I hope I have Helped beginners of Pokemon Gold and other Johto games.
Truthfully, to catch Ho-Oh, all you need is a Rainbow Wing and plenty of Ultra balls. You don't have to have all 8 badges of Johto, unless you are playing Silver or Crystal. And where did the first picture come from? Is that what it looks like in Crystal?

-Totodile-
6th March 2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah, thanks for information that's already on the site (http://www.serebii.net)! Plus, your map of Ecruteak is a revamped version. X___X

Serebii93
6th March 2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah, thanks for information that's already on the site (http://www.serebii.net)! Plus, your map of Ecruteak is a revamped version. X___X
Revamped version? What the heck does that mean?

-Totodile-
6th March 2006, 10:07 PM
It means someone remade the town on Paint or something with RSEFRLG sprites

.TraX.
7th March 2006, 12:12 AM
The map is just fine, this appears to be a perfectly helpful and constructive thread.

The serebii.net main site has an extremely difficult to find and limited explanation, this is a well explained Silver/Crystal version explanation.

indigestible_wad
7th March 2006, 4:28 AM
And here I thought you were actually going to post some insight on the legend of ecruteak. I guess I was mistaken. This is just the standard gold and silver legendary story. Any child could fit them together. Of course n00bs never can, so I suppose this is for them.

SuperShadow
8th March 2006, 3:31 AM
That's the story? Well it is a little helpful. The way I now the story is that mew created ho-oh as one of his first and most powerful pokemon(hence the power of reviving pokemon). All was peaceful untill a group attacked and the bird became so mad he burnt the towers to the ground and him and his friend(I think the second pokemon is a dragonite) flew away never to come back untill peace was restored.

Naraku_Diabolos
9th March 2006, 3:49 AM
That's the story? Well it is a little helpful. The way I now the story is that mew created ho-oh as one of his first and most powerful pokemon(hence the power of reviving pokemon). All was peaceful untill a group attacked and the bird became so mad he burnt the towers to the ground and him and his friend(I think the second pokemon is a dragonite) flew away never to come back untill peace was restored.

It was Lugia. lol It said so in the game itself. Lugia fled to the Whirl Islands to escape from humans. It knew that its powers were too powerful to be handled by humans, so it fled into the depths of the ocean. Ho-oh fled from the tower after it resurrected the three nameless Pokemon into Raikou, Entei and Suicune. For all we know, those three nameless Pokemon could be ones that weren't introduced yet. Or they could have been merely a Jolteon, Flareon and / or Vaporeon that were resurrected into a Legendary status. Think about that. Those three Eevee evolutions are the same type to the Legendary Beasts. OH! I thought about something. Remember the Three Sages in Crystal? They had a Joleon, Flareon and Vaporeon. Could that be a connection? That the former Three Sages had those three Pokemon that perished and were reborn as Legendary??

I do have a feeling that D/P will have a connection to G/S/C. There's been so many Pokemon so far that are pre-evolved ones or evolutions of ones that are from the G/S/C era (Sneasel, Sudowoodo, and Mantine). Those Pokemon DO have a connection that is/might be hinting that the D/P game is going to be related to G/S/C somehow.

SuperShadow
9th March 2006, 3:54 AM
It was Lugia. lol It said so in the game itself. Lugia fled to the Whirl Islands to escape from humans. It knew that its powers were too powerful to be handled by humans, so it fled into the depths of the ocean. Ho-oh fled from the tower after it resurrected the three nameless Pokemon into Raikou, Entei and Suicune. For all we know, those three nameless Pokemon could be ones that weren't introduced yet. Or they could have been merely a Jolteon, Flareon and / or Vaporeon that were resurrected into a Legendary status. Think about that. Those three Eevee evolutions are the same type to the Legendary Beasts. OH! I thought about something. Remember the Three Sages in Crystal? They had a Joleon, Flareon and Vaporeon. Could that be a connection? That the former Three Sages had those three Pokemon that perished and were reborn as Legendary??

I do have a feeling that D/P will have a connection to G/S/C. There's been so many Pokemon so far that are pre-evolved ones or evolutions of ones that are from the G/S/C era (Sneasel, Sudowoodo, and Mantine). Those Pokemon DO have a connection that is/might be hinting that the D/P game is going to be related to G/S/C somehow.

I thought that 2 of those pokemon that were ressurected were keckleon and azurill, could be wrong.

Naraku_Diabolos
9th March 2006, 4:05 AM
I thought that 2 of those pokemon that were ressurected were keckleon and azurill, could be wrong.

>_____> What kind of answer is that? Keckleon is an imported Pokemon in the Johto and Kanto regions. Meaning, Trainers can purchase or go to Hoenn to obtain them. Misty with her Luvdisc? She could have gotten them from some place else, like Hoenn (when she met Ash and co. with her Togepi). The only way that Kecleon and Azurill would appear in the wild in Johto or Kanto is if a Trainer's Kecleon or Azurill became wild and then reproduced in the wild.

Kecleon and Azurill are VERY unlikely (and a stupid assumption) that they became resurrected into Legendary status. Why? They're both Normal-types and they weren't available in the G/S/C Generation.

shining-Celebi
9th March 2006, 10:32 PM
Nice explanation.I think you forgot that in Crystal,IIRC, you need to catch all three of the legendary dogs to get the rainbow wing and then get Ho-oh, so you should add that information.

SuperShadow
14th March 2006, 1:13 AM
>_____> What kind of answer is that? Keckleon is an imported Pokemon in the Johto and Kanto regions. Meaning, Trainers can purchase or go to Hoenn to obtain them. Misty with her Luvdisc? She could have gotten them from some place else, like Hoenn (when she met Ash and co. with her Togepi). The only way that Kecleon and Azurill would appear in the wild in Johto or Kanto is if a Trainer's Kecleon or Azurill became wild and then reproduced in the wild.

Kecleon and Azurill are VERY unlikely (and a stupid assumption) that they became resurrected into Legendary status. Why? They're both Normal-types and they weren't available in the G/S/C Generation.
Good point. But that doesnt mean that Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon are the legendary dogs/ cats. But as I said I could be wrong. Oh yah that does help beginners, Trainer Mehmet.

Mega Trickster
20th April 2006, 8:00 PM
btw how do you get the rainbow wing in crystal

Catch all 3 ledgenary dogs.
Don't worry I never accomplished that task myself.

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
21st April 2006, 2:23 PM
One thing though. You don't need to have all 8 badges.

In G/S, you just have to get the wing item after beating TR
In C you need just to get all 3 dogs.

~Bent~
25th April 2006, 4:31 AM
One thing though. You don't need to have all 8 badges.

In G/S, you just have to get the wing item after beating TR
In C you need just to get all 3 dogs.In Silver, you get the wing from the old man in Pewter City... and going to Pewter requires eight badges.

I've heard from almost every source that you must beat the E4 in Crystal before you get the wing; however, I've never tested this because I never bother to ignore Indigo Plateau for the time needed to catch the dogs.

The Organizer
30th April 2006, 8:08 PM
Thats weird, thatsl ike ecruteak city with leafgreen/fire red graphics.. WTF?
And yea thanks for the information boutthe "two towers" lo.

Ninetails
1st May 2006, 6:37 AM
Does anyone know where you can find revamped versions of the G/S/C maps?

- Ninetails. ;038;

Trooper Guy
2nd May 2006, 9:39 PM
btw how do you get the rainbow wing in crystal

Simple. You catch all three legendary Beasts then go to Celadon pokemon centre. Eusine should be at the counter. Speak to him and he'll give you the Rainbow wing (Crystal only for those who don't know, btw). :)

Alphonse Elric
9th May 2006, 2:47 PM
Does anyone know where you can find revamped versions of the G/S/C maps?

- Ninetails. ;038;

Do not ask for Downloadable things such as Music, Videos, ROMs etc.
Enough said.

As for this one...

Yeah, you should be modded. [/SARCASM]

No seriously, nobody asked for this unofficial guide, so it doesn't necessarily count as helping.

Masumi
11th May 2006, 9:34 AM
In Crystal I managed to go into the Pokemon Leauge with Entei. ^^;;; However, Raikou is still on the loose.... ><;;; So.....still no Ho-oh for me. Do got it in Gold....

Jish
13th May 2006, 7:28 AM
Jeez, Phoenix, what crawled up your ***? Asking for pictures is not the same as asking for illegal roms or music downloads. I too would like to see them, and I don't see how it is against the rules.

As for the other thing ... no comment. Perhaps nobody asked for the guide, but it is still helpful to some.

Serebii93
13th May 2006, 8:14 AM
Good point. But that doesnt mean that Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon are the legendary dogs/ cats. But as I said I could be wrong. Oh yah that does help beginners, Trainer Mehmet.
*Sigh* Good God, do you even know anything about GSC? Kekcleon? Azurill? They don't even exist yet[in the game]. The legendary dogs: Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon as them? You gotta be kidding. Why don't you go have a look at THE LEGENDARY PAGE (http://www.serebii.net/gs/gslegend.shtml) for your little, not-knowing-anything brain! Sigh, it you SPAM here one more time, I will report you to hell.

As for this topic, it has nothing to do with the Legend of Ecruteak anymore, so I will be asking for it to be shut down.

I enjoyed Ecruteak, and I loved the Dogs and Birds. But no one seems to realize that, without them, this game wouldn't be complete. And another thing: Has everyone forgotton Eusine? The dummy who is always failing to catch Suicune?

Altmer
13th May 2006, 3:23 PM
This thread appears to have a purpose, so I won't shut the thread down, Serebii93.

Also for heaven's sake stop acting like little children here. If someone spams, DO NOT REPLY, just pm/report the thread.

If you do reply make sure it's to a proper post.

o_O
13th May 2006, 9:48 PM
Ho-oh is the gaurdian of Raikou, Entei and Suicune. And Lugia is the gaurdian of Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres if you saw pokemon 2000 the power of one. Not sure...but please correct me if i'm wrong.

Ninetails
14th May 2006, 12:13 AM
Enough said.
I never asked for the ROMs, music or videos. All I asked for were revamped versions of the maps in the games. If you can't tell the difference between asking for something illegal and asking for something legal then you should have kept your mouth shut.

- Ninetails. ;038;

Serebii93
14th May 2006, 1:00 AM
This thread appears to have a purpose, so I won't shut the thread down, Serebii93.

Also for heaven's sake stop acting like little children here. If someone spams, DO NOT REPLY, just pm/report the thread.

If you do reply make sure it's to a proper post.
Okay, don't close it. Not a problem with me. I really don't care. Really.

Am I acting like a child? I just answered someone else's question.

I made a proper post. I don't see what the problem is.

I never asked for the ROMs, music or videos. All I asked for were revamped versions of the maps in the games. If you can't tell the difference between asking for something illegal and asking for something legal then you should have kept your mouth shut.

- Ninetails. ;038;
I believe Grid has some... Oh, yeah, he does. He worships GSC. Here's his link:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109331

Ho-oh is the gaurdian of Raikou, Entei and Suicune. And Lugia is the gaurdian of Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres if you saw pokemon 2000 the power of one. Not sure...but please correct me if i'm wrong.
Hmm...it sounds reasonable. But Lugia isn't just in the Orange Islands. Neither Ho-Oh in Tin Tower. Maybe you are right, but your post has nothing to with this thread. I am going to report you. Sorry if I'm SPAMming myself.

o_O
14th May 2006, 1:52 AM
Hmm...it sounds reasonable. But Lugia isn't just in the Orange Islands. Neither Ho-Oh in Tin Tower. Maybe you are right, but your post has nothing to with this thread. I am going to report you. Sorry if I'm SPAMming myself.

I didn't intentionally mean to go Off-topic, I am sorta new but that isn't really the reason. I was trying to go with the story (In other words, going on-topic) of the History of Ecruteak & about the Legendary bird's history of the two towers. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think I was off-topic. I don't know what's your deal or anthing, but you really need to chill or just grow up. I'm not trying to be offensive, but coming out and blurting something like "You're off-topic, i'm going to report you" is really rude. Especially when you're being a hypocrite and spamming and breaking the rules aswell.

And it does sound logical. I mean, in the whirl islands master quest Richie & Ash was having a conversation and Ash said he saw Lugia in the orange islands. And Richie replied saying it might be where it migrates or something...My memory is bleh..(someone correct me please) And Lugia's goal was supposed to "calm" the birds down. Now, since Lugia handles those 3 birds and Ho-oh sends 3 Dogs & cats running wild it DOES sound logical. But since it wasn't added in the game about anyone talking about Lugia in Ecruteak City or anywhere else. It does seem like a mystery. But my statment does sound logical if you think about it, the puzzles come together as the anime and game mix.

Altmer
14th May 2006, 8:09 AM
Okay, don't close it. Not a problem with me. I really don't care. Really.

Am I acting like a child? I just answered someone else's question.

I made a proper post. I don't see what the problem is.

I believe Grid has some... Oh, yeah, he does. He worships GSC. Here's his link:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109331

it was CHILDREN in the PLURAL.

Have a nice day.

That's what I mean with "shut up, continue the conversation, and report the post."

DON'T SPAM THE THREAD WITH POINTLESS OMG SPAM I'LL REPORT YOU POSTS!

Jesus christ.

Alphonse Elric
15th May 2006, 4:42 AM

- Ninetails. ;038;
Alright, I get the picture. Sorry.

For the record, I was in a very bad mood when I posted that. If you want revamped maps, maybe the Fan Sprites or Fan-Art Requests Sections will help. You should find what you're looking for there.

Yeah, so this thread really does have a purpose then. But I really doubt if it will help that much, since there aren't many people who still play G/S/C anymore.

What? Last time I checked, if you have the Rainbow wing and have caught all three of the Legendary Dogs, then you can actually go up the Tin Tower and battle Ho-Oh itself. And Lugia can't be found in the Orange Islands, true, but keep in mind that the Orange Islands don't even exist in the games, so that information is, if you asked me, flawed.

Serebii93
15th May 2006, 5:54 AM
What? Last time I checked, if you have the Rainbow wing and have caught all three of the Legendary Dogs, then you can actually go up the Tin Tower and battle Ho-Oh itself. And Lugia can't be found in the Orange Islands, true, but keep in mind that the Orange Islands don't even exist in the games, so that information is, if you asked me, flawed.
Yes, you catch it in tin tower, but have you left out the PokeDex entry? And the TV show? The run into Lugia and Ho-Oh more than once.

Alphonse Elric
15th May 2006, 6:59 AM
Yes, you catch it in tin tower, but have you left out the PokeDex entry? And the TV show? The run into Lugia and Ho-Oh more than once.
Animé =/= Games

They ran into Ho-Oh and Lugia more than once in the animé, sure. But the same can't be proven for the games. In the games, all you need is a Rainbow Wing and all three Legendary Dogs captured to get Ho-Oh. And you need the Silver Wing for Lugia.

And it does sound logical. I mean, in the whirl islands master quest Richie & Ash was having a conversation and Ash said he saw Lugia in the orange islands. And Richie replied saying it might be where it migrates or something...My memory is bleh..(someone correct me please) And Lugia's goal was supposed to "calm" the birds down. Now, since Lugia handles those 3 birds and Ho-oh sends 3 Dogs & cats running wild it DOES sound logical. But since it wasn't added in the game about anyone talking about Lugia in Ecruteak City or anywhere else. It does seem like a mystery. But my statment does sound logical if you think about it, the puzzles come together as the anime and game mix.
That's a very good theory, but since Animé =/= Games, then I'm not sure if it can count to go along with the story of Ecruteak and Ho-Oh. Another theory is the puzzle of the Unowns. They have, more or less, something to do with Ho-Oh. In the Ruins of Alph, there is Unown Writing that seems to imply a possible Power Struggle between Ho-Oh and Lugia. But in the Whirl Islands, there isn't any Unown Writing at all, so it all seems a mystery...

dotaitos15
19th December 2006, 6:09 PM
Interesting...but do the unown connect to any of this like in the movie? w/ entei?

dash142
19th December 2006, 8:08 PM

He meant it isen't the only place you find it. This isen't completely about the games. It deals with the entire legend. So yes, Lugia is also found in the Orange Islands.

As for the Unkowns... that Entei was a fake. It wasen't the real thing. They were just having some fun.

Virtual Headache
19th December 2006, 11:43 PM
Don't bump old threads.